Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ssh commands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ssh commands

Anyone can tell me about ssh commands

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

yes, they are good for your hearth. Take 2 before bed and you're safe

Thanked by 2Janevski Amfy
  • What about them? Are you really a provider?

• the name is not in accordance with reality.

I am very concerned.

• ssh [email protected] -p 22

kingvps = user
    site.com = site(or you may use the ip)
    by default the port is 22, so you can type: "ssh [email protected]" if your sshd's port is 22.
    Otherwise, -p 97 whereby 97 is the custom port

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • I think that you'd understand once you browse through the link that is at his signature. lol

@joelgm said:
    What about them? Are you really a provider?

• @wcypierre said:
    I think that you'd understand once you browse through the link that is at his signature. lol

• Sorry, no. SSH commands are classified.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

Edited out

• and click the domain link in sig, it'll redirect to install whmcs.... holly shit, what's wrong with you

• I literally LOLd at this while at work today. That doesn't happen often, so that says something :)

• @joelgm said:
    I found this.

That's a cheap shot, as he probably hasn't activated his license yet (which you do when you install it) and thus the domain is not authorized.

I've hidden his signature for now to protect him a bit from trolls.

• @mpkossen said:
    That's a cheap shot, as he probably hasn't activated his license yet (which you do when you install it)

Ah. I wasnt aware of that. If he was a genuine provider, I'm sorry for the remark.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • and I think that the main reason that he asked this question is to ssh into the box so that he can chmod the relevant directories for the installation to continue lol(probably)

@joelgm said:
    Ah. I wasnt aware of that. If he was a genuine provider, I'm sorry for the remark.

• awsonawson Member
    edited August 2013

I'm pretty sure this is also the "provider" that keeps posting those $0.10 hosting threads, too.

• en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

^ Should give you some insight into ssh, be very careful when asking for commands as there are people out there trolling forums whose sole purpose is to screw your servers up.

• Yes I must be careful

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited August 2013

@kingvps said:
    Yes I must be careful

After you have fully installed your vps never do a "rm -rf /"

Thanked by 1NickGH
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yeah, they're mean.

• Ok

• skaska Member
    edited August 2013

The most important shell command is sl. You might need to install it. Do so and give it a go.

Thanked by 3drazilox perennate tux
  • @joodle said:

I even saw someone in an ubuntu forum years ago give it in binary. prompted the admin to broadcast a message, wish i could find it.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2013

@kingvps It's a secret list of commands told from father to son which brings unforeseen power. But beware of it! If not handled and used in a proper manner, sometimes it causes social awkwardness or nerdness, and only in extreme cases - impotence (permanent contraceptive).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash_(Unix_shell)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

• ztecztec Member

SS(h) commands were used by the nazis in WO2

• skaska Member
    edited August 2013

@ztec said:
    SS(h) commands were used by the nazis

So the commands are known and proven then?

• As soon as he learns "ssh commands' be on the look out for his 5/yr VPS plans

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2013

Whats his site, I wonna buy a managed vps from him, Would be interesting?

• @joodle said:

What also works quite well is a cat /dev/null > /dev/sda, but you have to adapt that to match your partition layout.

• "hold on let me google the ssh command"

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited August 2013

@Raymii said:

cat /dev/zero > /dev/null
    Works better

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2013

Trolling aside, this has quite some information: https://kimmo.suominen.com/docs/ssh/