Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK VPS for BBC, Channel 4 etc - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK VPS for BBC, Channel 4 etc

2»

Comments

• @saibal said:
    Has BBC iPlayer started using user accounts yet? I remember a message a couple of months back saying that iPlayer would soon require users to sign in.

Yeah, that’s in play now.

Thanked by 2Rhys saibal
  • Anyway for some strange reason content on channel 4 on demand works but live streaming doesn't... it says not available in my area. While the Android app works for everything. BBC website works completely.

• I think with the Iplayer it maybe depends on user-agent or A/B testing. Sometimes you'll get a login request, other times not.

• emperoremperor Member
    edited September 2017

@sandro

I dont know for channel 4 streaming, but i had similar problem on one russian site, the problem was due WebRTC leaks on my side, so i was revealing my ip during streaming, but i disable it and then all went to normal. You can try on https://ipleak.net/ , if you are leaking disable it then try again.

• CH4 works for me, browser with webrtc leak disabled

also worth investing in an android TV box with mobdro, showbox, kodi etc
    or just install these android apps on your phone
    You get CH4 live on mobdro

Thanked by 1WSS
  • I'm still pissed at Mobdro. They made an update that broke it on my Android 4.x devices, so cheap-garbage tablets don't work anymore. I'll have to install it again, because I miss the Whose Line streams.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @emperor said:
    @sandro

I dont know for channel 4 streaming, but i had similar problem on one russian site, the problem was due WebRTC leaks on my side, so i was revealing my ip during streaming, but i disable it and then all went to normal. You can try on https://ipleak.net/ , if you are leaking disable it then try again.

I tried that and it didn't work even though WebRTC is disabled :(

• john564 said: CH4 works for me, browser with webrtc leak disabled

>

what server are you using?

• @sandro said:
    Anyway for some strange reason content on channel 4 on demand works but live streaming doesn't... it says not available in my area.

What details did you provide when you signed up? If it asked for a postcode at any point any you ignored it, that’ll be the issue.

• Changing the timezone on my pc did it, lol

• @sandro said:
    Changing the timezone on my pc did it, lol

Brilliant.

• john564john564 Member
    edited September 2017

@sandro said:

john564 said: CH4 works for me, browser with webrtc leak disabled

>

what server are you using?

quadhost UK

• sandro said: Changing the timezone on my pc did it, lol

Are you sure it was the timezone? Never had problems running CH4 on Pacific Time.

• Does iPlayer work under Chrome/Linux by chance or is it still a flash based player/etc?

• AFAIK its still flash, but you can use this:
    https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @saibal said:

sandro said: Changing the timezone on my pc did it, lol

Are you sure it was the timezone? Never had problems running CH4 on Pacific Time.

Well i tried going back GMT+1 and didnt work, as soon as I changed to GMT+0 it works again (simple page refresh)

• @WSS said:
    Does iPlayer work under Chrome/Linux by chance?

Yes. It uses HTML5.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • That's why I love LET. I get two possible answers from a boolean inqury.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @sandro said:

@saibal said:

sandro said: Changing the timezone on my pc did it, lol

Well i tried going back GMT+1 and didnt work, as soon as I changed to GMT+0 it works again (simple page refresh)

My time is GMT +2 and live TV + catchup work just fine without changing it

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said: That's why I love LET. I get two possible answers from a boolean inqury.

@chedenaz: iPlayer does have some content with HTML 5
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/html5
    Most content is still served over flash as its more established.

• @sandro said: Well i tried going back GMT+1 and didnt work, as soon as I changed to GMT+0 it works again (simple page refresh)

I think its probably to do with the VPN you are using, but then as long as it works :)

• @WSS said:
    That's why I love LET. I get two possible answers from a boolean inqury.

Try it for yourself. I don't have Flash on my system. Everything I stream on iPlayer is pure HTML5.

• john564john564 Member
    edited September 2017

There is something with the time zone (not the time) and CH4

tested with
    http://www.channel4.com/now/c4

change time zone on PC to something else besides GMT, say GMT+8 and I get error

"The service is currently not available in your area"

To Clarify, Its not the actual time/date on the PC.
    its the time zone.
    If you change to GMT+0, and get wrong time.
    then edit the time/date to correct it.

There are 2 options to change time
    1) Change time/date
    2) Change time zone

My user-agent addon I use to prevent webrtc leak, does not do Time zone spoofing
    so I'm sending bloody time zone

• On android use livenettv app - on kodi use supremacy addon - no vpn required