Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals from last year are you keeping/canceling?

Comments

• one year in, Liteserver 200GB has been very satisfactory for private tracker linux iso leeching (max_uploads = 60 works decent on rtorrent + I rarely use over 200GB/mo transfer)

Downloads are almost 300mbps ; can't ask for more for the price. Also a +1 vpn POP for AMS.

Two Thumbs up.

• I hope to snag another 50 @Virmach hosts and then sell them at a minor loss like I did in Janua... oh, wait, no.

• Harambe said: - OVH 50% off VPS deal (was only on first invoice)

Umm, how to cancel the vps? Can't find the option anywhere on the control panel.

• @none said:

Umm, how to cancel the vps? Can't find the option anywhere on the control panel.

There is no option, Just don't renew/pay.

Thanked by 1none
  • @none said:

Harambe said: - OVH 50% off VPS deal (was only on first invoice)

Just let them expire.

Thanked by 1none
  • @vovler said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Just let them expire.

OK, but will it affect me if I'm ordering another one when BF arrive? I mean, do they automatically charge my card or is it okay so long as I don't auto-renew (can't find the auto-renew button anywhere either)?

• @none said:

@vovler said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Just let them expire.

OK, but will it affect me if I'm ordering another one when BF arrive? I mean, do they automatically charge my card or is it okay so long as I don't auto-renew (can't find the auto-renew button anywhere either)?

They dont auto-renew neither your card, neither PayPal. Unless you load you account with x amount of $s

Thanked by 1none
  • Hoping for a reliable storage vps 500Gb+ for next BF. I'm backing up a lot of sites to Rackspace and the monthly bills are starting to hurt.

• @WSS said:
    @Harambe what're you looking for now? I've got one of those Dacentec beasts..

Hey @WSS, what are the specs & price? Let me know once you make up your mind regarding renewing or dropping it.

• @K4Y5 said:

@WSS said:

Hey @WSS, what are the specs & price? Let me know once you make up your mind regarding renewing or dropping it.

You seem to show up every Black Friday.. like a robot, or something.

Hit you via PM.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited November 2017

Im killing pretty much all VPS I got BF2016. Only keeping sub 7$/y vps for minor redundancy tasks.

So: Veesp, i-83, Liteserver, Nodion(I think that was BF?).

Veesp and Liteserver were great. Liteserver especially. Not a single downtime.

i-83.... is pretty much dead.
    Nodion, while the server runs (and that well), having to contact them to do pretty much anything after their panel has gone away for months now is really stupid.

Looking for cheap dedis still. Im maxed out on strong machines.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@MagicalTrain Nodion will eventually have a control panel. Really!

I wish I kept my half-priced mnx.io setup.

What kind of cheap Dedi you need? I have a DbD left w/ FUNCTIONAL CONSOLE.

I also have a couple 6G/~20-50GB/1.5TB Tragic OVZs left that renew at ~$22/yr.

Thanked by 1MagicalTrain
  • @WSS I have two DbD. Im good with American servers. And im always mildly annoyed when I think about actually having DbD servers. They work well and are cheap, so Im keeping them for now anyway.

With cheap Dedi I mean sub 15$/month. Nothing I really need, just my collection addiction running wild. Past few months my homelab has grown to 10 servers....

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

Well I gave away my KS-4Cs that cost #10/mo, so.. that's all I had left.

Yeah. DbD annoys me, too. Service is always good, even if it is slower than molasses fucking in a tarpit.

• I was really surprised last week when I got an email from DbD. Was about the ipv6 subnet I requested when I first bought the servers. Like 4 months ago?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

I was thinking they should change their motto, myself..

• Keep: actually my Vortexnode $10/y KVM is still working, so why not?

Cancel: 1/2 price OVH VPS (like yours); i83 storage vps's (they are still working but for how long); maybe Jarland's $15/y 2016 BF deal since I also have the $5/y 2016 deal and the 1GB space turns out to be more than I need.

I don't remember getting anything else last BF. I might drop a couple of Kimsufis from flash sales and maybe a couple of other dedis, especially if @Francisco's storage slabs in LU become a thing. I would have said also drop my Scaleway C1 dedi, but very suddenly I have found a use for it.

• @tridinebandim said:

@dedicados said:

tridinebandim said: @VirMach i ll be lurking for 8GB KVM for $30/yr

what else was included on that kvm?

Windowzzzzzzz

KVM - Los Angeles, CA

Memory: 8GB

CPU: 2 vCore @ 2GHz

Disk: 70GB SSD (RAID 10)

BW: 1TB @ 1Gbps

Windows Available: Yes

$30/yr

Nice, I want one

• @dedicados said:

@tridinebandim said:

@dedicados said:

tridinebandim said: @VirMach i ll be lurking for 8GB KVM for $30/yr

what else was included on that kvm?

Windowzzzzzzz

KVM - Los Angeles, CA

Memory: 8GB

CPU: 2 vCore @ 2GHz

Disk: 70GB SSD (RAID 10)

BW: 1TB @ 1Gbps

Windows Available: Yes

$30/yr

Nice, I want one

Where can I get one, I also want one of 8GB KVM 30 $ Year. :)

• Does this look like the Black Friday Specials thread, you greedy cunts?

Thanked by 1quick
  • vp easy. they blocked indonesia visitors to their site. i cannot renew my vps.

• @WSS said:

@K4Y5 said:

@WSS said:

You seem to show up every Black Friday.. like a robot, or something.

Hit you via PM.

I lurk around these parts quite often. But, the posts and VPS / Dedi deals usually getting interesting enough to post around the holidays :P

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:
    Does this look like the Black Friday Specials thread, you greedy cunts?

*dumb

• I just received a new invoice from VortexNode, for last year's prduct in Cyber Monday KVM promo.

Memory: 128 MB - 256 MB

Disk Space: 20 GB

Bandwidth: 100 GB

CPU: 1

Extra IP Address: 1

Control Panel: None

But the problem is old invoice had this description "LET Cyber Monday - Screw it, let's do it - KVM VPS Promo - (28/11/2016 - 27/11/2017)", and product specs were larger:

Memory: 512 MB

Disk Space: 25 GB

Bandwidth: 500 GB

CPU: 1

Extra IP Address: 1

Control Panel: None

I feel a bit worried about these modifications, and I can't trust them not to modify my servers after I decide to pay.

• @default said:

why continue with uncertainty... grab something more reliable next BF!

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

@telephone said:
    @Harambe have you gotten your @Veesp renewal invoice yet? Unsure when their custom panel sends invoices.

Their new system is much more DO/Vultr-like, so I don't know if I'll see an invoice immediately. Maybe a low credit warning or something right before? @Veesp can you comment here?

All invoices are generated 7 days prior to a payment date.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2017

@Veesp said:

its comforting you are here. do we except same best offers from Veesp this year?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • ehab said: its comforting you are here. do we except same best offers from Veesp this year?

Yep, I would probably want to upgade/replace my idling 0.5 VM to 1GB one ;)

• Without any intent to derail this topic...

I just had a chat with a customer service staff ("Shane") from Vortexnode, it seems they will cancel all subscriptions with annual payments, and remove all yearly payments from their website. As such, they intend to remove all Cyber Monday offers from last year. More info will be dispatched in 7 hours on an email towards all customers. I am very curious what will happen next.

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

Lol, yeah, I just got the email:

Subject: Changes coming to VortexNode

Vortexnode Brand and Product Changes

Hello [Willie]

Thank you for being a loyal Vortexnode customer. It is customers like you that make us proud of the business we have built together.

Over the past year we have grown our customer base quite a bit adding an average of more than a hundred customers per month! While this is a great achievement, we have seen the pace of this growth exceed our capacity particularly as we have grown our managed services businesses Linovus.hosting and Linovus.ca.

Many of our customers joined us during deep sales periods like Black Friday, End of Year and our January sales pushes. Over 50% of those customers signed up and have received annual services. We find that while the service has been reliable we have not had the level of customer service we would have liked and our customers deserve. This coupled with inflationary pricing changes and other pricing changed with our suppliers have made us have to rethink our strategy for 2018.

We have decided to move out of the budget hosting space and focus on cloud and managed hosting solutions. As a result the following changes are effective immediately.

• We will not be renewing any budget services at the end of term or by the end of November 2017.

• We will no longer be offering annual plans for our services. To keep your business we need to earn it and to have the staff to support it we need to charge more than we do today.

• Deep discounted promos like “Deal of the Century” and “2016 Xmas” will not be honored in our managed offering. In many cases this may mean multiples of your promotional pricing.

• Our commitment to you is to maintain a high level of uptime in accordance with our SLA.

• Our commitment to you is to have better email, chat and ticket coverage 24/7

We understand that this may make you look to other providers that are more suitable for the price point you are looking for and we will do whatever we can to help you make a seamless migration if you do decide to move. We hope that the addition of staff and a focus on quality will be sufficient for you to stay and sign up with Linovus.hosting.

As a result of the items above, all budget pricing will be changed and annual invoice renewals at the existing deep discount will be cancelled.

I wish you all an excellent conclusion to 2017 and the best in 2018.

Andre Allen

President & CEO

Linovus Holdings Inc.