Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Halloween! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy Halloween!

124»

Comments

• @MikePT said:

Cut/reduce carbs in-take, bread, juices. Eat a lot of meat and fish with salads.

I’m vegetarian. Your move, warden.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

Cut/reduce carbs in-take, bread, juices. Eat a lot of meat and fish with salads.

Even easier! Eat more vegetables and less pasta. Stop eating chocolates.

• @MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

I rarely eat chocolate. I love pasta and vegetables.

My downfall is cheese. I fucking love cheese.

• @Nekki said: I fucking love cheese.

Is that you, Wallace?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited November 2017

MikePT said: Cut/reduce carbs in-take, bread, juices. Eat a lot of meat and fish with salads.

I've lost nearly 60 pounds on Keto diet over 5 months, never felt so great. Keto is about killing the carbs but eating fats and lots of greens.

Thanked by 1raindog308

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

I rarely eat chocolate. I love pasta and vegetables.

My downfall is cheese. I fucking love cheese.

Not easy then. But its a matter of determination.

@FredQc said:

MikePT said: Cut/reduce carbs in-take, bread, juices. Eat a lot of meat and fish with salads.

I've lost nearly 60 pounds on Keto diet over 5 months, never felt so great. Keto is about killing the carbs but eating fats and lots of greens.

Yep. Pretty easy actually. Its hard to start but very easy to comitting to the diet as you see good results really fast. I lost over 25kg on a period of 3 months, twice. First time when I was 18 then 26 years old.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:
    I lost over 25kg on a period of 3 months, twice. First time when I was 18 then 26 years old.

So what you are saying is that you lived a fatty lifestyle and then changed by eating less calories and you lost weight?
    Loosing 25kg, of course you will feel better. Who wouldn’t?
    Calculating how to lose weight is simple, If you break it down it is pretty simple, eat less calories than you burn.
    1kg fat is roughly 7000kcal, so by eating 7000kcal less than your body consume you will lose weight.
    Don’t forget that during weight loss, you also lose muscles.

To actually do it is hard work. Don’t go on a diet, you will most likely gain the weight again when you go back to your ”normal” eating routines.
    Change your lifestyle by eating less then before.
    This rant is not ment to bash on any specific choice of life, do whatever suits you and the life you are living.

@MikePT said:

Anyone who may need some advice here in regards to nutrition feel free to pm me.

Are you a certified nutritionist?

• That's kind of a nice Halloween weight loss discussion :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@mikho said: So what you are saying is that you lived a fatty lifestyle and then changed by eating less calories and you lost weight?

They're talking low carb/keto stuff which isn't just caloric restriction, your body actually absorbs and burns calories differently depending on the food. 2000 calories a day of mostly carbs vs 2000 calories a day of protein/fat will have vastly different weight loss results.

Thanked by 2FredQc MikePT
  • Happy Halloween, everyone! :)

• @davidgestiondbi said:

layfon said:

davidgestiondbi said:

layfon said:
    davidgestiondbi
    Any promotion like last year's Halloween's? Been interested in KVM VPS in LA for a while.

What was the promo last year? ;)

http://gdbi.pw/halloween16

Can throw a 30% off recurring until Friday on all Dedicated IP VPS. Would this be okay with you? :)

Any updates? Friday is near /﹏\

• This thread reminds me of an old simpsons episode

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited November 2017

FredQc said: I've lost nearly 60 pounds on Keto diet over 5 months, never felt so great. Keto is about killing the carbs but eating fats and lots of greens.

I need to do something similar - what did you read to design your diet?

• @raindog308 said:

FredQc said: I've lost nearly 60 pounds on Keto diet over 5 months, never felt so great. Keto is about killing the carbs but eating fats and lots of greens.

Doesn't have to be that complicated: Stop eating so many carbs. Don't be afraid to have more fat, so you feel satiated. Carbs, bad. Protein, good. Fat, OK in moderation.

You might find this podcast interesting, though: http://2ketodudes.com/

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

Start by writing down everything you eat and count the calories.
    Do that for a week. Use the link to calculate your goals.

See what you have ta eat less to reach the goal.
    Change high-calorie food to something with a lower amount of calories.

If possible, Increase activity. Set a goal to take 10 000 steps a day. If you already do that, set the goal to 20k.

Find the small things to change, you will have a greater chance of maintaining your weight after you reached your goal then if you went it to hardcore mode without reflecting on what you eat today and what you will go back to eating after your diet.

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/research-funding/at-niddk/labs-branches/LBM/integrative-physiology-section/research-behind-body-weight-planner/Pages/default.aspx

• HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :D

edited November 2017

@raindog308 said:

4 Hour Body is a good book, outlines the Slow Carb Diet. There's also tons of sites on Keto, Paleo, etc recipes and tips. They're all fairly similar with some minor variations.

Planning is basically finding high protein meals you enjoy and cutting out sugar, starches, every kind of carb wherever you can - along with dairy. Artificial sweeteners also fuck with your body a bit, so try to limit those and only have them when you eat - or eliminate completely.

For breakfast I like bacon, spinach omelette and half an avocado. Lunch is chicken usually with broccoli or cauliflower, sometimes sashimi with a salad or chicken/tuna on a salad, or some sort of stir fry (pork/beef). Dinner is steak/chicken and vegetables or something from lunch.

Eat way more vegetables than you normally would and drink way more water than usual. Electrolyte supplements are recommended (I drink a low carb one with lunch every once in awhile - has artificial sweetener but it's better than leg cramps). If you're starving, just eat another meal - another piece of meat and vegetables won't ruin the diet.

Pick a cheat day once a week, try to eat a high protein breakfast and then have whatever you want for lunch/dinner. You'll put some weight back on (mostly water) and it'll drop within 2-3 days.

First week eating like this and you'll drop 10-15lbs easy (mostly water), but it's pretty motivating. I dropped 70lbs over 5-6 months.

Edit: Should start a low carb diet thread on LET for all the fellow fatties here who want to make a change. Helps to know folks who are doing the same thing and share recipes and/or ridiculous cheat day meals.

• Marine Corps. Boot Camp that is all.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited November 2017

raindog308 said: what did you read to design your diet?

My journey started here: https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

I landed to this subreddit by pure hasard when scrolling imgur.com. I was not intended to do this but find it to be an interesting way to lose weight and still be able to eat fat. So I gave it a try. The results where amazing. 234 pounds > 175 since May 31. My goal weight is 170. I am 6'2".

In short, I have eliminated these foods:

• Pastas
    • Breads
    • Cereals
    • Juices
    • Fruits
    • Potatoes
    • Rice
    • Quinoa
    • Peanuts
    • Alcohol
    • Most transformed food products are a no no

What do I eat:

• Aged cheddar cheese, real mozzarella
    • Steak, ground beef
    • Sausages, with moderation
    • Bacon, a lot of it
    • Eggs
    • Butter
    • Sour cream
    • Olive oil
    • Coffee, tea
    • Heavy cream
    • Some delicatessens
    • Poultry
    • Most nuts
    • Homemade soups
    • Homemade pizzas with reduced carbs flatbread
    • Most of the vegetables
    • Tomatoes with moderation

I also drink at least 4 litters of tap water a day

I never counted my calories intake or checked my macros but weighed myself every day as a motivation.

Hopes this helps!

Thanked by 2Harambe bersy

@FredQc said:

>

• Most of the vegetables
    • Tomatoes with moderation

I haven't looked into keto in too much detail, but I assume the higher-carb vegetables like bell peppers, onions and carrots are more of an "in moderation" thing?

The homemade soups & stews are a good mention, crockpot game on point. Really easy to make a big batch of chicken soup or chili and pack it up to get a week or two of lunches/dinners.

edited November 2017

@mikho said:

@MikePT said:
    I lost over 25kg on a period of 3 months, twice. First time when I was 18 then 26 years old.

So what you are saying is that you lived a fatty lifestyle and then changed by eating less calories and you lost weight?
    Loosing 25kg, of course you will feel better. Who wouldn’t?
    Calculating how to lose weight is simple, If you break it down it is pretty simple, eat less calories than you burn.
    1kg fat is roughly 7000kcal, so by eating 7000kcal less than your body consume you will lose weight.
    Don’t forget that during weight loss, you also lose muscles.

To actually do it is hard work. Don’t go on a diet, you will most likely gain the weight again when you go back to your ”normal” eating routines.
    Change your lifestyle by eating less then before.
    This rant is not ment to bash on any specific choice of life, do whatever suits you and the life you are living.

@MikePT said:

Anyone who may need some advice here in regards to nutrition feel free to pm me.

Are you a certified nutritionist?

Did train on a gym for over 5 years. Done a lot of research about nutrition. I am not certified though.

Done macros for years as well.

@Harambe said:

@mikho said: So what you are saying is that you lived a fatty lifestyle and then changed by eating less calories and you lost weight?

They're talking low carb/keto stuff which isn't just caloric restriction, your body actually absorbs and burns calories differently depending on the food. 2000 calories a day of mostly carbs vs 2000 calories a day of protein/fat will have vastly different weight loss results.

Exactly. Low carbs, no fiber and such. That makes you lose weight really fast. Granted that even a day off per week is required or else your body adapts and you stop losing weight that fast. But definitely a low carbs diet fan.

Btw @mikho, if you eat 2 grams per kg of protein you wont actually lose that much muscle. Plus if you go back to the gym youll recover all the muscle back really fast because you already have the disperse and vast vein structure along with a faster and more efficient vasolidation.

• @MikePT said:

I've been doing macros since DesqView, but I'm still a fatass.

Thanked by 1mikho

@WSS said:

@MikePT said:

I've been doing macros since DesqView, but I'm still a fatass.

Because you dont follow the plans properly :p, isnt it?

• queensquinoaqueensquinoa Member
    edited March 2021

Quinoa alone will not make you gain weight. In fact, it offers several qualities that make it a good choice for a weight-loss diet. A serving of quinoa provides at least 10 percent of your daily value of nine vitamins and minerals. One cup has about the same calories as a bowl of breakfast cereal served with fat-free milk. Queen's Quinoa products are low in fat and a good source of protein and fiber, which both have weight-loss benefits.

Thanked by 2SCAM_DONT_BUY Levi
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@queensquinoa said: Quinoa alone will not make you gain weight.

Happy Halloween!

• I got baited, I thought it was halloween already.

• @queensquinoa said:
    One cup has about the same calories as a bowl of breakfast cereal served with fat-free milk.

aka. I will starve to death

• Have the holidays arrived already ;)

This discussion has been closed.