Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing LowEndStorage.win -- a Comprehensive List of LowEnd Storage VPS Providers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing LowEndStorage.win -- a Comprehensive List of LowEnd Storage VPS Providers

Comments

• You are so in that!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Yes.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@UltraVPS has been added to the list

• The most relevant figure is $/month/TiB and that's not in the table :(

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Actually, @willie is right. @MasonR, would you consider adding price-per-tb column?

Thanked by 1MasonR

@willie said:
    The most relevant figure is $/month/TiB and that's not in the table :(

@asv said:
    Actually, @willie is right. @MasonR, would you consider adding price-per-tb column?

Hey guys, I agree. I plan on adding it when I get a chance. Traveling and visiting family all week so it might be a few days till I get around to it.

• Bookmark
    sorry at work

• @MasonR said:
    Hey guys, I agree. I plan on adding it when I get a chance. Traveling and visiting family all week so it might be a few days till I get around to it.

Lazy fucker. LET IS LIFE!

Thanked by 1MasonR

Some updates:

1. The column sorting issues have been worked out.
    2. A new column lets you sort by $/TB/mo (thanks for the suggestion @corbpie, @teamacc, @Devil, @willie, @asv). Sorry it took so long :P
    3. Added BudgetNode's ( @Ishaq ) new storage line to the list. I had a good experience with their free beta -- performance was always pretty good.
    4. Added @VirMach to the list in prep for their storage line launch
    5. Verified that all the links and prices in the table are current as of today (1 Dec 2017) approx. 10pm EST.
    edited July 2018

LowEndStorage.win REVAMP

I’ve just revamped my LowEndStorage.win website! It was much overdue for some changes and updates. I hope you all like the changes that were made.

So what changed?:

• Now using DataTables jQuery plug-in to show and sort the data
    • A GitHub project has been created so that edits/additions/deletions can more easily be proposed by community members
    • I no longer have to manually write the HTML code for each entry as it is now in json format, which is read by a small Python program which creates the HTML code for the table.
    • Ability to hide/show columns to reduce or expand the information shown to suit your needs.
    • Selectable rows - useful when you need to scroll horizontally to read all of the information.
    • Sticky header - useful for when you scroll down on a smaller screen so you can still see the column names/fields.

I’m not a front-end guy, so bear with me if you don’t think it looks all that pretty – I was gearing more for functionality over aesthetics. Feel free to let me know what you think or if you believe any changes could be made to make the site better or more useful. Now that the GitHub project is live, it should be way easier to get other people contributing to the project.

Next on the agenda is to:

1. Add some providers that have recently come out with storage offerings that are not on the site yet
    2. Verify all links/coupons are current
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@MasonR said:

LowEndStorage.win REVAMP

Good job waiting to be listed :)

Thanked by 1MasonR

@key900 said:

I should be able to get you up there tonight. Along with @Jack, who I promised weeks ago I'd add his storage line (sorry it has taken so long! :P)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

@key900 said:

I should be able to get you up there tonight. Along with @Jack, who I promised weeks ago I'd add his storage line (sorry it has taken so long! :P)

No problem ypu are doing great Job for free services to help a lot of people !
    I”d prefer Listing our new line NVMe + Block Storage and take your time !

• Thanks MasonR!
    I didn't even know this kind of site exists.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Bravo! .. had been monitoring that site in the past.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • This is great reference. I was using it to find Time4VPS offer. :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

We need more offers

Thanked by 2dedicados v3ng

I suppose it's time to happily announce that @uptime is taking over the LowEndStorage project! I haven't been able to find the time lately to do the project justice and keep it up-to-date, so about a week ago I set out looking for a volunteer to take it on. I quickly received a message from @uptime (along with a couple others) who put his name forward. Being a passionate member of the LET community, I'm sure @uptime will do a great job and I'm excited to see in which direction he takes the project.

Please join me in wishing @uptime the best of luck with LowEndStorage! If anyone wishes to also contribute, I'm sure he would accept any help curating the list and keeping the offers up to date. @uptime, I'd like to personally thank you for taking this on and I am excited to see where the project goes while under your watchful eye.

Cheers,
    -Mason

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

best wishes @uptime and thanks @MasonR
    edit: Today I checked the site on laptop and realized the quality and the variety of information there. Very helpful indeed.

Thanked by 2MasonR uptime
  • Thanks @MasonR and @uptime for this transition and preventing what is a useful site from becoming abandonware.

• "Out of Stock"

• @Andy10tbit said:
    "Out of Stock"

How many more useless comments do you want to rack up?

Thanked by 2angstrom maverickp
  • @Andy10tbit said:
    "Out of Stock"

“Epic cunt”

Thanked by 2MichaelCee angstrom
  • @MasonR, thanks again for your efforts in maintaining this service for the community. I'm glad to know that the project will be kept in good hands.

@uptime please keep us posted on your new ideas and objectives for lowendstorage. Also, if we can help in any way please let us know. I wish you the best luck and may the Chayote Gods light your way.

• Thanks @MasonR - as per our unspoken agreement ...

you are to remain https://LowEndStorage.win's Benevolent Dictator for Life (Emiritus) - for life! :smiley:

For the time being, I've just added a few more years to the domain registration.

And the project is now on https://github.com/edit2/LowEndStorage

Thanked by 3MasonR ITLabs plumberg
  • lol!

I'll be looking to further improve the "(hit by a) bus" factor so it won't be just me holding the keys to this thing going forward.

Main agenda at the moment is just to get a handle on current offers to make any necessary updates (sometime this weekend) - and will want to differentiate between "limited time" pricing and the more stable ongoing deals as Black Friday silly season approaches.

So along those lines - news about new offers (and also pointers to any out-of-date info on the site) would be most welcome here!

Thanked by 3ITLabs MasonR poisson
  • thanks for this list. It's very handy to find hosts quickly!

• Congratulations @uptime :-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well done folks!

Thanked by 1uptime