Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for a Dutch (Netherlands-based) VPS provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for a Dutch (Netherlands-based) VPS provider.

1024MB memory, 1 cpu, 20-50GB space, 1-10Gbps port speed, Dutch (Netherlands-based) company, realible, affordable, vpn/torrenting/tor relay node allowing, 3 terabyte bandwidth, 1ipv4 and 1ipv6, good peering, low latency, max. €10/monthly price.

Is LeaseWeb Netherlands B.V. suitable for me?

Comments

• Start reading : https://www.leaseweb.com/legal

Lets see,... a 1Gbps port can handle about 259TBs of traffic. You are looking for 1Gbps while only wanting to consume 1.16% of the port. You don't need 1Gbps, 100 mbps would be more than fine for you.

If you lower the port speed you can go with Scaleway's Netherlands VPSes that come with 200mbps

• akcuraw said: Dutch (Netherlands-based) company

vovler said: Scaleway's Netherlands VPSes

Scaleway = french company = !NL company

I would recommend leaseweb: solid company, great network, incorporated in NL.

• NL is the new bulletproof.

• +1 for Scalway

@vovler said:
    Lets see,... a 1Gbps port can handle about 259TBs of traffic.

Just a correction 1Gbps can handle 632.8125TBs (up+down) ;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think your best off sticking to RU/UA/RO for that sort thing, I don't know why people have this idea that the Netherlands is a lawless zone that tolerates copyright infringement and ignores abuse of any kind while allowing anonymous proxies.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I think your best off sticking to RU/UA/RO for that sort thing, I don't know why people have this idea that the Netherlands is a lawless zone that tolerates copyright infringement and ignores abuse of any kind while allowing anonymous proxies.

Maybe because the most of seedbox providers is hosted in the Neterlands.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

AnthonySmith said: I think your best off sticking to RU/UA/RO

RO is not an IP theft paradise for some years now, at least 2007 if not earlier. The only thing is privacy is respected here, people have to bring legal papers when conducting any search and looking for names and addresses so they go for the low hanging fruits elsewhere because they wont get here anything on the basis of "that IP shared a song so I need the name and address to ask for thousands of Euros". EU and US forced tough legislation against IP theft, but also EU advocated privacy to some point, so I think the legislation and application pretty much shields the individual stealing for personal use.
    On the other hand, there have been big operations against people hosting "hubs" and the like, the CD/DVD sellers disappeared some 15 years ago when those titles appeared here at discounted prices in hypermakets (blockbusters are some 9.90 about 2 Eur and you can find even 4.99 at times).
    One other problem with residential IPs is that people still share internet a lot, use old routers with WEP and WPS enabled, last time I looked in my neighborhood, I dont think there were 20% of routers without WPS enabled, some 20% using WEP, even. This largely makes proving IP=Person impossible. Unlike a few years ago, though, there were 0 with free4all access.
    NL has such a big density of hosters that it is natural to have low prices and low checks per IP, plus, they dont offer carte blanche to whomever to search people and servers without something more serious than the regular bot demands.

So, for the TL;DR people: You are an individual downloading a movie, it is highly unlikely hunting for you will yield anything without a ton of work and maybe low compensation if that. You are hosting "warez" or selling DVDs and making money out of it, you will be in trouble sooner rather than later.

• @Maounique, you're back!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

I'm happy with using NordVPN but if you want to do anything like torrenting/movie dl you might be indeed better off with a different location or a reputable VPN Provider outside US jurisdication (NordVPN Panama, Ivacy VPN Hong Kong, Hide.me Russia).

• @Maounique said:

So, for the TL;DR people: You are an individual downloading a movie, it is highly unlikely hunting for you will yield anything without a ton of work and maybe low compensation if that. You are hosting "warez" or selling DVDs and making money out of it, you will be in trouble sooner rather than later.

You should definitely one include these at the end of every post.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Maounique: Great! You're back! :)

Thanked by 2Maounique Frecyboy
  • Nice to see @Maounique around here, it's always a pleasure to read your posts!

Regarding @akcuraw 's requirement, maybe he has a special reason to look for something in NL (needing low latency) other than believing it's a "grey area paradise".

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2017

@datanoise said:
    Nice to see @Maounique around here, it's always a pleasure to read your posts!

Regarding @akcuraw 's requirement, maybe he has a special reason to look for something in NL (needing low latency) other thanbelieving it's a "grey area paradise".

Hmm.. 3tb traffic and allowing for vpn/tor/torrenting..

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited October 2017

Well, tor is usually no problem with most providers if it's not an exit node as it would bring no abuse. Most seedboxes are hosted with OVH (fr) / leaseweb (nl) / feral (nl servers, uk ip) so not in theoretically IP theft friendly juridictions. VPN well, it depends the business model / customers I guess.

He didn't ask for something "bulletproof", but something in NL: we can assume he wasn't looking to hide from the spooks. (Anyway, ecatel still is in NL..)

@akcuraw is NL mandatory for you?

@Maounique said:

AnthonySmith said: I think your best off sticking to RU/UA/RO

RO is not an IP theft paradise for some years now, at least 2007 if not earlier. The only thing is privacy is respected here, people have to bring legal papers when conducting any search and looking for names and addresses so they go for the low hanging fruits elsewhere because they wont get here anything on the basis of "that IP shared a song so I need the name and address to ask for thousands of Euros". EU and US forced tough legislation against IP theft, but also EU advocated privacy to some point, so I think the legislation and application pretty much shields the individual stealing for personal use.
    On the other hand, there have been big operations against people hosting "hubs" and the like, the CD/DVD sellers disappeared some 15 years ago when those titles appeared here at discounted prices in hypermakets (blockbusters are some 9.90 about 2 Eur and you can find even 4.99 at times).
    One other problem with residential IPs is that people still share internet a lot, use old routers with WEP and WPS enabled, last time I looked in my neighborhood, I dont think there were 20% of routers without WPS enabled, some 20% using WEP, even. This largely makes proving IP=Person impossible. Unlike a few years ago, though, there were 0 with free4all access.
    NL has such a big density of hosters that it is natural to have low prices and low checks per IP, plus, they dont offer carte blanche to whomever to search people and servers without something more serious than the regular bot demands.

I stand by my point then, and welcome back

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

vovler said: You are looking for 1Gbps while only wanting to consume 1.16% of the port. You don't need 1Gbps, 100 mbps would be more than fine for you.

Funny how you decide for people what they want. There's nothing wrong with wanting a 1 or 10Gbit port even if you download very little. Just so that whatever you download, gets finished "instantly".

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

We can help you with that! We're a Dutch company, and are around since 2007.
    Checkout our website. If you use our current 15% off coupon, you can grab a 1GB memory VPS well within your available budget! :-)
    https://www.liteserver.nl

• @LiteServer I plan to buy services from you within the day. According to the offer, allow tor/vpn/torrenting.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@akcuraw said:
    @LiteServer I plan to buy services from you within the day. According to the offer, allow tor/vpn/torrenting.

"vpn/torrenting/tor relay node"; We have no issue with this! :-)

Thanked by 1sin
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2017

We have the config for 4.99EUR/m: https://www.vpsslim.com

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

Hi, We are a company based in the Netherlands.

We can offer our X1 package (1 core, 1GB RAM, 30 GB SSD) for 5 EUR per month: https://skb-enterprise.com/ssd-vps/

LiteServer said: "vpn/torrenting/tor relay node"; We have no issue with this! :-)

I think the more appropriate question is, when you get a legal notice that pedophiles have been pushing traffic through your IP's and you get copyright claims and legal notices, will you promise not to suspend or remove the OP's services and will you protect his identity from the Dutch authorities at all costs despite being paid the same as a happy meal at McDonalds each month for the service?

• @AnthonySmith why do you assume @akcuraw to be some kind of criminal?

He might just be looking to bypass local censorship / company firewall or could just be a paranoid privacy advocate from a wealthy nation. Who can tell?

As long as he doesn't want to tell us why he wants his server in NL rather than, say FR, US or DE we have no way to know why... Would he be dumb enough to believe that NL law will protect him from consequences of (potential) illegal behavior in his juridiction as well as the Netherlands? I wouldn't assume so but yeah, that could be the case; we have no way to know...

experience and common sense.

• AnthonySmith said: experience

You have much more experience providing hosting in NL that I'll ever have so I'll trust you on that one.

My common sense can't grab why NL would appear to be some kind of virtual wild west for illegal activities though.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith said:

LiteServer said: "vpn/torrenting/tor relay node"; We have no issue with this! :-)

I think the more appropriate question is, when you get a legal notice that pedophiles have been pushing traffic through your IP's and you get copyright claims and legal notices, will you promise not to suspend or remove the OP's services and will you protect his identity from the Dutch authorities at all costs despite being paid the same as a happy meal at McDonalds each month for the service?

Well LiteServer doesn't allow exit nodes at tor. Why should they get notices about pedophiles from tor middle relays?

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • @akcuraw said:
    @LiteServer I plan to buy services from you within the day. According to the offer, allow tor/vpn/torrenting.

I can tell you that I do not have problems with IPT private torrents on mine. Cap to 300 mbps to be nice.

• edited October 2017

Leaseweb is good for NL. There are a lot of good providers for NL. The datacenters there all seem to be very good and very well interconnected.

This argument about something shady going on is dumb. People use NL because the datacenters are good and the interconnects are outstanding (most interconnects to other datacenters in the region are often less than 2ms). The connectivity with the rest of Europe and the UK is also excellent.

I probably get more shady traffic from Germany and France than the Netherlands.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

AnthonySmith said: when you get a legal notice that pedophiles have been pushing traffic through your IP's

Ah, the old pedophile excuse... I think Jarland has made a lot of prozelites in the meantime :P

Amitz said: @Maounique: Great! You're back! :)

Yeah, i got a notice i have been unbanned but no explanation, so probably it is just part of the game he plays :)
    Look at my signature, i will be gone soon or the signature will or both :P
    I am only curious what will he make up this time after the lies I was a pedophile or condoning such activities, or that i was evading bans having multiple accounts deleted all the abuse he and his yes-men spewed against me and locked the old cest pit, also i think he deleted my replies where i was explaining why he is wrong and vigilantes will never solve a problem, just make it worse. I dont have time to post the screenshots of his horrendous behaviour for which he didnt apologise yet, but whenever he will try to deny it, if i am still not banned, I will be able to prove it and defend myself.

TL;DR he will have to ban me again, because he will never be able to understand where is he wrong and why he will never "win" anything, nor will I "lose" anything.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2017

@Maounique said: Look at my signature, i will be gone soon or the signature will or both :P

For what it's worth, I spoke up indirectly in your defense shortly after your ban. My point was basically that you appeared in that thread late in the day and that that thread should have been closed earlier if the topic of the thread was so sensitive/delicate/inappropriate for LET.

In my view, it's tricky to allow a thread on a sensitive/delicate/inappropriate topic to continue just because the people commenting are saying "the right thing in the right way" and then to panic when someone appears and expresses himself/herself a little differently.

This discussion has been closed.