Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for shared hosting or small VPS with good China connection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for shared hosting or small VPS with good China connection

2»

Comments

• @edmond, and ,

Psychz shows great packet loss to China,30% at least.ColoC is better, but not very different,around 10-20%.

The best will be Zenlayer, they have CN2 for out bound.

• @overclock said:
    @edmond, and ,

Psychz shows great packet loss to China,30% at least.ColoC is better, but not very different,around 10-20%.

Well you can't have inexpensive and good quality (well sure you can, just don't have it up at all), bandwidth is costly, as I said, if Quadranet doesn't work out, try using the $7 solution above on my other post.

• @Edmond said:

@overclock said:
    @edmond, and ,

Well you can't have inexpensive and good quality (well sure you can, just don't have it up at all), bandwidth is costly, as I said, if Quadranet doesn't work out, try using the $7 solution above on my other post.

Of course.

• I still have to try @randvegeta services, at the point when I lived in Guangdong I was just using kdatacenter, which indeed worked great, but that Hong Kong offer seems great. However, for the next few months I won't be in China. As far as I see it, it's using HKBN for mainland China, pings look pretty great according to ping.chinaz.com (provided that it's on the same network like their website - Tele Asia, Sheng Shui, NT).

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

salakis said: As far as I see it, it's using HKBN for mainland China

Where do you get that idea from? We dropped HKBN months ago, and they were only ever used for local HK traffic, not China.

Thanked by 1salakis
  • @randvegeta said:

salakis said: As far as I see it, it's using HKBN for mainland China

Where do you get that idea from? We dropped HKBN months ago, and they were only ever used for local HK traffic, not China.

>

Ugh, too many mistakes in one post, sorry for that.

I saw the *on-nets.com hop and mistook Hutchison for HKBN (*ctinets.com)...

Also Fan Ling instead of Shang Shui if I'm not mistaken.
    Either way, you seem to have a great network, CU Shandong ~45ms.
    I'll give it a try once I'm back.

salakis said: Ugh, too many mistakes in one post, sorry for that.

I saw the on-nets.com hop and mistook Hutchison for HKBN (ctinets.com)...

Also Fan Ling instead of Shang Shui if I'm not mistaken. Either way, you seem to have a great network, CU Shandong ~45ms. I'll give it a try once I'm back.

No worries.

Spot on, we are mainly routing China traffic via HGC. No HKBN in our mix any more (they don't know what they are doing).

And yes, our DC is located in Fanling. Though to be fair, it is only 1 train stop (and actually a short cycle ride) from Sheung Shui :-).

We get 45ms to Shandong? Not bad :-). I would normally say anything under 80ms to the more Northern provinces in China would be pretty reasonable. We tend to see better connectivity to the major cities like BJ, SH, GZ and SZ.

• dataplugsdataplugs Member
    edited October 2017

1 Website

100GB Web Space

1 MySQL database

Best Routes with Direct China

Feel free to contact us for more information or you can visit: dataplugs.com

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Tried rootnerds new Japan offer?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/125900/japan-from-5-49-rootnerds-myvps-premium-bandwidth

Should be good for China usage I think.

• Check this ping monitoring site: https://ping.cat
    You can choose locations on the left -- just hover on the links and you can see in English. Then choose the providers.
    The ping chart contains different timespan (3hrs, 30hrs, 10d, 30d, 365d) from different ISP's in China: "广州电信"=China Telecom, "上海联通"=China Unicom, "广州移动"=China Mobile.

BTW, remember to either disable or reverse proxy google fonts in WordPress theme. Google servers are blocked from China, causing stuck on loading page.

@dataplugs said:
    1 Website

100GB Web Space

1 MySQL database

Best Routes with Direct China

Feel free to contact us for more information or you can visit: dataplugs.com

Where is your proivder tag @dataplugs? Aka HostFresh, aka theiving scammers.

• @Oliver said:
    Tried rootnerds new Japan offer?

Should be good for China usage I think.

Looks rather bad according to ping.chinaz.com. Average around 160ms, on CT/CU not below 155ms, CM not below 105ms.

@randvegeta said:
    No worries.

Spot on, we are mainly routing China traffic via HGC. No HKBN in our mix any more (they don't know what they are doing).

And yes, our DC is located in Fanling. Though to be fair, it is only 1 train stop (and actually a short cycle ride) from Sheung Shui :-).

We get 45ms to Shandong? Not bad :-). I would normally say anything under 80ms to the more Northern provinces in China would be pretty reasonable. We tend to see better connectivity to the major cities like BJ, SH, GZ and SZ.

I only remembered that it was one of the last stops on East Rail Line, I still have vivid memories from my initial visa runs through Lo Wu/Luohu... :-)

But back to topic, I am surprised, I didn't know that HGC had such good connection to the mainland, I only remember using residential HKBN (being "sort of alright" to CN) and PCCW/Netvigator (being substantially better) and I somehow always assumed that PCCW was the way to go.

salakis said: But back to topic, I am surprised, I didn't know that HGC had such good connection to the mainland, I only remember using residential HKBN (being "sort of alright" to CN) and PCCW/Netvigator (being substantially better) and I somehow always assumed that PCCW was the way to go.

Well there is a difference between what you get when you compare residential broadband or proper IP transit. Not that HGC is better than PCCW, but you can't compare the retail mass market stuff with the dedicated lines that cost many orders of magnitude more.

I would say HGC and PCCW are comparable in terms of China performance. People assume PCCW will be better, but they are more prone to congestion than HGC (in my experience). But generally the performance and stability is comparable.

HKBN lags behind very much though.

• HongdaLimHongdaLim Member
    edited October 2017

You can look the website gigsgigscloud.com

AS63916 china route pccw and china mobile

ping.chinaz.com test the ip 43.239.158.6

best choose

• @lihanlin said:
    Asia VPS with China direct route is a lot more expensive, and also depends on you need direct route to which ISP.

不貴的又不是不能用,回答一些有用的,我經常看你講廢話

• @HongdaLim said:

@lihanlin said:
    Asia VPS with China direct route is a lot more expensive, and also depends on you need direct route to which ISP.

发现这里其实中国人不少啊

• @qtwrk said:

@HongdaLim said:

@lihanlin said:

发现这里其实中国人不少啊

Sure .
    They come here to see what is cheap.

• @HongdaLim said:

@lihanlin said:

He, AlibabaCloud or IndoVirtue, i just don't know what to recommend while there is no budget , and be care that using non English maybe flagged

• @HongdaLim said:

best choose

K1+ maybe better

• @lihanlin said:

@HongdaLim said:

best choose

K1+ maybe better

我正使用折扣的K3➕ 百兆對等

• @HongdaLim said:

@qtwrk said:

@HongdaLim said:

@lihanlin said:

发现这里其实中国人不少啊

Sure .
    They come here to see what is cheap.

Isnt that the purpose for most people if not all people here ?

qtwrk said: Isnt that the purpose for most people if not all people here ?

There's cheap and unrealistic. Seems more and more people come here with unrealistic expectations now.

In terms of hosting however, 20 EUR /year is not completely unrealistic. It's just not very attractive so probably not too many offers.

• 14dqt1614dqt16 Member
    edited October 2017
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited October 2017

Buyshared in Las Vegas? 5$/y would suit your requirements. Dedicated IP. No stock atm but I think that @Francisco said there would be some more soon (?)

https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/