Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email hosting/delivery after moving to VPS from shared host - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email hosting/delivery after moving to VPS from shared host

2»

Comments

• @uhu said:

@WSS said:

@uhu said:
    Fair enough, that's one way of doing things. You might just tempt me with a BF deal.

Look in his sig.

Thanks, I'd seen it, which is what prompted me to consider ditching my current set up, but it wasn't enough to tempt me. I'm not in any rush and won't need 100GB of email space for years, so I'll see what Friday brings.

He's had some awesome deals throughout the years, and MailCheap's 10GB plan is still only $24/yr. I've tried both. I would happily recommend both.

I'm currently with MailCheap because Pavin (and crew) bent over backwards helping me with an integration issue that most providers would rightfully charge for. I don't blame jarland for that, and there's no justification to do so.

• @jarland said:

sureiam said: I feel like though you gotta be a pretty relaxed provider if you end up getting your whole subnet on a blocklist

Or someone at Microsoft just decides they don't like you. I wish I felt like I was exaggerating, as the recipient of this reality at two very separate companies. I think it's part of their plan to drive office365 sales tbh.

sureiam said: Mail channels is pretty impressive. How would you go about setting up DMARC reject checks? Same as gsuite? SPF to a hostname and dkim?

Yeah pretty much same as most else. Add an include for relay.mailchannels.net on the SPF, they'll pass DKIM headers from your host, and then just handle DMARC however you like.

When microsoft starts giving out 5 office licenses for $100 a year you can betcha they are pushing Office 365 very hard ;)...

Great so it sounds like you can still use DMARC with a shared solution reliably. The automated multi IP solution actually sounds like a fantastic work around to wanting a dedicated IP. I know your not trying to sell but you might have just done it! haha.. I'll give you a shout in PM or via your sites contact form if I have any other questions. Thanks for responding so freely here, always refreshing to get the scoop from those that know for sure what their talking about! ;)

Thanked by 1jar