Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server status script - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server status script

124»

Comments

• @joelgm
    Can you share an example of port monitoring in the .conf file?
    Also, my current setup shows only "1" entry whilst clicking on "History" button. I thought I will be able to see all queries done. Any quick help?

Thanks for awesome script.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited September 2013

@plumberg said:
    joelgm
    Can you share an example of port monitoring in the .conf file?

It requires manual steps to setup certain cron jobs on the remote machines. Due to limited time, I cant go into details at the moment. I believe the source code contains a text file which contains the steps.

Also, my current setup shows only "1" entry whilst clicking on "History" button. I thought I will be able to see all queries done. Any quick help?

No it does not store all queries, only changes in statuses. Otherwise running jobs at 1 minute intervals would lead to a huge (and largely useless) log file. If you're insistent on seeing all results, you can redirect the output of pingm.pl to another log file of your choice, and modify the source code to read and format this file. That's out of the scope of my script.

• @joelgm:
    Makes sense on the 1 entry.

For port monitoring, I am unable to spot any sample code / steps. A quick help will nice.!

• @plumberg said:
    A quick help will nice.!

Impossible. :P It requires an elaborate set of manual steps. :) Maybe later when my schedule becomes less hectic.

• no worries, appreciate your script so far. Thanks!

• For some reason, when a server of mine is changing status, the script isn't taking it in account.
    All files are owned by www-data (except the ones in pinginfo, which are owned by root, the crontab being run by root)
    Inside file I have such info :
    www|158.x.x.x|17-09-2013 07:43:37 AM|100
    www|62.x.x.x|17-09-2013 07:55:01 AM|0
    www|62.x.x.x|17-09-2013 08:00:01 AM|0
    www|62.x.x.x|17-09-2013 08:05:01 AM|0
    (IP 158.x was down, it's listed as down on webpage, then I changed IP to 62.x which is down, server is still reported as down on webpage after a new run of the perl script)

And in file.log i have such info :
    NODATA
    NODATA
    NODATA
    NODATA
    NODATA

When i run manually the command, here's the report (seems normal since i didn't configure port scan)
    www Port ..... No status changeWarning: Identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa not accessible: No such file or directory.

Any idea please on how to fix things? I reinstalled from scratch just to make sure before posting.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

A newer beta is ready. Instructions for installation remain the same. It has command line options to setup remote monitoring of uptime/ram/hdd etc. The -h option explains everything.

http://rawrepo.droidzone.in/pinger.tar.bz2

Edit: I've got a report that it has some issues. I havent had a chance to run it on a freshly installed server. Install the new version at your own risk.

• @Zen said:
    Didn't you stop working on this or something?

I stopped supporting the script due to lack of time. I did continue to make changes to it from time to time on a private git.