Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Cloud Small Cloud VPS (Cloud Server Smart) price reduced
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Cloud Small Cloud VPS (Cloud Server Smart) price reduced

mlimli Member
edited November 2017 in Providers

Hi,

Aruba Cloud has reduced the price of Small Cloud VPS to 2.79€ from 4.99€ in all datacenters except DC1/IT and DC3/CZ where the product is still priced at 1€/month. More about the new prices here: https://arubacloud.com/company/news.aspx#news210.

Thanked by 3Shot2 Falzo bersy

Comments

• might not last long before they eventually turn prices again. good offer though.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I dont care, still have my 1 Eur instances in UK and DE. :P

Thanked by 2vimalware bersy
  • @Maounique said:

me too, but actually a second one in de for a month or two might come in handy and 2,79 isn't that much at all ;-)

• Need a 1€ VPS in PL :)

• How's the reliability on your Aruba VPS's?
    Have any downtime, stability or other issues?

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited November 2017

@Sova said:
    How's the reliability on your Aruba VPS's?

Hungarian team said SLA is guaranteed, uptime should be 99,9%. I just got the vps 1 week ago. Fast, and great. Incredible.. Uptime for now dont know. We shall see. Checked last posts and seems uptime is good too.

• @Sova said:

UK, 1€ VM:

# uptime
     16:11:01 up 781 days, 21:23,  1 user,  load average: 0,17, 0,08, 0,09
    Thanked by 3coreflux bersy Dormeo
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

They're very reliable. I have some issues with Cloudflare ipv6 on the UK nodes though (can't connect to any Cloudflare hosted sites).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@Sova said:

UK, 1€ VM:

# uptime
    >  16:11:01 up 781 days, 21:23,  1 user,  load average: 0,17, 0,08, 0,09

That is impressive for 1 eur month.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@MikePT said:

@Falzo said:

@Sova said:

UK, 1€ VM:

uptime
    16:11:01 up 781 days, 21:23, 1 user, load average: 0,17, 0,08, 0,09

That is impressive for 1 eur month.

The magic of sleeping with the italian government.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I left them becouse of their control panel.

• @Falzo said:

@Sova said:

UK, 1€ VM:

# uptime

That is awesome. Thanks for the stat!

• @WHT said:
    I left them becouse of their control panel.

it's a tad better now, at least for the login... but honestly, besides deploying the instances there is not much to do there anyway ;-)

• # uptime

Amazing uptime, is it idle vps ?

edited November 2017

WHT said: I left them becouse of their control panel.

I feel for you, man, I rarely need to go there and when I do I never know where I am and what can be done where. They even changed stuff since I started with them so this added to the confusion. I also thought it's too much at Prometeus where we have WHMCS, Solus, DirectAdmin, cPanel, CloudStack, Virtualizor, HostBill, even Proxmox, Cloudmin and vSphere, but, usually, WHMCS and plugins in it and HostBill cover many of the common functions, including Uncle's own for cloudstack.
    Still, when I look at Aruba I take heart. At least we are using pretty standard tools people already know.

• @WHT said:
    I left them becouse of their control panel.

I had one of their #1 deals and let it go just because it was a pain in the ass to get anything done (and an average 17% packet loss).

• @logaritse said:

# uptime
    > >  16:11:01 up 781 days, 21:23,  1 user,  load average: 0,17, 0,08, 0,09

Amazing uptime, is it idle vps ?

hmm using it rarely as a UK vpn and also hosting observium on it which is monitoring half of my other VMs :-) besides that just using it as a playground for different things from time to time. 1€ a month doesn't hurt for this, so gonna keep it forever.

• @Falzo I'm having buyers' remorse on paying #19/yr on my netcup nameservers. I mean, my $8/yr tragic OVZs have been bulletproof as backups. Any suggestion for cheaper? Obviously I'll be keeping them for a year at least (and avoid pissing off too many registrars by making them edit my host IPs manually)..

• @WSS said:
    @Falzo I'm having buyers' remorse on paying #19/yr on my netcup nameservers. I mean, my $8/yr tragic OVZs have been bulletproof as backups. Any suggestion for cheaper? Obviously I'll be keeping them for a year at least (and avoid pissing off too many registrars by making them edit my host IPs manually)..

hmm, wait for Black Friday? I am sure you'll get sorted by someone ;-)
    non-nated services below $10 isn't easy though...

edited November 2017

Falzo said: 1€ a month doesn't hurt for this, so gonna keep it forever.

There is no guarantee they wont hike the price at some point even if you already have an instance going or terminate it for some reason to force you to take another.
    At 1.5 Eur I would think about it as they also charge me VAT, definitely moving at 2.

• zeitgeistzeitgeist Member
    edited November 2017

@Maounique said:

That price may not last much longer...

From today, the monthly cost for the Small Cloud VPS (Smart Cloud Server) has been cut from €4.99 to €2.79 a month when activated at the Arezzo (DC2/IT2), Paris (DC4/FR1), Frankfurt (DC5/DE1), London (DC6/UK1) and Warsaw (DC8/PL1) data centers. The new price for this product applies to both new purchases and renewals.

(emphasis mine). The way I read it, while cutting the prices for new purchases, they are effectively raising the prices for those who are still running 1 Eur instances... or did I miss something in the announcement?

Edit: In the control panel it still says "Estimate per month 1.00 Euro", so perhaps I did read the announcement wrong. :p

• You probably missed the line

For similar products activated or renewed at the DC1/IT1 and DC3/CZ1 data centers, the price of €1/month will continue to apply.

edited November 2017

I think they mean the cut price for those products, not the original. Also, I am not sure what "renewal" may mean, as this is an instance I don't have to renew anything at.
    Maybe if you run out of credits, but sounds strange even so.

P.S. I did not get that email, or not yet.

• @Shot2 said:

You probably missed the line

For similar products activated or renewed at the DC1/IT1 and DC3/CZ1 data centers, the price of €1/month will continue to apply.

Yes, that's specifically referring to IT1 and CZ1, but not to UK nor DE for example.

edited November 2017

Ehm... This does not look like an omission but rather well thought ploy...
    Talking about cuts for some very few (who pays 5 Eur for that) to mask the increase for very many.
    You might be right, damn, bye Aruba in this case, or I will move to the DCs where are still 1 Eur/mo until money run out. Still have some 13 Eur with them, but need to remember and check if the price was increased.

• Actually, the price at these UK/DE/FR datacenters should have increased months ago... They may have overlooked it for existing instances, but I wouldn't expect to go unnoticed for years...

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

Sova said: How's the reliability on your Aruba VPS's? Have any downtime, stability or other issues?

Despite the uptime, there's a relatively high inbound dropped packets ratio. An idling instance with netdata constantly complains about this, with peaks up to ~2.5% dropped packets in a 10 minutes span at least twice a day.

edited November 2017

Shot2 said: They may have overlooked it for existing instances

No, they said existing instances keep the same price.

P.S. I was searching for that mail and it is also conspicuously missing, I wonder if they dont send me mails about pricing, do you know when it went out? I mean the one with the price increase in some DCs.

• @Maounique said: Shot2 said: They may have overlooked it for existing instances

No, they said existing instances keep the same price.

The announcement isn't entirely clear on this point, but on one reading, renewals of the old €1 VPSes will cost €2,79 (except for IT1 and CZ1).

• lemonlemon Member
    edited November 2017