Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Halloween! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

• @szarka said:
    Trick or treating in this neighborhood was weak tonight! What am I going to do with all this leftover candy?

Do you have a van?...

Thanked by 1szarka
  • Just handed the rest of the bag worth to the neighbor with 3 kids. They can get sugared up and let loose at school tomorrow.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Are you feeling alright?

Not really, my hip hurts.

Good Morning.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Are you feeling alright?

Good Morning.

Morning !

Clouvider said: Morning !

Morning.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Are you feeling alright?

Good Morning.

Welcome to mid-life. Everything’s downhill from 35, in my experience.

Nekki said: Welcome to mid-life. Everything’s downhill from 35, in my experience.

Yeah, honestly I started feeling it at 31, I suspect I am physically about 42 now.

You slow down, falling over hurts, waking up in the middle of the night to piss, get me a zimmer frame, please.

• @AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: Give us a NL KVM NAT special!

Its late, i will do one tomorrow :)

Is the deal aborted ?

• @ben47955 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Its late, i will do one tomorrow :)

Is the deal aborted ?

Calm down, don't hurry Ant.. He...needs...his...time like he mentioned.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Happy Halloween!

• @AnthonySmith said:

Nekki said: Welcome to mid-life. Everything’s downhill from 35, in my experience.

Yeah, honestly I started feeling it at 31, I suspect I am physically about 42 now.

Sure you're not mid-50s?

You slow down, falling over hurts, waking up in the middle of the night to piss, get me a zimmer frame, please.

Make that mid-60s.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said: Make that mid-60s.

Shall we set up a gofundme to sign @AnthonySmith up for Life Alert?

• @MasonR I thought it'd be easier to start him with a Jitterbug cell phone, being that he was a techie back when you had to flip DIP switches to load stuff.

Thanked by 1MasonR

MasonR said: Shall we set up a gofundme to sign @AnthonySmith up for Life Alert?

Do a go fund me for me feeling the effects of aging and not being happy about it, if I get £5000 I will sell 1GB KVM NL servers for €12 p/year for the rest of 2017 :)

Thanked by 1buthead
  • @AnthonySmith said:

I’m not quite at the ‘waking up to piss’ stage but my knees are utterly ruined and over the course of the last 6 months I’ve gone from not being able to sleep until 1 to being in bed by 10 without fail.

Also my run of not needing glasses looks to be over, my left is an absolute disaster now.

edited November 2017

Nekki said: I’m not quite at the ‘waking up to piss’ stage but my knees are utterly ruined and over the course of the last 6 months I’ve gone from not being able to sleep until 1 to being in bed by 10 without fail.

Also my run of not needing glasses looks to be over, my left is an absolute disaster now.

haha, the struggle is real.

I used to struggle to get to work by 11am, like really struggle, now I struggle to stay in bed later than 7am, I am often up at 5am.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I feel the same as I did when I was 20. I'm sure if I was an athlete I wouldn't but other than normal progressions I don't care about (hair, etc.) I really don't feel all that different.

I'm a little less capable of enduring sleep deprivation...and I don't have fifty hardons a day like I did when I was 16 but...I can't think of any other serious effects of aging that have hit me yet (late 40s).

The most significant change is that I get up now (5am) at the time I used to go to sleep in college. Which is actually more convenient.

Nekki said: Also my run of not needing glasses looks to be over, my left is an absolute disaster now.

Ask your doctor about the monovision approach. I'm near-sighted and wear contacts, so instead of correcting normal and giving me reading glasses, my doc corrected one of my eyes for reading and one for distance. Took a couple weeks for my brain to get used to it, but now I don't have any problems reading, driving, watching things afar, etc. It's let me dodge reading glasses for five years so far.

Once you go to reading glasses, you need them forever. That's what my doc said and what I've seen in other people.

Thanked by 1bersy
    edited November 2017

OK the next 30 NL KVM gets an external IP or until midnight tomorrow (whichever comes first) at no extra cost, automatically, you don't need to ask or open tickets.

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=19

Thanked by 3WSS bersy buthead

raindog308 said: I feel the same as I did when I was 20. I'm sure if I was an athlete I wouldn't but other than normal progressions I don't care about (hair, etc.) I really don't feel all that different.

I really did not look after myself when I was 13-25ish, I am paying for it now.

• @AnthonySmith said:

raindog308 said: I feel the same as I did when I was 20. I'm sure if I was an athlete I wouldn't but other than normal progressions I don't care about (hair, etc.) I really don't feel all that different.

I really did not look after myself when I was 13-25ish, I am paying for it now.

..and now you're 13-25ish (stone)?

WSS said: ..and now you're 13-25ish (stone)?

haha I don't mean diet wise :) although I am sure that did not help.

I am 18 stone.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    I am 18 stone.

Still not very tiny. If you're over 6', well, that's kind of normal for the tech sector. I put on 20lbs when I went to Sweden. Impressive, being that it was nearly 1lb/day. All those damn starches.

WSS said: Still not very tiny. If you're over 6', well, that's kind of normal for the tech sector. I put on 20lbs when I went to Sweden. Impressive, being that it was nearly 1lb/day. All those damn starches.

Yes, im over 6' :) I have always been heavy, even when I was 15 and skin and bones I was 15 stone, probably swallowed too much lego.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Yes, im over 6' :) I have always been heavy, even when I was 15 and skin and bones I was 15 stone, probably swallowed too much lego.

I would have figured meccano. Watch out because Lego protect their own, and aren't afraid to die. You'll be stomping on them forevermore!

• raindog308 said: The most significant change is that I get up now (5am) at the time I used to go to sleep in college. Which is actually more convenient.

I'm up a 5:30 in the week, but that's because I want to get into work for 7 to give me 2 quiet hours before it all kicks off. If left alone at the weekends, I'll sleep in till 9-10. I never used to sleep later than 7.

raindog308 said: Ask your doctor about the monovision approach. I'm near-sighted and wear contacts, so instead of correcting normal and giving me reading glasses, my doc corrected one of my eyes for reading and one for distance. Took a couple weeks for my brain to get used to it, but now I don't have any problems reading, driving, watching things afar, etc. It's let me dodge reading glasses for five years so far.

Once you go to reading glasses, you need them forever. That's what my doc said and what I've seen in other people.

I'm not sure what I need tbh. My right eye is currently pretty decent, but in my left I can't see much of anything either close up or at a distance anymore. Maybe I'll just go for a monocle?

AnthonySmith said: I really did not look after myself when I was 13-25ish, I am paying for it now.

Pretty much the same, I was a disaster from 21-29, sorted myself out for my wedding at 30, but been gradually getting worse since. Weight doesn't shift as quick as it did back then.

• @Nekki said:
    Pretty much the same, I was a disaster from 21-29, sorted myself out for my wedding at 30, but been gradually getting worse since. Weight doesn't shift as quick as it did back then.

I blame gravity; it goes from your head to your ass.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Maybe I'll just go for a monocle?

Hell yeah! Go all-out chaphop.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

raindog308 said: The most significant change is that I get up now (5am) at the time I used to go to sleep in college. Which is actually more convenient.

I'm up a 5:30 in the week, but that's because I want to get into work for 7 to give me 2 quiet hours before it all kicks off. If left alone at the weekends, I'll sleep in till 9-10. I never used to sleep later than 7.

raindog308 said: Ask your doctor about the monovision approach. I'm near-sighted and wear contacts, so instead of correcting normal and giving me reading glasses, my doc corrected one of my eyes for reading and one for distance. Took a couple weeks for my brain to get used to it, but now I don't have any problems reading, driving, watching things afar, etc. It's let me dodge reading glasses for five years so far.

I'm not sure what I need tbh. My right eye is currently pretty decent, but in my left I can't see much of anything either close up or at a distance anymore. Maybe I'll just go for a monocle?

AnthonySmith said: I really did not look after myself when I was 13-25ish, I am paying for it now.

Cut/reduce carbs in-take, bread, juices. Eat a lot of meat and fish with salads. You will be able to lose some weight really fast. We call it dieta cetogenica in Portugal. Works like a charm. Faster than buying expensive supplements such as Herbalife etc. Don't forget to drink a lot of water.

Anyone who may need some advice here in regards to nutrition feel free to pm me.

This discussion has been closed.