Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rant: German company claiming German law = Global law - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rant: German company claiming German law = Global law

13»

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

mksh said: By making him jump through even more hoops?

I don't mind taking some small additional steps. In this case, I am pissed off at the fact that they could not even demonstrate that the site is hosted with us, let alone that our local (HK) laws are being violated.

But for me, all good will evaporates when they start making threats, and then make grandiose claims over how German law applies in Hong Kong. Not to mention they were insulting our language abilities and technical knowledge.

When they said they were going to contact our payment processors to get us shut down, I seriously don't understand why I should give them any consideration at all.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited October 2017

@randvegeta said:
    I don't mind taking some small additional steps. In this case, I am pissed off at the fact that they could not even demonstrate that the site is hosted with us, let alone that our local (HK) laws are being violated.

You really shouldn't have to, they should be providing any and all necessary proof, if they can't you should just mark them as spam. Comeso are pretty well known copyright trolls. I doubt they have anything useful to say to you.

But for me, all good will evaporates when they start making threats, and then make grandiose claims over how German law applies in Hong Kong. Not to mention they were insulting our language abilities and technical knowledge.

When they said they were going to contact our payment processors to get us shut down, I seriously don't understand why I should give them any consideration at all.

Pretty standard practice, they'll threaten/insult you all day long until you give in. Personally I'd blackhole their emails, they are just asshats.

• @randvegeta Tell them that your balls just twitched regarding their inquiry.