Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostsolutions.ro, my experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostsolutions.ro, my experience

2»

Comments

• @jarland said:
    It's funny, because if I was abusing my power by getting upset with you and people defending you in an overly confrontational way, it seems like an odd thing to do considering I actually like you quite a bit.

Thank you for the unban and please be kind enough to explain this statement from our discussion in private message, where I got banned:

jarland August 12

I want to know, are you part of cociu's shill ring? Because I've had it up to here with them. I'm about ready to ban the whole bunch.

• @default said:

@jarland said:
    It's funny, because if I was abusing my power by getting upset with you and people defending you in an overly confrontational way, it seems like an odd thing to do considering I actually like you quite a bit.

Thank you for the unban and please be kind enough to explain this statement from our discussion in private message, where I got banned:

jarland August 12

I want to know, are you part of cociu's shill ring? Because I've had it up to here with them. I'm about ready to ban the whole bunch.

Maybe you (= @default) should have asked this question in a PM.

• @angstrom said:
    Maybe you (= @default) should have asked this question in a PM.

Or maybe not. After all, @jarland spoke of a "shill ring" which obviously means a group of people and hence would benefit from public explanation.

Would you be so kind to elaborate, @jarland?

I'm quite surprised, btw. Just some posts above I defended @jarland and now I have to wonder...

• @bsdguy said: @angstrom said: Maybe you (= @default) should have asked this question in a PM.

Or maybe not. After all, @jarland spoke of a "shill ring" which obviously means a group of people and hence would benefit from public explanation.

Well, it was a PM from @jarland to @default on 12 August.

There's nothing new here: jarland said as much publicly around that time.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2017

default said: please be kind enough to explain this statement from our discussion in private message, where I got banned

Sure thing. No matter how much I like @cociu and his service, I reached the end of my patience for people being treated like complete shit every time they posted a bad review of his service, or about having problems with his service/support. I don't think it's an actual "shill ring" but I found that calling it that best described what I saw happening.

I remember when LET used to be a place where people would offer help, not constantly berate people for asking for it. In those days, we grew as a community. When we become inward focused and started protecting our own at the expense of newcomers, we slowed our growth. It's a toxic thing and it needs to die.

You were among those belligerently tormenting the new member and then started reporting my posts instead of using support.lowend.io to discuss action with the team.

I don't regret blowing up over it. When you put a pot of water on a stove filled to the top and start boiling it, it's only a matter of time before it starts spilling out.

Thanked by 3WSS vimalware MikePT
  • @jarland

You usually click on "Thanks" for quite a lot, if it happens to mention you. When I defended you (some posts above) against an accusation I felt to be unfair to you, however, you seemed to not even notice it. Strange; and, please, don't click it now. Some things lose value once they need to be mentioned. Just like "I like you" loses value (and credibility) with contradictory behavior.

Thanks for answering my question above.

@bsdguy said:
    @jarland

You usually click on "Thanks" for quite a lot, if it happens to mention you. When I defended you (some posts above) against an accusation I felt to be unfair to you, however, you seemed to not even notice it. Strange; and, please, don't click it now. Some things lose value once they need to be mentioned. Just like "I like you" loses value (and credibility) with contradictory behavior.

Thanks for answering my question above.

I wouldn't think much of it, it's rather intermittent. Sometimes I'll even go back and do it later when I've already read/responded to a particular post.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jarland said:
    I don't regret blowing up over it. When you put a pot of water on a stove filled to the top and start boiling it, it's only a matter of time before it starts spilling out.

☑ If you place a wooden spoon over the top, it helps to break the heat and airflow, and won't boil over unless you ignore it for a very, very long time.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I am also a happy customer. I have a dedicated server with him and had some troubles in the beginning. He offered to take a look on the system to see whats wrong. I really like his hands on support and will to help until i am completly happy with my ideas everytime. It is not always the fastest support, but a support that cares, cause cociu doesnt want unhappy customers.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @jarland said:

default said: please be kind enough to explain this statement from our discussion in private message, where I got banned

You were among those belligerently tormenting the new member and then started reporting my posts instead of using support.lowend.io to discuss action with the team.

Please avoid accusing me of tormenting other members. I only accused you of abusing power in private (flag system) because you closed a topic with argument of some fan club existance of @cociu. I only spoke about that topic with you in private, and got banned, I did not have any commend inside that flagged and closed discussion. I did not torment any user, there is no reply to that discussion from me, check it again please:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121964/hostsolutions-your-ticket-system-is-down-i-heard-can-find-you-at-here/

In your closing message of that discussion you mentioned of a "fan club" of @cociu, in your private messages you see me as someone from "cociu's shill ring", and then you mentioned that you are "ready to ban the whole bunch" and banned me.

I am sorry. I did not torment any user in that topic or any other topic. I did not offend anyone, not even you. I am not part of some @cociu secret club or conspiracy that you see here, and I doubt it even exists. I am however a client of @cociu because I have 1 (one) VPS with hostsolutions, hosting a mailserver. I am from Romania, but never met the guy, never spoke with him on the phone, I do not even know his name, and we are in opposite parts of the country (yes, I like to know where my VPS servers are located, that is how I know where he lives).

I did report your post back then. I do not regret it, just like you "don't regret blowing up over it". But can we "grow as a community" if we all start thinking like this?

Thanked by 1miniswift
    edited September 2017

Regardless, I took your invitation to ban you as a request. Seeing as how you were being confrontational by reporting my posts to accuse me of abusing my power by finally trying to rein in a problem I had let slide for some time, I accepted your invitation/request.

One thing I was not going to accept, and will continue to not accept, is the notion that I should let people treat new members that way. Anyone who wants to stand in my way on that I will be more than happy to show them the door. Call it an abuse of power if you will, I call it doing right by the community and using the power delegated to me in an appropriate and necessary fashion. I have some authority and it is not strictly my obligation to not use it, nor is the use of it always evidence of abuse of power. It is the role of an admin of a community.

Though we may never agree, reporting my posts for mod action is NOT the way to dispute it. As stated in the rules thread:

To contact staff, please use our help desk.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited September 2017

@default

Forget it. The day when jarland says "I apologize, I was/acted wrong in that matter" won't come. Nor, being at that, will the day come, where jarland will publicly say that during that affair or in his (per se positive) quest he himself committed some of the very sins he doesn't take lightly when committed by others.

As far as I'm concerned, he is an admin I usually can well live with (albeit occasionally surprised), who, I think, really seriously means well for the community, and whose "I like you" might be worth something or not.
    At the same time I'm fully aware that, no matter how nice he talks and what he says, he'll pretty much never really trust certain people (like e.g. me) and will be quick to assume negative things like "shill group", "tormenting", etc.

Just look at myself: I have a relation of about 16 posts/10 thanks, so I must obviously have done some things right and must have helped people, yet I don't hold my breath for jarland to come to the point of not seeing me as someone who torments new users, of being a member of the cociu shill group who blindly defends HS no matter what, etc, etc.

But then, hey we're all humans and have our weak sides.

Thanked by 2miniswift default
  • @bsdguy said: Just look at myself: I have a relation of about 16 posts/10 thanks, so I must obviously have done some things right and must have helped people,

While I don't doubt that conclusion in your case, I think that getting thanks on LET may not always be a reliable indication of quality. For example, one-liner badass replies or retorts are often rewarded with thanks, but it's not always clear whether such replies or retorts help people.

• @angstrom said:

@bsdguy said: Just look at myself: I have a relation of about 16 posts/10 thanks, so I must obviously have done some things right and must have helped people,

While I don't doubt that conclusion in your case, I think that getting thanks on LET may not always be a reliable indication of quality. For example, one-liner badass replies or retorts are often rewarded with thanks, but it's not always clear whether such replies or retorts help people.

As well as utterly stupid images. But that's not so in my case.

• @angstrom said:
    For example, one-liner badass replies or retorts are often rewarded with thanks, but it's not always clear whether such replies or retorts help people.

They help people to smile and just for a moment, forget about this crazy world and their real-life troubles.

Surely a smile is a greater gift than knowledge?

edited September 2017

Bottom line for me is that I finally understand that not everyone will like me or the things that I do. Working too hard to please everyone was a weakness and I killed it. It can't be done. Life goes on, decisions still have to be made.

bsdguy said: The day when jarland says "I apologize, I was/acted wrong in that matter" won't come

It's something I do consistently but I suppose that's not really any of your concern. One should admit when they are wrong. Argue your points and concede when they do not stack up. If I felt I did wrong here, I'd gladly admit it.

Obviously I was incorrect in my statement that he tormented the other member (unless I deleted his posts, I honestly don't remember, I did delete a bunch in that thread), memory fades, but that doesn't seem like an overly significant point right now. I said it, he showed I was wrong, end of story. That wasn't the primary focus of my message or reasoning, obviously as it didn't happen so I couldn't have based anything on it. I gave my reasons, I stand by them.

That someone disagrees with me on the overall action in that old thread is, frankly, their issue and not mine. It's done, it's settled, and I've outlined my terms. Very rarely do I put my foot down like this. I'm passive to almost everything that happens here. Know that when I do stand up, I mean it.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:
    For example, one-liner badass replies or retorts are often rewarded with thanks, but it's not always clear whether such replies or retorts help people.

They help people to smile and just for a moment, forget about this crazy world and their real-life troubles.

Surely a smile is a greater gift than knowledge?

Immediately after posting my comment, I thought to myself, Nekki will probably reply! (Perhaps I even wanted to provoke you to reply. :-) )

Point accepted: there are indeed many good one-liners on LET that make us smile, and so the thanks are deserved in such cases.

I would only suggest that there are also many one-liners on LET that are in not-so-good taste and receive thanks nevertheless.

• I'll shorten that to show the point...

bsdguy said: The day when jarland says "I apologize, I was/acted wrong in that matter" won't come

@jarland said:
    That someone disagrees with me on the overall action in that old thread is, frankly, their issue and not mine.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Btw, I'm not against your policy or the line you describe.

You might, however, want to wisely keep in mind that proven, time tested members have their value, too, and shouldn't be lightheartedly pissed off or even banned while favoring new users who might or might not become good contributors. This is even more true with newbs who, frankly, can't be bothered to do a search.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cociucociu Member
    edited September 2017

Guys ! can we stop ? let give some love to all instead of this. @default you are my guest if you want to came to visit us, i just find you are Romanian so when you are near Bihor came to take some beers with me. We will construct "sisters club" toghether hahaha

Thanked by 3jar Falzo brueggus
  • any way @nekki you are my favorite !!! Still love you !

• @cociu said:
    any way @nekki you are my favorite !!! Still love you !

Why is Nekki always the lucky guy?!

• angstrom said: Why is Nekki always the lucky guy?!

is guapa, is beautiful, ii frumoasa, ist schön, është e bukur, je krásná ,lepo etc etc.

• @cociu said:

angstrom said: Why is Nekki always the lucky guy?!

is guapa, is beautiful, ii frumoasa, ist schön, është e bukur, je krásná ,lepo etc etc.

It's hard to argue against good genes. So not much chance for the rest of us!