Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode will no longer honor any of your century deals - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode will no longer honor any of your century deals

13»

Comments

• @cheapwebdev said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@cheapwebdev said:

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I'm shocked people are actually getting notice of more than a few days this time round.

The fact they are discontinuing products they said they could honor in their own locations on their owned hardware is just further proof of how unrealistic the plans they were offering were.

I'm interested in the specials people managed to get and see if there's anything comparable now.

I'm eager to see what they're going to do in regards to compensation though...

"This time around"...? VortexNode has done this before?

I mean do you not remember the CC dedicated server situation?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/116479/vortexnode-linovus-completely-bankrupt/p1

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/115270/vortexnode-struggling/p1

Slightly different in that warning was given but the plug got pulled ahead of schedule due to not being up to date on payments with CC and breaching of contracts from what has been said.

Well I have 5 KVMs (Chstimasdeal), the one for 512mb ram and I only pay $5 a year. I didn't ever consider them for the dedicated server needs as support was always "meh" at best.

I suppose it's a good lesson to not have all your eggs in one basket...

• @IThinkUFailed said:

Well I have 5 KVMs (Chstimasdeal), the one for 512mb ram and I only pay $5 a year. I didn't ever consider them for the dedicated server needs as support was always "meh" at best.

Yeah. Dude paid $25 for maybe 9 months of 512MB KVMs that were stable and usable. He sure got fucked when that basket fell.

• @WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Yeah. Dude paid $25 for maybe 9 months of 512MB KVMs that were stable and usable. He sure got fucked when that basket fell.

He's still not getting the full service he paid for and now has to move 5 KVM's that may have actually been in use.

No matter how you try and sugar coat it, he still got fucked. Maybe not in the quality and usability but he's getting screwed out of his time left with his services still...

• IThinkUFailed said: still got fucked.

Well, maybe just groped, rather than actually fucked.

• @WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

11.5 months** and oh yea, I am crying of my idle boxes and all the work I have to do to migrate elsewhere.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FlamesRunner said: We will not be renewing any budget services at the end of term or by the end of November 2017.

So if someone paid for a year and it's been 9 months, are they just fucked for the other 3 months, or do they get a refund?

If a provider decides to stop offering a deal or a package any more...

• and just stops taking new signups for that package, that's totally cool.

• and lets existing users ride out their term, that's also cool.

• and refunds users their remaining term with 30 days' notice or something, that's less cool but these things happen.

• and just turns the boxes off and keeps the money, the provider should go to jail and get raped in the prison shower.

Thanked by 3switsys ThracianDog WSS
  • @raindog308 said:

FlamesRunner said: We will not be renewing any budget services at the end of term or by the end of November 2017.

So if someone paid for a year and it's been 9 months, are they just fucked for the other 3 months, or do they get a refund?

To continue along that line of questioning, what if their yearly deal was "pay yearly, get 2 months free". That way you pay for 10 months, but if they cancel 9 months in, do you get a refund for a) 3 months b) 1 month or c) (3/12) of the yearly price?

teamacc said: To continue along that line of questioning, what if their yearly deal was "pay yearly, get 2 months free". That way you pay for 10 months, but if they cancel 9 months in, do you get a refund for a) 3 months b) 1 month or c) (3/12) of the yearly price?

Seems to me you paid a price for 14 months, so if you only got 9, you should get 5/14ths back.

• @raindog308 said:

teamacc said: To continue along that line of questioning, what if their yearly deal was "pay yearly, get 2 months free". That way you pay for 10 months, but if they cancel 9 months in, do you get a refund for a) 3 months b) 1 month or c) (3/12) of the yearly price?

Seems to me you paid a price for 14 months, so if you only got 9, you should get 5/14ths back.

Sorry, should've been more clear. You paid 10 months for 12 months of service. (the most-used yearly deal by LET providers nowadays)

• This thread should be moved to Provider so others may be aware of the potential pitfalls by going with VortexNode

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner default
  • @ThracianDog said:
    This thread should be moved to Provider so others may be aware of the potential pitfalls by going with VortexNode

I don't disagree, but for what it's worth, VortexNode are effectively gone from LET, and have been for a while now. They're not going to suddenly show up on BF/CM with too-good-to-be-true offers again.

• @angstrom said:

@ThracianDog said:
    This thread should be moved to Provider so others may be aware of the potential pitfalls by going with VortexNode

I don't disagree, but for what it's worth, VortexNode are effectively gone from LET, and have been for a while now. They're not going to suddenly show up on BF/CM with too-good-to-be-true offers again.

The idea of moving it from offtopic to providers is to make google index it, so people that are not on LET can find it.

• @teamacc said:

@angstrom said:

@ThracianDog said:

The idea of moving it from offtopic to providers is to make google index it, so people that are not on LET can find it.

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I don't disagree.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

I moved it. It’s really not off-topic for LET.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@IThinkUFailed said:

@WSS said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

He's still not getting the full service he paid for and now has to move 5 KVM's that may have actually been in use.

No matter how you try and sugar coat it, he still got fucked. Maybe not in the quality and usability but he's getting screwed out of his time left with his services still...

You started by saying "Don't put all of your shit in one place", and turned straight into a strawman of "Buh-buh-buh CONTRACT NOT UPHELD". Make up your mind on which field you're going to play for at least one linear conversation, k? You can play that later.

I agree what they did is shit, and that's why I left VN at the first sign of the end, many, many months ago, like others did when they were magically offline and moved without even being notified. I think they're fuckheads for not following through for the duration of the contract, and that won't change.

But $5/yr 512M KVM is just as sustainable as their $10 Atom. (It's not). Anyone who didn't see the writing on the wall when Magnus was deactivated, and Jason hopped to another provider several months ago just wasn't paying attention- or didn't give a shit.

@raindog308 said:

This gets a little interesting. Since there are 14 months (two free), there really isn't necessarily a contract stipulation for those two months (depending on how it's written).

[Decided to do the math.]

The difference between 5/14s and 3/12s is literally 1.6%.

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with this one. :)

• well looks like its dead early. Not been able to access for days, invalid ip. But yet they said Nov 28th. Oh well.