Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SyS (OVH) will charge for Anti-DDoS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SyS (OVH) will charge for Anti-DDoS

2»

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    Imagine the scenes if all our Kimsufi specials went back to full price as a result of this.

SCENES

OBSCENES

• MikeA said: I'm /still/ waiting for the SLA e-mail they said they would send a week and a half ago, regarding the BHS4-5 power outage.

Me too...

Service is getting worse and the prices are getting higher. Yeah, I'm definitely in the market to switch. Any recommendations for other North American DCs?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@NodePing said:

MikeA said: I'm /still/ waiting for the SLA e-mail they said they would send a week and a half ago, regarding the BHS4-5 power outage.

Me too...

Service is getting worse and the prices are getting higher. Yeah, I'm definitely in the market to switch. Any recommendations for other North American DCs?

I've only used OVH and Psychz in the past year or two, I tend not to do anything without DDoS mitigation.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Their prices still will be cheap.

• GTHost said: Their prices still will be cheap.

Could you please stop making non-relevant comments just to spam your 3-lines shitty signature? This is getting fucking annoying.

• vovlervovler Member
    edited November 2017

@FredQc said:

GTHost said: Their prices still will be cheap.

Could you please stop making non-relevant comments just to spam your 3-lines shitty signature? This is getting fucking annoying.

Exactly. Same on webhostingtalk. Same comment, same 3 line signature
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1680149&p=9964147#post9964147

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

What is the sence of duplicating tariffs?

Do not employees see that they are the same configuration?

• Vova1234 said: Do not employees see that they are the same configuration?

You can't ask too much of OVH employees, be reasonable!

• The $1 bump on a $3.50 VPS changes its value proposition noticeably. For the other stuff it's just an annoyance. I have two kimsufis and a vps and was planning to let the vps expire anyway, but the kimsufis are both near the outer edge of what I'm willing to pay, so I'll have to decide. But that's mostly because I'm getting fairly marginal use from them.

• @willie said:
    The $1 bump on a $3.50 VPS changes its value proposition noticeably. For the other stuff it's just an annoyance. I have two kimsufis and a vps and was planning to let the vps expire anyway, but the kimsufis are both near the outer edge of what I'm willing to pay, so I'll have to decide. But that's mostly because I'm getting fairly marginal use from them.

If you are looking to pay as yearly you will save $1 (anti ddos) . check the offer now.

• FredQc said: Could you please stop making non-relevant comments just to spam your 3-lines shitty signature? This is getting fucking annoying.

He has a new one. ;-)

Thanked by 3Falzo vovler FredQc
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Our protection is free! In-house and industry-leading Corero based filtering. We will never charge for it. We are in full control of filtering rules unlike many other hosts that utilise third-party protection.

Really doesn't surprise me that OVH has started charging however, seeing as though most of their expansions have been funded through debt and investors. They want their sweet returns!

edited November 2017

Our protection is free! In-house and industry-leading Corero based filtering. We will never charge for it. We are in full control of filtering rules unlike many other hosts that utilise third-party protection.

Why did the torrent distribution of your anti-ddos take for an attack on the server?

I just tested seeding few days ago.

• @Zare said:

Really doesn't surprise me that OVH has started charging however, seeing as though most of their expansions have been funded through debt and investors. They want their sweet returns!

... but I’ll miss the discount prices that OVH had

• @Amitz said:

FredQc said: Could you please stop making non-relevant comments just to spam your 3-lines shitty signature? This is getting fucking annoying.

He has a new one. ;-)

inb4banhammer

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Vova1234 said:

Why did the torrent distribution of your anti-ddos take for an attack on the server?

Did you just admit to breaking Zares terms of service..?

Thanked by 1Zare
  • doghouch said: inb4banhammer

There are procedures to follow. One step after the other.

edited November 2017

I just started to look. There you will not distribute anything. They have a system built that automatically when distributing abuses come.

We sell different servers from different data centers. We create VPS nodes on the servers. We create other services too. That's why I'm checking everything I sell. And you need to know what you are selling, what problems will be what and how it works. And do not sell and do not know what to sell.

I do not paint anything and write everything as it is. This is called the principle.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

@Vova1234 said:

Well as mentioned by Rhys you shouldn't be seeding at all :) However we have DDoS preferences which allow you to set PPS thresholds if its being too sensitive. Equally you can contact us to clarify why some rules are triggered.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

@Vova1234 said:

I just started to look. There you will not distribute anything. They have a system built that automatically when distributing abuses come.

We sell different servers from different data centers. We create VPS nodes on the servers. We create other services too. That's why I'm checking everything I sell. And you need to know what you are selling, what problems will be what and how it works. And do not sell and do not know what to sell.

I do not paint anything and write everything as it is. This is called the principle.

We’re always here if you look for a solid change for you and your Customers ;-).

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@Clouvider said:

@Vova1234 said:

We’re always here if you look for a solid change for you and your Customers ;-).

I appreciate you being competitive, however that goes a bit too far.