Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody used TorGuard before? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody used TorGuard before?

2»

Comments

• emgemg Veteran

P.S. TorGuard is not the only trademark bully in town. Apple is being sued by a small developer who had the original Animoji trademark. According to the developer, Apple offered to buy the trademark, but negotiations failed. Apple started using the trademark anyway. Now the developer is suing for trademark infringement.

I can cite other examples of similar cases where the big company just took the registered trademark or copyrighted material, and used their lawyers to make a lawsuit untenable for the victim.

• bullying

lol. Their entire service is catering to users of torrents. Anyone who knows what Tor is should know that A) the network isn't designed for file-sharing and B) most advice says use Tor or use a VPN, rarely both, although there are use cases for this.

I've been using TorGuard for years. Great speeds, 0 issues. Would recommend. There is a 50% off code that works and it's great for $35/year.

• Jeez you had to go and ruin the diatribe, @im_jmz. I'd like to think that it took emg 45 minutes to stop hyperventilating to respond.

Thanked by 2MasonR im_jmz
  • emgemg Veteran

@im_jmz said:

lol. Their entire service is catering to users of torrents. Anyone who knows what Tor is should know that A) the network isn't designed for file-sharing and B) most advice says use Tor or use a VPN, rarely both, although there are use cases for this.

I've been using TorGuard for years. Great speeds, 0 issues. Would recommend. There is a 50% off code that works and it's great for $35/year.

@WSS said:
    Jeez you had to go and ruin the diatribe, @im_jmz. I'd like to think that it took emg 45 minutes to stop hyperventilating to respond.

@im_jmz: Sorry, but when I visit TorGuard's website, it is all about VPNs and anonymity. Even if they started out with a focus on torrents, they are infringing on the Tor trademark now. Your comments about how Tor and VPNs are used are helpful.

@TSS: Diatribe or not, did I make any factual errors? Do you have any constructive comments about the content of my posts? ... or would you prefer to continue sniping at me with the personal attacks, a la Trump?

Obviously I care about The Tor Project, and don't like it when others abuse it for personal gain. I do not know what went on in the boardroom when they chose the TorGuard name, but I find it hard to believe that anyone working in the VPN / anonymity space was not aware of Tor in 2012, when the TorGuard domain was first created.

• @emg said:
    @TSS: Diatribe or not, did I make any factual errors? Do you have any constructive comments about the content of my posts? ... or would you prefer to continue sniping at me with the personal attacks, a la Trump?

lol fake news

Thanked by 1im_jmz