Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS for 5 $ or below possible ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS for 5 $ or below possible ?

13»

Comments

• twaintwain Member
    edited April 2015

Master_Bo said: RunAbove Sandbox VPS. 2.5$/mo.

Likely trial license? I'd prefer real license and in Orlando (and if it can't be Orlando I'll just do BuyVM). :)

• @twain said:
    Likely trial license? I'd prefer real license and in Orlando (and if it can't be Orlando I'll just do BuyVM). :)

Aye, trial (180 days) license. For my purposes more than enough.

• twaintwain Member

Master_Bo said: Aye, trial (180 days) license. For my purposes more than enough.

So I guess you just reload the OS after 180 days?

• @twain said:
    So I guess you just reload the OS after 180 days?

Ask me in 180 days, please.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • windows server 2008 kvm 512mb RAM , 512 Swap , 50 gb hdd , 5usd/mo ,virtualizor .
    you can try it for free

• erkinerkin Member

Anyone knows, whether runabove is still beta or is not? I'm curious just because of those sandbox pricing...

• Runabove (aff) sandbox ?
    2,5$/mo 1 core,2 GB RAM,20 GB SSD, 1 TB Bandwidth and free credit my link.

• c0y said: 2003 = XP

And 2012 R2 = Win 8.1.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ClancomsClancoms Member
    edited April 2015

@Holoshed said:
    From the SPLA Licensing Guidelines from Microsoft (linked here, update for WinSrv2012): http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/briefs/win2008-virtual.aspx

Which translates out to, you can run the same amount of virtualized machines on VMWare and even SolusVM as if you were using Hyper-V. If you want unlimited Windows Server 2012 VMs on a node, just license Windows Server 2012 Datacenter. This is my interpretation of this text but I have found other Microsoft comments supporting this in my research.

With the SPLA you "the host" pay per CPU on node and can license as many windows vps as you are permitted per your SPLA agreement

• twaintwain Member

@dragon1993 said:
    Runabove (aff) sandbox ?
    2,5$/mo 1 core,2 GB RAM,20 GB SSD, 1 TB Bandwidth and free credit my link.

Won't let me create an instance without a copy of my ID? Seems a little much.. I've already linked a Paypal account... Not really down with this..

• twaintwain Member

@Francisco - do you think vsphere will run ok on one of your 256M W2k3 VM's?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

twain said: @Francisco - do you think vsphere will run ok on one of your 256M W2k3 VM's?

The client or the actual server component?

Francisco

• twaintwain Member

Just the client in order to connect to/manage a remote ESXi host or vCenter cluster.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Well, you need ~100MB for windows to boot and for RDC to connect. I'd say check how much the client eats and go from there. It probably isn't that bad, but you might hit the pagefile some.

Francisco

• twaintwain Member

OK thanks Francisco. May order one up to see how it handles..

• @DragonDF

You can have an have an 1GB Win 2012 Vps for free for a year @AWS(amazon web services)

• getvpsgetvps Member
    edited May 2015

I used 5$ on VULTR with windows, installed by me and working fine ( you need to have windows server licensed not provided by hoster) , they have Windows 2012 R2 licensed but you will be forced to use stronger system and +$ on prices (~23$ minimum). You can follow this tutorial to create windows vps getvps.ninja/2015/04/how-to-install-windows7-vps/ on basic 5$ VPS (your custom OS,not win7). OR yes, AWS VPS free for year if you not use a lot of traffic( AWS have some limitation ~20GB/m for trial vps )

• @simonindia said:
    DragonDF

You can have an have an 1GB Win 2012 Vps for free for a year AWS(amazon web services)

Yes, you are right.

It is a good idea to pay nothing for a year. I used this service a time ago but... for nothing. I had nothing to do with it and the year pass. :)

It looks like there are a few others options. Not for a year, but 6 months some times.

If you can pay at least $2 / month, maybe this can be an offer:

https://freevps.us/thread-13851.html

A few cheap options can be found here, too (yearly payment):

http://lowendstock.com/