Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tunneling/ encryption that works in China - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tunneling/ encryption that works in China

13»

Comments

• @challengeke
    Will seriously have a look at v2ray.

@msg7086
    I am aware that port hopping helps, but once your IP is blocked your IP is blocked (at least for a while). At this point I consider Shadowsocks as 'cracked' and will look at some alternatives. Beside above OpenConnect looks good too and the Split Tunneling possibility sounds great.

• I was using ShadowsocksR and worked great for hours.

Alternatively you can try to use TurboVPN which works too when I was in China.

• @dergelbe said:
    Any update here? While running Shadowsocks recently in China my IP got blocked within an hour. It go released later again, but it seems if I try too often I get a permanent block.

Any solutions around?

https://dcamero.azurewebsites.net

• Recently I've got (not tried yet) an .apk file called ShadowsocksR '魔改版' 3.4.2.2 by alphaeva (= kaneawk?), seems like this 'mogaiban' supports SSR over KCPTun. I wonder where this project is maintained. it has an md5 hash of 0bb6a6b7a601f81e4cd757d802e86a56.

I've found this repo, but they only have 3.4.2 as latest version and no longer maintained anymore since March.

• Anyone know why the Shadowsocks app on Google Play would need access to your camera?

• @geekalot said:
    Anyone know why the Shadowsocks app on Google Play would need access to your camera?

So they know who to prosecute, of course!

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2017

@ihell said:

@Fritz said:

@dergelbe said:

@Fritz said:
    I decided to buy a new Sim Card there. It will cost around 200RMB that will last 6 months unmetered Internet included.

You have a link? To my knowledge China has no unmetered SIM.

You can buy it at The Festival. They told me it was unlimited.

Always remember that so-called UNLIMITED transfer SIM cards limits your speed to 384 Kbps in China when you exceeds an exact number of transfer.

Flat rate 384/384Kbps bandwidth cap sim is not that bad.

I would give an arm and a leg for 64/64Kbps on The Balkans.

• @geekalot said:
    Anyone know why the Shadowsocks app on Google Play would need access to your camera?

To read your QR code, though it's fully optional. In my cases, when I try to capture the QR code, SS redirects me to my QR code reader app instead of asking me for a direct access to my camera.

Thanked by 1geekalot