Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provision time for a HostUS VPS server after you've paid? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provision time for a HostUS VPS server after you've paid?

2»

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@eva2000 said:

@JoeMerit said:
    I am a current customer of HostUS with some OpenVZ vpses. It is a great value for the money. My only complaint would be the system reboots every few months (with no warning.) I assume it is kernel updates because they reboot with updated vz kernels.

Too bad they dont do reboot-less kernel upgrades.

I was told by HostUS that their OpenVZ host nodes used Kernelcare though ?

We do use kernel care but Kernelcare does not update what the VPS will see the kernel as, the reboot will be something else unrelated, but after the reboot the openvz vps sees the new kernel.

@jetchirag said:

@JoeMerit said:
    I am a current customer of HostUS with some OpenVZ vpses. It is a great value for the money. My only complaint would be the system reboots every few months (with no warning.) I assume it is kernel updates because they reboot with updated vz kernels.

I've same issue with fact that my kvm needs manual restart from panel to get it working. Sometimes I get hour of downtime if I'm not present.

Would you be able to create a ticket and asked for it to be flagged to either Alexander or Andrew, i would love to check that issue for you.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@hostingwizard_net said:
    You're quite an unlucky guy. You should have chose a better host.
    HostUS is one of the worst ones, as they have no technical knowledge.

Strongly DISAGREE.

Glad you are happy with our support!

@nyceyes said:
    Ah, okay. Thank you for the link. Appreciated. I commented at the bottom of that thread (wishing them luck) because I've been through datacenter migrations several times.

Thank you, we do antisapte the move to go well here's hopeing.

@nyvpsuser said:

@JoeMerit said:

My HostUS OpenVZ 32 bit Centos 6.9 VPS in Atlanta has been up 170 days currently (this streak will apparently end this Sunday when the VPS goes on a 200+ mile excursion).

I am glad you are happy with our uptime.

@MSPNick said:
    I've had nothing but excellent service with hostus! Please do not listen to that comment.

Thank you for your positive feedback Nick!

@bugrakoc said:
    I am a HostUS customer since 2014 (I guess) and they are top notch. Keep up the good work @AlexanderM

Thank you, I am glad you are happy with HostUS!!

@JoeMerit said:

If you log a ticket for my attention i'll be able to check this for you!

Cheers everyone
    Alexander

//from mobile