Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short Domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Short Domains

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Found some nice and short domains available for registration. Only 4 charachters total.

This kind of format: xx.xx

Since I'm still considering buying it, I'm not mentioning what domain or extension (I will reveal later).

It's not one of your more common domains and has a relatively high annual renewal fee. Still, what do you all think a 2 letter domain (4 chars total) is worth?

Comments

• jk.gg was sold for a few grand not too long ago IIRC

• What?

I can tell you but I won't because I'm thinking about telling you and don't want to reveal..

Wtf

Thanked by 2Lee maverickp
  • So a common cctld with 2 character domain available. High renewal fee. I am quite curious what that could be. To be honest i am expecting something more on the exotic side of things since i can't think of a single non repurposed cctld thats actually expensive to renew but i am no expert either. Hard to guess what they could be worth in resale without having more information. Is the extension actually used by the country it was issued to? Does said country have a sizeable population? Does the domain make some kind of sense or is it just random character soup? I don't think to many people will want to brand as random-letter-random-letter.random-country. A couple years back i could have gotten c0.re and even if it's not exactly golden its quite nice (imo) and cheap on top of that. I kinda regret letting it pass but i sure won't do that for something like r7.tf.

• WHTWHT Member

Com, net or org are worth but not other extensions.

• @randvegeta said:

It might be worth something if someone decides to use xxxx as a brand name for their multimillion dollar starup. Might.

• It's worthless. xx.xx is not uncommon. You can still hand-reg a lot of them. It has to be really cool like fu.ck or pronounceable for a xx.xx to be worth anything.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

need to know the domain and after decide

• I've got more than ten domains like this, but haven't find a use yet.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I have a lot of domain (thanks to promotions) and ended up letting them rot and expire. Because I use none of them -_-
    I would not buy any domain that I don't know what I'm gonna do anymore lol. Such a waste of money. I could donate that money to starving countries, but I instead paying for renewal for those domains lol.

• If the domain was banter, a high fee wouldn’t put me off (I’d be up paying a few quid extra a year for Nek.ki for example).

• @Nekki said:
    If the domain was banter, a high fee wouldn’t put me off (I’d be up paying a few quid extra a year for Nek.ki for example).

Too bad those .ki domains cost like 1000USD/y as far as I've seen otherwise I might have one or two.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

dedicados said: I can tell you but I won't because I'm thinking about telling you and don't want to reveal..

Fair enough. I just ordered it but it's still pending. I will reveal to all what the domain is once I have confirmed it is under my ownership.

Setsura said: Too bad those .ki domains cost like 1000USD/y as far as I've seen otherwise I might have one or two.

Not that high a price. It's about $100 /yr. Nothing crazy.

edited October 2017

Domain has been registered. And that domain is:

HK.PN

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Setsura said:

@Nekki said:
    If the domain was banter, a high fee wouldn’t put me off (I’d be up paying a few quid extra a year for Nek.ki for example).

Too bad those .ki domains cost like 1000USD/y as far as I've seen otherwise I might have one or two.

Didn’t even know it was an available extension.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2017

then perhaps a nekki could stand before the .pn

I think that's a great short domain @randvegeta - congratulations!

• Well...a bunch of 2-letter .ci and .mk can still be registered, at a price around $15..... .vu is another, pricing a little higher at around $55.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You can find more here: https://catechgory.com , and .is and .fi has a lot of two letter domains aswell..

• @Nekki said:

I think daw.gy is $50/yr or something. Bummer :(

• WSSWSS Member

@doghouch said:

What the fuck is up with your image script, anyhow. I tried using it twice and it stores the file but then gives me an icon and no URL. Is it just to hold things and not serve them?

There's never a hope for w.ss- since as recent as 2011 they were afraid of neonazis. Yep. Nazis are going to take over the internet. That's it.

• RayhanRayhan Member
    edited October 2017

Have some aged 3 character .NET domains for sale privately at low cost. Let me know, if you are interested.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said: There's never a hope for w.ss- since as recent as 2011 they were afraid of neonazis. Yep. Nazis are going to take over the internet. That's it.

TIL that WSS stands for Waffen-SS. SJWs, sick 'em!

• WSSWSS Member

Oh shit my cover is blown!

Thanked by 2MasonR Janevski
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I would probably some dollars for ”fuck.it”

• WSSWSS Member

BobCares already existed though.

• qbeststarqbeststar Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:
    Found some nice and short domains available for registration. Only 4 charachters total.

Since I'm still considering buying it, I'm not mentioning what domain or extension (I will reveal later).

It's not one of your more common domains and has a relatively high annual renewal fee. Still, what do you all think a 2 letter domain (4 chars total) is worth?

You must know for what you need that domain ? For sell them after 1-2 year or for personal using ?

• @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

What the fuck is up with your image script, anyhow. I tried using it twice and it stores the file but then gives me an icon and no URL. Is it just to hold things and not serve them?

There's never a hope for w.ss- since as recent as 2011 they were afraid of neonazis. Yep. Nazis are going to take over the internet. That's it.

Umm, can you send me a PM about the image script?

Thanks!

• @noen said:
    You can find more here: https://catechgory.com , and .is and .fi has a lot of two letter domains aswell..

I've never found catechgory to be accurate. It seems to commonly list domains that have already been registered as available...

qbeststar said: You must know for what you need that domain ? For sell them after 1-2 year or for personal using ?

The domain is fairly generic so I don't have any specific use for it. But my company is Hong Kong based, and having the domain HK.pn is kind of cool.

I can make it look like Hong Kong Private Network or some other 'backronym'.

• WSSWSS Member

hooked penis

Thanked by 1Aidan