Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do providers have a right to terminate service WITHOUT notification? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do providers have a right to terminate service WITHOUT notification?

13»

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Ndha said:

@Nekki said:
    How do you know the host didn’t check before suspending you?

Like i said before..

There is timeframe between suspend..

I got email from Sky to delete and i delete url in 10 minutes after receive it..

But 8 hours later suddenly my vm off and got suspend info about dmca..

It must be manual suspend cause host must type suspend info..

So before do suspend, if he check again url that got complain it must be 404..

What action host to do if there is no url that got complain?? still suspend??

This from my point of view, cause i'm still wrong about break TOS..

Did you reply to your provider telling them you complied? It sounds like you just assumed they would check the url

• As a good faith user, I try to ensure that my VPSs do not adversely impact the other customers' VPSs. If one of my VPSs misbehaves, It is reasonable to expect the provider to do what is necessary to protect the rest of their network and the other customers' VPSs.

At the same time, I hope that the provider would give me a chance to correct the situation. I have seen discussions in various forums about providers who delete first and ask questions later. I hope I never encounter one.

• I think no provider here will tolerate "illegal activity and chargebacks", and some might not even provide backup in these two cases after the termination.

• gaaraigaarai Member
    edited September 2017

@intepentium0 said:
    In a speech in South Africa in 1890 Mahatma Gandhi said this:

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.”

Sorry. Gandhi never said that. The quote is a modification of something said in 1941 by Kenneth B. Elliott, VP of Sales at the Studebaker Corporation. He was talking about core concepts of what the customer is and is not in relationship to the corporation. Even with such ideals, I seriously doubt that Mr. Elliott would suggest that at no time should any potential customer be shown the door.

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • @gaarai said:

@intepentium0 said:
    In a speech in South Africa in 1890 Mahatma Gandhi said this:

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.”

Sorry. Gandhi never said that. The quote is a modification of something said in 1941 by Kenneth B. Elliott, VP of Sales at the Studebaker Corporation. He was talking about core concepts of what the customer is and is not in relationship to the corporation. Even with such ideals, I seriously doubt that Mr. Elliott would suggest that at no time should any potential customer be shown the door.

Thank you for the clarification. Nice to know that LET members are a bit Quorans too.. :)