Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 to 10 VPS required - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5 to 10 VPS required

2»

Comments

• @doghouch said:
    @FlamesRunner He said that he preferred having IPs. Anyway, I’d like to the name of the company that you believe can give one gigabyte of RAM for $1/yr and two cores. After PayPal fees, the host will get around $0.68.

(5 whole cents per month for those specifications.)
    @doghouch said:
    @FlamesRunner He said that he preferred having IPs. Anyway, I’d like to the name of the company that you believe can give one gigabyte of RAM for $1/yr and two cores. After PayPal fees, the host will get around $0.68.

(5 whole cents per month for those specifications.)

@doghouch you mentioned $1 but we have mentioned $1 to$2 and if you think increasing budget can give options than we can increase budget to $5 per year, what will be monthly cost initially for 10 VPS.

• @doghouch

He accepted NAT IPs, yet you make a snarky comment about IPv4s:

Worst of all, you haven’t told anyone why the > hell you need 500 IPs. Oh — and by the way, > that’s a /23 block, which costs WAY more
    than 10c a month, let alone the hardware.

That was my problem. My fault on the 1GB RAM part though.

• I'm pretty sure this is a troll post guys. No need to feed it. On the off chance it's not you'll need a budget of $15-25 a year for 1gb and 1vcore.

The reality is there is mark up. Perhaps in your country $1-2 a year seems like $15-25 a year (rock bottom pricing by the way) but that's nothing in Europe or US.

If you want the cheapest price you'll need to do it yourself. You talk about adding 500 hosts so go to eBay and build a beefy dual processor 1u 1amp server using L based processor. Get 64gb of cheap ram and find a colocator for $35-59 a month. Then build or the vps and IPs...
    Can't get it within your price point? Now you understand why people here think your rediculious

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@GeorgeS said:
    @doghouch you mentioned $1 but we have mentioned $1 to$2 and if you think increasing budget can give options than we can increase budget to $5 per year, what will be monthly cost initially for 10 VPS.

No one is going to take anything you say seriously. Give it up and find somewhere else that’ll let you blacklist their IPs.

• And I bet these will be used for "social media" ...

• @doghouch said:

@GeorgeS said:

No one is going to take anything you say seriously. Give it up and find somewhere else that’ll allow their IPs to be blacklisted.

@doghouch, If you can't provide service in a price mentioned in a thread than don't jump in a thread directly without reading all comments in a thread and search for other thread which is in your price range but don't waste others time by posting nonsense reply because we are not asking you for your poor suggestions, you have blamed others comment as well and its showing your attitude towards others honest views.

Its request section and any body can make a request as per there requirement and if seller think that they can provide service in a mentioned price than its win win for both but person like you trying to create monopoly by forcing person to follow your nonsense comments.

I am not blaming you but its humble request to keep away yourself from thread like this one, if you can't help as its allow peoples to read message which is posted by user instead of reading your poor comments.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited October 2017

GeorgeS said: its win win for both

Here is what you're not understanding. Your requirements would be a win for you and be profitable for you, but not for the host.

What your asking is not profitable or sustainable. And I suspect shady activities so it's even worst.

Have a good day!

• @FredQc said:

GeorgeS said: its win win for both

Here is what you're not understanding. Your requirements would be a win for you and be profitable for you, but not for the host.

What your asking is not profitable or sustainable. And I suspect shady activities so it's even worst.

Have a good day!

Alright, I have increased my budget to $8 per year, hope it will win win for both now :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

GeorgeS said: Alright, I have increased my budget to $8 per year, hope it will win win for both now :)

No, you need to increase it to $12 p/year and even then, expect shitty performance and no support.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited October 2017

GeorgeS said: Alright, I have increased my budget to $8 per year, hope it will win win for both now :)

You're heading in the right direction. Maybe just go with 1€ ArubaCloud servers? That's 12€ yearly, but they are paid monthly and you can buy them one by one, so you can always have the exact amount of servers you need. They meet nearly all your requirements, except the location. I'm also sure they can handle 500 VPS per one customer. ArubaCloud can also spread your servers across dozens of nodes, making sure that you won't have few servers running on the same node, saturating each other. Meanwhile, most budget providers can hook you up with max 30-80 NAT VPSs with a bit lower specification (you can only hope to be spread across few nodes) for the same money upfront and yearly.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @MrPsycho said:

You're heading in the right direction. Maybe just go with 1€ ArubaCloud servers? That's 12€ yearly, but they are paid monthly and you can buy them one by one, so you can always have the exact amount of servers you need. They meet nearly all your requirements, except the location. I'm also sure they can handle 500 VPS per one customer. ArubaCloud can also spread your servers across dozens of nodes, making sure that you won't have few servers running on the same node, saturating each other. Meanwhile, most budget providers can hook you up with max 30-80 NAT VPSs with a bit lower specification (you can only hope to be spread across few nodes) for the same money upfront and yearly.

They'll probably ask for ID to justify having 500 VPSes. Who needs 500 IPs anyway? (Aruba)

• doghouch said: They'll probably ask for ID to justify having 500 VPSes. Who needs 500 IPs anyway? (Aruba)

Never had 500 servers with them, but that might be the case. But well... If Aruba asks for justification and ID, who wouldn't? I hope the OP has a valid reason to operate 500VPSs.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

For $7/year you get NAT with 256 mb ram and 5 gb disk.
    500gb bandwidth/month.

Thats about it.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I want perfect teeth and a daily back rub for $10 p/year, it's not happening SUSAN!

Especially not in the UK or US.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @mikho said:
    500gb bandwidth/month.

Thats about it.

Don’t encourage his massive TE venture.

• @mikho said:
    500gb bandwidth/month.

Thats about it.

Where are these $/year NAT VPSes?

• HiFormanceHiFormance Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

Might be able to meet your budget if you prepay some host for 50 years :)

• @GeorgeS said:
    Alright, I have increased my budget to $8 per year, hope it will win win for both now :)

Customer of the year. So much kind. Very win. Big profit.

• @GeorgeS it might be possible.... If you want a IP address per VPS at $8/yr, try using a IPv6 and half the ram!

Even $8/year for that is almost impossible, closest thing you can ever get is a special from Virmach which isn't active probably until Black Friday...

@D3matt said:

@mikho said:
    500gb bandwidth/month.

Thats about it.

Where are these $/year NAT VPSes?

Http://Lowendspirit.com/locations.html

@doghouch said:

@mikho said:
    500gb bandwidth/month.

Thats about it.

Don’t encourage his massive TE venture.

One strike and the vps is gone.

• @mikho

Do you have some sort of system that monitors VPS servers for TEs, or do you just use CPU usage as your indicator?

• The budget specified is not realistic; you'll be lucky to get an IP at that going rate. I'd suggest you increasing the initial budget.