Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Really?

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/zurfa-ipv6-only-5-monthly-512mb-xen-in-santa-clara-california/

Really? No links on the website are working, and is obviously very incomplete - something that I could of done in my sleep. Not to mention free SSL certificate on the website,default WHMCS skin, and the host seems to be reselling Prgmr.

My question is why is LowEndBox listing such an incomplete website? I'm at a lost of words.

Comments

• Reselling prgmr? They still dont use a panel do they?

• jakejake Member

@twain said:
    Reselling prgmr? They still dont use a panel do they?

I'm not sure, the test ip asn goes to Prgmr. They could also be renting a dedicated server, or colocating, but I highly doubt that just looking at their website :(

• To ruse you

• jakejake Member

Seems like LEB is playing an early April Fools joke on all of us.

• LESLES Member
    edited August 2013

Great image slider without images :D
    That page is really a joke!

• Maybe they ran out of capital to finish the website and thought to raise some money by listing on LEB.

• Atleast it isnt another colocrossing offer

• jakejake Member
    edited August 2013

@DalComp said:
    Maybe they ran out of capital to finish the website and thought to raise some money by listing on LEB.

I can understand that on Zurfa's part, but I do not understand why Liam decided to go forth with listing such a company, this clearly reeks summer host. LEA would never have approved of this.

• @jake said:
    LEA would never have approved of this.

He did. Plenty times :) Have you seen his deadpool lists at all? :)

• @DalComp said:
    Maybe they ran out of capital to finish the website and thought to raise some money by listing on LEB.

That's a clear sign of death.

• jakejake Member
    edited August 2013

@Spirit said:
    He did. Plenty times :) Have you seen his deadpool lists at all? :)

Meh. I think at the very least, they all had at least a functional website. Now that you mention it, what happened to the deadpool articles, whenever I used to lurk LEB back then I used to see one deadpool post per month, I haven't seen one this year other than a mini dead pool :/

• @jake said:
    Meh. I think at the very least, they all had at least a functional website.

Like this one http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/vps4less-nl-e3-99-128mb-xen-vps/ hehe :)

• jakejake Member

I would rather buy from them than Zurfa, at least their website is complete, even if its only one page and is plain html.

• But imagine how it would go through offer post like this .nl one nowadays :)

• This is the comment I just posted on the LEB offer:

DomainBop:
    "LOL. Just LOL"

Their website may be unfinished but if the people involved are who they appear to be (Ryan, Linux administrator at Xen-based Host Virtual) and Graham (ex sys admin at Intrinsyx) then the company at
    least has people behind it who know Linux and programming…which can’t be said for many of the  “the command line confuses me, but I can push a button in Solus” hosts who normally get listed here.

"Due to recent SolusVM vulnerabilities, they’ve made the decision to “go live early and hopefully let our customers help shape our new interface and services”.

going live early during beta stage can be a good thing but doing it during alpha stage should almost always be avoided unless you’re a masochist and want to spend the next few years repairing the damage done during the alpha stage to your project’s public image.

August 5, 2013 @ 2:50 am | Reply

TL;DR: they should have waited to post their offer until their company was ready to go live but the people behind Zurfa have much more technical competence than many of the clown outfits who are featured on LEB.

• PatsPats Member
    edited August 2013

@DalComp said:

wow!.. good thoughts eh !!

atleast they have backup plan before diving straight to the pool.. :)

• Is this who I think it is?
    http://www.reddit.com/user/zurfa

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

Can't find their business registered as an LLC in California...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I agree this probably should be pulled down.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • It's disappointing to see that people are posting about their offer submissions going ignored for 30+ days, or told that "your offer wasnt good enough" or "your offer didn't stand out enough" and then see this trash get posted.

Perhaps some new guidelines are in order for LEB? "Your offer will only be posted once every 30 days" would be a good start.

Thanked by 1VPSSimon
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited August 2013

@jbiloh said:
    I agree this probably should be pulled down.

Well, that more than likely settles that.

Thanked by 3zfedora jake Hassan
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

It's disappointing to see that people are posting about their offer submissions going ignored for 30+ days, or told that "your offer wasnt good enough" or "your offer didn't stand out enough" and then see this trash get posted.

I think it was posted because it's IPv6-only. And zomg ARIN, zomg exhaustion, zomg Phase III. It is well known that you can pull all sorts of crap, as long as you jump on to ride the right buzzword/bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I am the IPv6 fan around here, but IPv6 alone shouldn't give anyone a free ride and automatic green pass to shit offers like this one.

• VPSSimonVPSSimon Member
    edited August 2013

Really Sad an confusing how it is often hard to have promo's submitted to leb even when all rules/guidelines are followed to last letter, still just outright ignored , Yet all the resellers are appearing with incomplete sites an unregistered businesses yet claiming to be registered.

LEB make sure most hosts jump through all the hoops before being posted; this one seems to have slipped the net, Ironic Legitimiate promos get declined or ignored completely, Yet stuff like this just sails through an gets approved. we had to jump through hoops to verfiy business identity an it was searched to confirm on companys house; yet they claim to be LLC an its taken on there word without 0 checks, "Results of search for " ZURFA LLC " returned no entity records." Ok... :/

So Rules that apply to others didn't apply to that website. An ipv6 only is just a way for a host to save 50cents an ip at minimum more likely $1 per ip, Thus increasing profits. IPv4 pool isn't empty yet. an the world isn't ready for ipv6 only yet some ISP's are still not fully supporting ipv6.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MrObvious said:
    It's disappointing to see that people are posting about their offer submissions going ignored for 30+ days, or told that "your offer wasnt good enough" or "your offer didn't stand out enough" and then see this trash get posted.

Perhaps some new guidelines are in order for LEB? "Your offer will only be posted once every 30 days" would be a good start.

A dialog about rules and posting guidelines is probably in order.

I just spoke with Liam and I feel confident that he'll make sure future posts don't suffer from half-functioning host sites.

As for the back log, no doubt there is a long list. Liam will be working through it with Humza, etc.

Thanked by 1VPSSimon
  • VPSSimonVPSSimon Member
    edited August 2013

Nice to hear Liam wont be accepting incomplete sites, It should help decrease backlog.

• I agree on the unfinished website thing. Other than that, though, it seems like a good offer. It's something different than all those 2GB OVZ offers and it also wasn't a CC-offer. I mean, I heard a lot of complaints about too many CC-offers on the front page.

I like the fact that Liam took on a bit more adventurous offer for a change. And again, I agree on the unfinished website: that's not a real motivator. But really, it wasn't that bad I think.

• Would've been nice if this thread's title had been completed before posting.
    :p

• the post has been removed, indeed this was not one of the "Look mom, I have more RAM and disk space!" offers, from Dallas, Texas, or Buffalo, New York, this was an offer from Santa Clara, CA, and I checked and there was no other offer from there, but the website was under construction, but i think those guys didn't even know they were featured, and I think considering de 'backlog' they probably sent the email thinking they will have to wait a while before they will get featured

Liam, well he is busy, he did not check it right or something but who cares, the offer was good, an incomplete website has nothing to do with the server, maybe the price was a bit high for 'the low end market' and the bandwidth a little low but that could have been adjusted (remember atlantic.net with their 1gb bandwidth then increased to 1tb?), but considering they have a 'custom' panel I think it's not a summerhost, also they offer XEN and well, maybe they will be featured in the future, it's better for them anyway.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

It was nice till it lasted in some way. Like in old LEB times. Now we're back to stamping promo codes of same and same hosts all over again.

@MrObvious said:

Or maybe "you're featured at LEB already, we know you, you don't have to offer anything new to us every few months, lets use this space like in old times, to introduce some new hosts".

• @Spirit said:
    It was nice till it lasted in some way. Like in old LEB times. Now we're back to stamping promo codes of same and same hosts all over again.

You got that right