Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ssh commands - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ssh commands

2»

Comments

• I've hidden his signature for now to protect him a bit from trolls.

Isn't this the same person who has posted several VPS offers (all removed) that used a nulled WHMCS and whose site shared an IP with a site that advertised warez hosting? The Sri Lanka address on the WHOIS of the site he just posted in another thread to be reviewed matched...

If Mr Warez needs any help with using the -w option with the badblocks command I have a few tips :)

• No I am a newbie to lowend talk. I was before in wht and wjunct

• I don't think it's responsible to give this person any kind of information. He shouldn't run any server until he learns to find answers to the most basic & idiotic questions himself.

Imho it would be in everyone's best interest if we told him to rm -rf his root and forkbomb his server.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@kingvps aaah Setup a local VM at your home computer before you start using vps/vps's.
    Otherwise it would end bad for you.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    I don't think it's responsible to give this person any kind of information. He shouldn't run any server until he learns to find answers to the most basic & idiotic questions himself.

Imho it would be in everyone's best interest if we told him to rm -rf his root and forkbomb his server.

Oh, come on. There's nothing wrong with helping somebody our who doesn't know his way around these things. We don't want to look like some elitist community where beginners aren't welcome.

While I agree his approach is not the best and that starting a hosting company (if that's what he considers doing) is not the best option, we shouldn't go all immature on him when he asks questions. The number of threads, etc. is a bit high. He has been warned for that. But there's no reason to start flat-out denying him answers because some people think "he's not qualified".

• @DomainBop said:
    Isn't this the same person who has posted several VPS offers (all removed) that used a nulled WHMCS and whose site shared an IP with a site that advertised warez hosting? The Sri Lanka address on the WHOIS of the site he just posted in another thread to be reviewed matched...

If Mr Warez needs any help with using the -w option with the badblocks command I have a few tips :)

The WHMCS was not nulled, just not activated yet (the WHMCS license checker didn't know his domain yet). Some offers were indeed removed. I don't know about the rest.

• @ska said:
    The most important shell command is sl. You might need to install it. Do so and give it a go.

I just died laughing, I almost forgot about that little easter egg.

• a few years ago, I dont't know about linux command. All I know is just using the gui from Suse or kylix.

next, I learn many commands from google, and some people teach me, and I wrote it in a text file.

I agree that he is learning, and maybe still don't have a clue about linux command and how to work.

It's wise to teach him how to learn linux. But it's not wise to teach someone who will sell something that don't have any experiences about.

/end of my troll

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    a few years ago, I dont't know about linux command. All I know is just using the gui from Suse or kylix.

next, I learn many commands from google, and some people teach me, and I wrote it in a text file.

I agree that he is learning, and maybe still don't have a clue about linux command and how to work.

It's wise to teach him how to learn linux. But it's not wise to teach someone who will sell something that don't have any experiences about.

/end of my troll

Yeah, this whole things makes me think about writing absolute beginner tutorials some day. May be useful for people that are new to the CLI. Would also be a nice challenge for me.

• Just point to some "unix 101" class.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Agree with rds100... Google is FULL of beginner Linux CLI tutorials. No need to rewrite. We all learned from those same old tutorials.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@rajprakash said:
    Agree with rds100... Google is FULL of beginner Linux CLI tutorials. No need to rewrite. We all learned from those same old tutorials.

Need Google tutorial first. And you may need to Google to find that :)

@ska said:
    The most important shell command is sl. You might need to install it. Do so and give it a go.

Awesome! Love the man page..

Edit: aw, was expecting -a to have a train crash...