Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS 8GB RAM, Good CPU, Cheap - Shoot Me Your Best Offers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS 8GB RAM, Good CPU, Cheap - Shoot Me Your Best Offers!

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap 8 GB RAM Vps, good cpu (not 2ghz capped).

Will go for the absolute best priced offers, so price is very important. I have a couple of offers at under $10/mo. If you have better offers/promos let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

OpenVZ I take it?

Closest I have is:

2 vCPU Cores (E5v4 or E3v5)
    6 GB Ram - DDR4
    1 GB vSWAP
    100 GB Disk - SSD Cached Raid 10
    2000 GB Bandwidth1 x IPv4 - DDOS Protected.
    1 x /64 IPv6 Subnet

€9.00 p/month.

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=172

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

Netcup:

2 Cores @ Intel® Xeon® E5-2680V4
    (dedicated cpu cores! 24/7 100% )

6 GB DDR4 ECC RAM

40 GB SSD / 320 GB SAS (also very fast!)

KVM

1 Gbit/s shared

From 7,99€/mo

or

Intel® CPU

8 GB DDR3 RAM (ECC)

6 vCores (no dedicated cpu)

160 GB SAS

100 Mbit/s

From 8,99€/mo

Thanked by 2bersy uptime
  • It's going to be hard to beat netcup on this field.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Thank you. I would need to use a code I assume? As the prices on the website are 2E more expensive. Thanks

@Ympker said:
    Netcup:

6 GB DDR4 ECC RAM

KVM

1 Gbit/s shared

From 7,99€/mo

or

Intel® CPU

8 GB DDR3 RAM (ECC)

160 GB SAS

100 Mbit/s

From 8,99€/mo

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Take a look at KVM HDD Plus II package - wishosting.com

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @exception0x876 said:
    Take a look at KVM HDD Plus II package - wishosting.com

I have ordered your KAT HDD Plus II VPS (France located) last night and today I wasn't able to log into my account. Your reset password feature hasn't worked, I haven't received any emails. Hence looking for a new reliable provider now.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@peachcakey said:
    Thank you. I would need to use a code I assume? As the prices on the website are 2E more expensive. Thanks

@Ympker said:
    Netcup:

6 GB DDR4 ECC RAM

KVM

1 Gbit/s shared

From 7,99€/mo

or

Intel® CPU

8 GB DDR3 RAM (ECC)

160 GB SAS

100 Mbit/s

From 8,99€/mo

No just choose annual billing.
    @Falzo may have a one time 5€ off code though.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • use this: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1720 or this https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1554 to be another Euro cheaper. Choose contract term length to your liking.

Prices include german VAT so you might be able to get rid of that...

Also grab a 5€ off for new customers from my signature.

• Hetzner cloud, free* :D

• Falzo said: use this: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1720 or this https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1554 to be another Euro cheaper. Choose contract term length to your liking.

Prices include german VAT so you might be able to get rid of that...

Also grab a 5€ off for new customers from my signature.

Thank you. How do I get rid of the german VAT?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

peachcakey said: Thank you. How do I get rid of the german VAT?

Be outside of Europe.

Thanked by 2mikho raindog308
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

...or have a non-German VAT number.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2017

We might have something you like:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsslim-vpsdedicated-server-offers/

VPS OFFER:

– 4096MB RAM
    – 4096MB Swap
    – 2x vCPU
    – 200GB HDD space
    – 5TB transfer
    – 1Gbps uplink
    – 1x IPv4
    – /64 IPv6
    – OpenVZ/SolusVM
    – Coupon: LEBEXCLUSIVE
    – $5/month
    – $40/year

[ORDER NOW YEARLY]

[ORDER NOW MONTHLY]

We can double the ram for 2 EUR/m

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2017

@VPSSLIM said:

Aren’t you guys utter garbage? I seem to remember VPSSlim providing one of the worst services in recent memory.

Ralph used to work there, right?

• @Nekki said:

@VPSSLIM said:

Aren’t you guys utter garbage? I seem to remember VPSSlim providing one of the worst services in recent memory.

Ralph used to work there, right?

You’ll have other things to worry about with VPSSLIM.

• Try Virmach's old Black Friday special. 8GB KVM, 4 vcores, 100GB RAID 10 SSD Space, 4TB @ 1gbps shared port for only $10/mo. Use coupon code LEB2016G8 to bring the pricing down from $40/mo.

(aff link)

• WSSWSS Member

@Edmond said:
    Try Virmach's old Black Friday special. 8GB KVM, 4 vcores, 100GB RAID 10 SSD Space, 4TB @ 1gbps shared port for only $10/mo. Use coupon code LEB2016G8 to bring the pricing down from $40/mo.

>

(aff link)

Have you ever posted something without an affiliate link? Ever?

Virmach is good, but if you want IPv6, you should keep looking- they're not offering it to new clients at this time.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @WSS said:

@Edmond said:
    Try Virmach's old Black Friday special. 8GB KVM, 4 vcores, 100GB RAID 10 SSD Space, 4TB @ 1gbps shared port for only $10/mo. Use coupon code LEB2016G8 to bring the pricing down from $40/mo.

>

(aff link)

Have you ever posted something without an affiliate link? Ever?

Virmach is good, but if you want IPv6, you should keep looking- they're not offering it to new clients at this time.

Yes.... just not for Virmach that is.

• @Edmond said:

(aff link)

Not only is that out of his budget, he’s already found a host.

• @Falzo I have signed up with Netcup but they don't want to remove VAT? Is this something new?

This was my email request:

"I see that you are charging me VAT while I'm not in EU. Can you correct this,
    please?"

That`s right. You are not in the EU. Therefore we have to charge 19% VAT.

Fist time seeing this...

• WSSWSS Member

@FredQc said:

"Eat my ass and give me my 20% back."

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @WSS said:

@FredQc said:

"Eat my ass and give me my 20% back."

Pretty sure that by german law they are obliged to charge the VAT. It is on you to then contact the respective authorities in your country (I assume) to get that money back. Anyway it's sorta some law in Germany where companies ARE required to charge VAT. This was similar when I wanted to buy hardware for business in an electronic store and usually I could get it without tax added but they would only sell it with tax to me as well. One has then to contact the respective authorities or take the necessary steps to get that tax back. Consider it smth you have to pay but you are entitled to get back.

• WSS said: "Eat my ass and give me my 20% back."

They will not get my money for sure if they are enforcing VAT like this.

• @FredQc said:

WSS said: "Eat my ass and give me my 20% back."

As I said they are obliged to.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    This was similar when I wanted to buy hardware for business in an electronic store and usually I could get it without tax added but they would only sell it with tax to me as well. One has then to contact the respective authorities or take the necessary steps to get that tax back. Consider it smth you have to pay but you are entitled to get back.

All I've had to do in the past was prove that I was a US citizen to get them to drop VAT.

@FredQc said:

Word.

• @WSS said:

@Ympker said:
    This was similar when I wanted to buy hardware for business in an electronic store and usually I could get it without tax added but they would only sell it with tax to me as well. One has then to contact the respective authorities or take the necessary steps to get that tax back. Consider it smth you have to pay but you are entitled to get back.

All I've had to do in the past was prove that I was a US citizen to get them to drop VAT.

@FredQc said:

Word.

I'm not quite sure how they have to handle it as I dropped all sales to ppl outside of Germany but even on phone they told me back then they are always required to charge VAT even if you can write it off / get it back later. I DO KNOW about the practice of dropping vat if a vat nr is provided. Acctually it's so with most whmcs hosts. Whmcs was probably made with US (non EU) in mind primarly (though this is a guess). So it might be what seems a given for every non EU consumer is not necessarily applicable with country (in this case german) law. Being a student at Uni dont take my word for it. The rules are constantly changing here and as I cba to deal with this alongside my studies I cater to german customers only now anyway. Just trying to make you understand what's going on to an extent where you can try to research further :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    Whmcs was probably made with US (non EU) in mind primarly (though this is a guess).

Aren’t they a UK company?

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    I'm not quite sure how they have to handle it as I dropped all sales to ppl outside of Germany

You keep mentioning this, but I'm not sure if it's going to make your product any more, or less inclined to automatically download sheisse videos.

OVH and others now say "This is price with, and without VAT" for new customers, so they've got less to deal with. If you yell- or remind them that you are already non-VAT, they'll begrudgingly take care of it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WSS said:

@Ympker said:
    I'm not quite sure how they have to handle it as I dropped all sales to ppl outside of Germany

You keep mentioning this, but I'm not sure if it's going to make your product any more, or less inclined to automatically download sheisse videos.

OVH and others now say "This is price with, and without VAT" for new customers, so they've got less to deal with. If you yell- or remind them that you are already non-VAT, they'll begrudgingly take care of it.

True that. Anyway I'm quite happy as things are right now. Due to my "Kleinunternehmer" status I charge all my prices without any tax at all now (but that's only valid within Germany) so this saves me quite the hassle. If I were to cater to the international crowd Id have to either register a tax file number in every country I sell to and do a seperate income report or register with MOSS (Mini-One-Stop-Shop) to register at a central management institution for all sales within EU (instead of registering in each EU country). Selling to customers outside EU usually does not require me to charge tax BUT I'm sure netcup would have more law consulting than I ever had so they probably have their reasons there.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2017

@FredQc said:
    @Falzo I have signed up with Netcup but they don't want to remove VAT? Is this something new?

This was my email request:

"I see that you are charging me VAT while I'm not in EU. Can you correct this,
    please?"

Fist time seeing this...

hmm that's sad to hear. haven't heard anyone come across that problem with netcup before.

we had that whole VAT-or-not discussion here around multiple times and opinions seem to ... differ. that's the reason I always intentionally write 'you might get VAT deducted' when recommending German businesses, as I never know how they are going to handle this :(

as far as I understand the German law - whether or not to charge VAT is based on the place of fulfillment and if the customer itself is a business or not. then there are the more specific MOSS regulations which most likely apply here because it's all electronic services.

at least after MOSS regulations, they should not charge you with VAT for any electronically delivered service if you are outside of the EU.

I'd probably go ahead and give it a last try to point them at the MOSS regulations or ask for whatever they based that decision on, maybe you're just unlucky and came across a unexperienced support member?
    rest assured they won't get anything out of it anyway because every cent they charge in VAT goes to the authorities, so they're simply not doing it for the money...

if it doesn't work out, you should just use their 30-day satisfaction guarantee under which they'll refund your money (if already paid).

PS: totally forgot to mention, tuesday&wednesday are holidays around here, so can't tell how fast you might get an answer from billing/sales ...

Thanked by 2bersy FredQc