Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Javascript help needed (returning the value from MySQL in a function) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Javascript help needed (returning the value from MySQL in a function)

124»

Comments

• @CConner said:
    Oh just stop.

I know you masturbate to PHP, but get off my nuts. You've done nothing to dissuade anyone from thinking a piece of software that can't easily distinguish numerics from strings from anything else and needs arbitrary use of the === operator because zero is false..

It's still a shitty fucking language. Deal with it.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

WSS said: I know you masturbate to PHP, but get off my nuts. You've done nothing to dissuade anyone from thinking a piece of software that can't easily distinguish numerics from strings from anything else and needs arbitrary use of the === operator because zero is false..

It's still a shitty fucking language. Deal with it.

Getting real offensive here, why not keepit civil? Because you can not formulate your complex thoughts correctly?

Every programming language has it's down and upsides, Admittedly, PHP has some more downsides than other programming languages, but it has a lot of upsides as well, there is a reason why it is one of the most used languages - and no, that is not because of sheer amount of novice programmers using it.

Get some real world experience with a language before you jump on the bandwagon. Repeating what others have said before without formulating your own opinion about it makes it, in my eyes, useless.

• @CConner said:
    Getting real offensive here, why not keepit civil? Because you can not formulate your complex thoughts correctly?

Spoken like a true PHP lifer- who can't handle OOP, or even subroutines at times. I'm on the bandwagon for hating something because I can directly state many of it's pratfalls and, indeed, it's lack of cohesion between it's own functions?

Fuck you, you're dumber than I thought.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
    edited September 2017

WSS said: Spoken like a true PHP lifer- who can't handle OOP

Making bolder statements than I thought. Silly you.

Mate, I have good, real world experience with a lot of other languages. I have made mobile apps, I have made desktop and web applications. I know what languages are good for what and what languages are not. I recommend you get to know more than the few you know.

I simply prefer PHP for web development. I use what PHP is good at, and I know what it is not good at. For example, in my latest project I use Laravel for my main API, and use Node.JS for the stuff that PHP is not good at, such as realtime communication.

• @CConner said:
    Mate, I have good, real world experience with a lot of other languages. I have made mobile apps, I have made desktop and web applications.

That's neat. The fact that you prefer something because it's a simple language to pick up and make it do things without having to actually design a workflow, or indeed know what you're doing before undertaking the task- we'll keep you on file.

Now, fuck off. I don't care if you like it; you shouldn't care so much that I don't.

edited September 2017

WSS said: That's neat. The fact that you prefer something because it's a simple language to pick up and make it do things without having to actually design a workflow, or indeed know what you're doing before undertaking the task- we'll keep you on file.

Now, fuck off. I don't care if you like it; you shouldn't care so much that I don't.

For bigger project you certainly do - assuming that you don't need no organization at all, ever when creating projects in PHP is a dumb statement.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Can we stop with the PHP talk? I really don't want to have this thread closed. :(

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2017

Focus on the topic, please.

Please respect @KuJoe's wish to leave PHP out of the discussion here. I will otherwise have to delete everything unrelated and would love to avoid this. Thank you in advance.