Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Black Friday 2017?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Black Friday 2017?

Hi,

Do you know if @Nick_A is going to offer some awesome deals for VPS at RamNode this Black Friday 2017?

Thanks,
gapper

Comments

• I don't have any services with them yet, it could be a good start :)

• Only @Nick_A would know this.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It's just 1 week too early to know.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Can;t wait for RamNode BF deals, hope there are some for the reseller hosting too!

• Would be awesome to have some RamNode deals!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Do people generally like knowing well in advance what deals are coming?

I have had so many PM's with what's when's ??? if I announced them I am sure they would be replaced with "can I buy now" PM's instead.

• @AnthonySmith said: Do people generally like knowing well in advance what deals are coming?

The patient among us prefer to be surprised. :-)

AnthonySmith said: I have had so many PM's with what's when's ??? if I announced them I am sure they would be replaced with "can I buy now" PM's instead.

Don't give in to the pressure!

• FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

AnthonySmith said: Do people generally like knowing well in advance what deals are coming?

Sure, because they can just wait the start of the sales to buy

• As I remember, they often had some 25% off in BF/CM for some specific product lines, not all

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We have some deals planned, but you'll have to wait a few more days at least! :)

• I'm also waiting for great BF offers from @AnthonySmith. Ramnode discount isnt attractive.

• All deals should be held for Friday/Monday

Thanked by 2Harambe Lee
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Do people generally like knowing well in advance what deals are coming?

I have had so many PM's with what's when's ??? if I announced them I am sure they would be replaced with "can I buy now" PM's instead.

From big box retailers? Yes. Part of the whole BF experience is looking over flyers and working out where you're gonna line up at/visit first.

For online sales most, like Amazon, just give you what time the sale starts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I thought Ramnode had more or less left the LET market...I mean, they still offer stuff that qualifies for sure and I'm not knocking them as a provider, but @Nick_A hasn't posted an offer here since 2015.

Again, love Ramnode and use them, just thought they were fishing elsewhere than the LET swamp.

• @Nick_A Any chance for reseller offers? :P

• I am looking for @Nekki and @WSS offer.

• @yokowasis said:
    I am looking for @Nekki and @WSS offer.

Make a stupid post, get insulted for free?

• @WSS said:

@yokowasis said:

But That is what happens every day on LET. So much for"Special"

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

@yokowasis said:

Make a stupid post, get insulted for free and pay for it?

Fixed it for you

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @yokowasis said:

@WSS said:

@yokowasis said:

But That is what happens every day on LET. So much for"Special"

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @raindog308 said:
    I thought Ramnode had more or less left the LET market...

Not sure, they still have some very low regular prices. Their 1Gb KVM is now $5/m - really good deal for such a quality service. And they have unlimited shared hosting now for $4/m - they clearly aim at iPage, Hostgator etc. - and if they keep Ramnode quality then that would be a really low price. iPage has different tiers, their $1.99 (need to sign up 3 years!) shared is extremely slow - if you want faster it costs more.

My suggestion, try them, no matter they have BF deals or not.

Thanked by 2Nick_A coreflux
  • Have been using Ramnode for three years. Pretty solid and the service is also great.
    I am supposed to buy some new machines to survive the next whole year, but now I need to change my minds to turn to other solid providers after the disappointing Black Friday Promos.

I know that you have already done a great job and don't need to attract more customers with huge discounts, but, with all due respects, I guess it's not a good marketing to combine your vps and shared hosting together.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@fantacybaby said: but now I need to change my minds to turn to other solid providers after the disappointing Black Friday Promos.

Ok. Bye.

• @Nick_A you can do better BF deals? 1 or 2 months free don't even make me look at the price...

• @fantacybaby said:
    now I need to change my minds to turn to other solid providers after the disappointing Black Friday Promos

You know that @Nick_A dropped pricing by quite a bit earlier this year, right? I mean, the guy runs a good service and he needs to eat, too; how much cheaper are you hoping to get?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • LeeLee Veteran

fantacybaby said: I know that you have already done a great job and don't need to attract more customers with huge discounts, but

No, no but, if you want a but go speak to @Nekki.

• @fantacybaby said: but now I need to change my minds to turn to other solid providers after the disappointing Black Friday Promos.

More than one mind, that's impressive.

• @JustAMacUser said:

@fantacybaby said:
    now I need to change my minds to turn to other solid providers after the disappointing Black Friday Promos

You know that @Nick_A dropped pricing by quite a bit earlier this year, right? I mean, the guy runs a good service and he needs to eat, too; how much cheaper are you hoping to get?

Hello bro! I mean I have not seen even 5% off on any kvm vps.
    I am using their service, too. I also think their service is great. But I won't put on more machines during this weekends due to I have gone through one year double-ip-promos(perhaps), two years 25% off on SKVM and one year 30% off on SKVMS.

In terms of the dropped pricing, frankly speaking, if you wanna survive, follow Linode and vultr do.

I guess you have the right not to give a promo during Black Friday like DO,vultr or linode. But if do, do it wisely.

• @fantacybaby Do women laugh at you too for being so cheap?

Thanked by 1steny