Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do people want random 3 character .net domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do people want random 3 character .net domains?

Seen a few of these auctioned recently and they've done better than I'd thought. Is there much call for these random LNL/LLN/NLN domains?

Comments

• Not since 2007.

• WSS said: Not since 2007.

I didn't think there was much call outside people wanting them for short email addresses, but they seem to get snapped up when they appear on here, so I'm curious.

• No. There are hundert of drops everyday. Check pool.com

• I assume most of them suggest that they're going to do something with it, but don't.

• WHT said: No. There are hundert of drops everyday. Check pool.com

Hundreds sounds a bit much. I've rarely had trouble getting one when I want one, although I'm usually not too fussy.

• It's probably more about sales: things that have little value are suddenly made more valuable because someone is selling them and telling you that they're valuable.

Cash in for yourself!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2017

Market irrationality. Enough people believe they're worth something.

I didn't notice how much they're going for. How much?

I do a lot of domain stuff. If they're getting punted for $50 or more then I'd maybe take a closer look at it. I just assumed that it was one of those 'fully mechanised' markets where it's not worth the time looking.

• ricardo said: I didn't notice how much they're going for. How much?

Some cunt flogged a LLN.net domain for over $100 on here the other day.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2017

Really. I mentioned an available one in one of those threads. Noticed it got snapped up after 12 hours.

It took me about 30 minutes to knock up a script and check all [LLN] variations and another 30 minutes to run the job. Might have to run it occasionally now that it's wrote. Saying that, it just shows how easy it is. Can't see why they're worth that much.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • As long as it's not just me who doesn't understand why they'd be worth more than the reg fee, unless the domain just happened to be someone's brand name or sommat.

• I don't see any intrinsic value in the random ones. There's a bit value in URL shortener worthiness and easiness for type in, but close to nothing in brand value. Can't see them worth being much more than $20-30 as a best guess.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

WHT said: No. There are hundert of drops everyday. Check pool.com

Hundreds sounds a bit much. I've rarely had trouble getting one when I want one, although I'm usually not too fussy.

Domain BL DP ABY Status RL.
    a5y.net 7 0 2006 available
    b7s.net 2 0 2012 available
    u5t.net 25 1 2005 available
    k3t.net 1 0 2004 available
    y1o.net 49 9 2007

• @WHT said:

@Nekki said:

WHT said: No. There are hundert of drops everyday. Check pool.com

Domain BL DP ABY Status RL.
    y1o.net 49 9 2007

I don't get your point.

• you said you have trouble to find one so i posted 5 :)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited September 2017

From a quick look at alexa's top sites it seems to me that in western countries names are traditionally longer and 1~3 letters domains are used as shorteners (e.g. Twitter's t.co). Exceptions do exist, see msn.com. In Russia and China there are ok.ru, jd.com, 360.cn, qq.com, vk.com, sohu.com, gw.cn, so.com and so on. Maybe it's a eastern thing

• WHT said: Domain BL DP ABY Status RL.

y1o.net 49 9 2007

Alright that's 5 domains, now list the other 195 to get to the hundreds that you mentioned "daily".

• @WHT said:
    you said you have trouble to find one so i posted 5 :)

I said the opposite of that.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

any cheap place to order .net domain at the moment ? Feel like to order some random .net domains , for self-satisfaction :D

• nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited September 2017

@RIYAD said:
    any cheap place to order .net domain at the moment ? Feel like to order some random .net domains , for self-satisfaction :D

Check:

https://tld-list.com/tld/net

https://www.domcomp.com/tld/net

Lowest right now is apparently $ 7.99

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • @Aidan said:

WHT said: Domain BL DP ABY Status RL.

y1o.net 49 9 2007

Alright that's 5 domains, now list the other 195 to get to the hundreds that you mentioned "daily".

How much you will pay for it?

• Just got me a three character .org because of this thread, thanks for making me waste 6 dollars. I could have used that money on like, idk, some lemonade.

• WHT said: omain BL DP ABY Status RL.

y1o.net 49 9 2007

not available...

• @dedicados said:

WHT said: omain BL DP ABY Status RL.

y1o.net 49 9 2007

not available...

I just checked and a5y.net, b7s.net, u5t.net, and y1o.net are still available.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2017

I got k3t.net - if anyone wants it for the registration fee, PM me. :P

• lol, i just was looking, i own f3w.net

• y1o is totally going to be the next meme site

• I think sites with numbers may have become less valuable because on-screen phone keyboards require shifting in and out of a numeric/punctuation screen to get to them. I'd rather have a nice LLLL or LLLLL than something like an LLN or LNL. Of course an LLL would be best of all.

• RayhanRayhan Member
    edited September 2017

Currently I won a few 3 character .NET domains. As they will expire on 2018, i have plan for put them on LET domain auction in start of the 2018.

And yes, $107 isn't a huge if you want a 8 years old short .NET domain. I think, you know a .NET domain's renewal cost.

• @Rayhan said:
    Currently I won a few 3 character .NET domains. As they will expire on 2018, i have plan for put them on LET domain auction in start of the 2018.

And yes, $107 isn't a huge if you want a 8 years old short .NET domain. I think, you know a .NET domain's renewal cost.

Why does age make a domain more valuable?

• RayhanRayhan Member
    edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

@Rayhan said:

Why does age make a domain more valuable?

Because, search engines gives more value to a old domain than a new one. Peoples like to trust more a website when they found this website's domain was registered a long time ago. Much more than it, peoples like have a aged domain than a new domain like I do. ☺