Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostsolutions.ro, my experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostsolutions.ro, my experience

On July 15, I ordered a VPS for testing.

I had several problems the first month, but the support has always been very fast.

I was really amazed at the performance of the VPS.

In August I canceled a VPS at Cantabo (I will write another message for cantabo), and I use the VPS of hostsolutions.ro.

I'm really a contant customer. for example the last few weeks at cantabo the speed of my disk was 55MB / s at hostsolutions.ro it is 150MB / s.

What is really amazing is that cantabo is a KVM, at hostsolutions.ro it is OpenVz.

Bravo hostsolutions.ro

Comments

• good job @cociu. Am also happy with the performance and support. Keep it up.

Thanked by 2cociu inthecloudblog
  • Me too!

Thanked by 2cociu inthecloudblog
  • If they ever start supporting newer templates like Ubuntu 16.04 or Debian 9, they'd have more customers. But good to see a positive review...

Thanked by 1cociu
  • Was expecting a fscked up story

• cociucociu Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks guys , i really apreciated , i have know always in the our bad period (storage plan) we still have content customers. This meen much for us and give us force to continue to think and implement good offers and good things. Right now we school some new guys for tiketing support so i hope this month anunciae 15 min in tiketing responding . Also finnaly i will need to decide wich module we will use for autoprovisioning because what we have now is a really shit and we plan to change it.... the problem is too many customers to make all this manually so will be possible only for the new orders in the near future.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cociucociu Member
    edited September 2017

advarisk said: If they ever start supporting newer templates like Ubuntu 16.04 or Debian 9, they'd have more customers. But good to see a positive review...

we offer this new templates but not in all offers. Normaly i specif this when i publish the offer.

• Pretty happy with my 1TB vps too.

Just set up php selfhosted LEMP stack on it. (ondrej/php7.0 on 14.04 LTS.)

Thanked by 1cociu
  • comeback said: What is really amazing is that cantabo is a KVM, at hostsolutions.ro it is OpenVz.

first thanks for your review and share with the others ... i only want to point this : have there company wich is overselling verry much eaven is KVM so i am glad you have see this difference. My personaly opinion KVM is nothing better than a good openvz when we talk about performance if is not too much overselling.

• I'm completely satisfied with my 1TB VM as well. Had it for a few months now (March timeframe if I recall). Speeds have been reasonably fast, reasonably sustainable, and uptime has been good.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • ______ Member
    edited September 2017

I am satisfied with hostsolutions too. I only have 1 VPS there though.

However, these topics are not seen well by administration. Defending @cociu may get you banned in LET by @jarland.

• @___ said: Defending @cociu may get you banned in LET by @jarland.

That's not at all true as stated.

By the way, don't you long for a more expressive user name?

• @angstrom said:

@___ said: Defending @cociu may get you banned in LET by @jarland.

That's not at all true as stated.

By the way, don't you long for a more expressive user name?

Yes I do. I had one but I got banned for defending @cociu on a topic in the past. I got over it, but praising hostsolutions.ro can get you banned, so that is why I made my statement. I do not wish to derail this topic, I do not wish to get into details, I will limit myself into small comments that do not upset administration here.

• @___ said:
    I am satisfied with hostsolutions too. I only have 1 VPS there though.

However, these topics are not seen well by administration. Defending @cociu may get you banned in LET by @jarland.

I should know as I was often accused of blindly defending hostsolutions/@cociu.

And I tell you: What you say about @jarland is bullshit.

I was never sanctioned by jarland for my position wrt HS/@cociu. jarland may have been pissed off at times but he did not censor or threaten or ban me, as long as he could see that I was simply saying my honest opinion (which was the case).

I'm btw pleased to see this thread confirming my view that @cociu always had many happy customers but also that the problems HS has experienced seem to be solved and everything is running smoothly.

• Can also confirm that my 1TB storage VPS has been performing extremely well over the past few months & is a great service for the price.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • @___ said: I had one but I got banned for defending @cociu on a topic in the past. I got over it, but praising hostsolutions.ro can get you banned, so that is why I made my statement.

I don't think that it's defending @cociu per se that is a problem, so I suspect that you did something else as well, but I don't know what that was.

• @angstrom said:

@___ said: I had one but I got banned for defending @cociu on a topic in the past. I got over it, but praising hostsolutions.ro can get you banned, so that is why I made my statement.

I don't think that it's defending @cociu per se that is a problem, so I suspect that you did something else as well, but I don't know what that was.

and on top of that he just admitted that he's evading that ban?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ______ Member
    edited September 2017

@Falzo said:

@angstrom said:

@___ said: I had one but I got banned for defending @cociu on a topic in the past. I got over it, but praising hostsolutions.ro can get you banned, so that is why I made my statement.

Yes. I am. Sorry for that. It's not like I wanted it. Still, all my respects to @cociu.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

___ said: I had one but I got banned for defending @cociu on a topic in the past

Well then, fixed. I don't know who you are and will gladly review your ban on request, but banning you for defending a host you like would be hypocritical of me.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

___ said: However, these topics are not seen well by administration. Defending @cociu may get you banned in LET by @jarland.

So, being here for less than a month and you already know who is jarland baning and who not? What's your previous username that got banned, m8?
    BTW, not only Jarland will not ban a good review for cociu, but he have said good things about him in the past, warning him occasionally for his temperature in certain threads.

• @___ said:

@Falzo said:

@angstrom said:

Yes. I am. Sorry for that. It's not like I wanted it. Still, all my respects to @cociu.

You see, what will get you banned is evading a ban, not defending @cociu.

But I'll give you a little credit for honesty.

• matthewkilpatrick said: Can also confirm that my 1TB storage VPS has been performing extremely well over the past few months & is a great service for the price.

the most interesting i have see many comments about this offer to be not profitable and non sustenable .... BUT YES , i make proffit and definetly we will repeat verry soon this offers in storage.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

cociu said: i make proffit and definetly we will repeat verry soon this offers in storage.

...just as soon as the fsck finishes.

• raindog308 said: ...just as soon as the fsck finishes.

i see is verry easy to change sisters for fsck servers :)

• @cociu said:

raindog308 said: ...just as soon as the fsck finishes.

i see is verry easy to change sisters for fsck servers :)

You can take the sister out of @cociu, but you can’t get @cociu out of the sister.

Thanked by 2netomx that_guy
    edited September 2017

FYI, I found out who @___ was. That was @default. He was banned for what I considered to be asking for a ban:

Ban me, it's not like you are not an administrator or something. You abused your power to ban before, you can do it again, I know you can. So ban me if you wish, or ban whoever you want whenever you want.

His wish was my command. Since he clearly wishes to be unbanned, I unbanned his original account.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • cociucociu Member
    edited September 2017

jarland said: That was @default.

not for defend hostsolutions, but for me was a good guy and constructive one. Finnaly is your/his decision. And more ... get banned for a hosting company is like a old sister ...

cociu said: not for defend hostsolutions, but for me was a good guy and constructive one. Finnaly is your/his decision. And more ... get banned for a hosting company is like a old sister ...

It was because rather than use the lowend ticket system to discuss team action with the team, he was reporting my posts in the thread for mod action, accusing me of abusing my power. It's funny, because if I was abusing my power by getting upset with you and people defending you in an overly confrontational way, it seems like an odd thing to do considering I actually like you quite a bit.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jarland said: It was because rather than use the lowend ticket system to discuss team action with the team, he was reporting my posts in the thread for mod action, accusing me of abusing my power. It's funny, because if I was abusing my power by getting upset with you and people defending you in an overly confrontational way, it seems like an odd thing to do considering I actually like you quite a bit.

you know always i have respect of all MODS from here specially you because you are verry active , i always had a second chanse (2 times yet and i hope the last one) but somethimes in this kind of forums when the people reacting we need to know all we are people not machines so is possible to faill , including mods , users, providers, clients, simple users who visit LET . At least i think we need some smile first instead of blaming people. Dont take it personally , i meen to all this who instead of wait and work for a good situation is directly blaming and try to be the "smart" So keep the good sisters and take some beers from my part.

Thanked by 1jar
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I read: "contabo was KVM and I was using the IDE driver, the other is ploop based, I only did a dd test."

That said, what a refreshing change.

Thanked by 1netomx