Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Year VPN business for sale - 200K Yearly Revenue - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8 Year VPN business for sale - 200K Yearly Revenue

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2017

This thread is LET in a nutshell. What's this board about? VPS?

on: very best of luck for your transaction

Thanked by 1seloving
  • We are clients of VPS and servers.

:)

Thanks LET.

• @William said:
    My companies revenues are 7 digits, yet i don't drive a Lambo.

Check this out

• @seloving said:
    Thanks all.

We've found good partner already.

Wish us good success.

China gov would love to partner with you.
    All the best.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jojoom said: @William said: My companies revenues are 7 digits, yet i don't drive a Lambo.

Check this out

You went to the trouble of setting up a second account just to sling that one lame insult?

• @raindog308 said:
    You went to the trouble of setting up a second account just to sling that one lame insult?

I went to the trouble to make a second account just to read the Cest Pit, and all I got was a several-month timeout. :(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

jojoom said: @William said: My companies revenues are 7 digits, yet i don't drive a Lambo.

Check this out

Likely unrelated, IP is leaseweb and the other account last used in February of 2015.

jarland said: Likely unrelated, IP is leaseweb and the other account last used in February of 2015.

You're probably right.

• @William said: Here, check some hardware that just lays around here, or our drone, or the segways, or the countless PCs, or our colo hardware....

https://prnt.li/f/04ed505faa02e489fcc2deeaef98772d-riech5gugo.html

Well, there's at least one piece of hardware that we both have in common, namely, that 5m measuring tape from Obi! :-) (See the first photo.) An impressive collection of stuff.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

jarland said: Likely unrelated, IP is leaseweb and the other account last used in February of 2015.

You're probably right.

So why was he banned?

randvegeta said: So why was he banned?

He's been unbanned.

• jojoom said: Check this out

I don't get it, maybe because i see the entire economics teaching as bullshit anyway, it's a game of contacts and opportunity much more than actual knowledge. Not like i went to a university, yet, or have any higher education otherwise.

Being the most intelligent person on the entire world but in farmer on a Mongolian rice field will limit your ability to rise, being someone dumb but not entirely dumb in a middle class Singapore family will give you an advantage on exactly the other side of this game.

The internet and other things majorly change what one can do from remote parts of the world but for now it is still a mixed case of both.

And the point is not that i can afford a Lambo (i could not, and buying one is dumb, it's value loss after driving off the lot is near 50% already aside that we pay 24% VAT on it - i could lease one but that makes no sense either) but rather still, and it never changed, that revenue is a bullshit figure useless in a sales attempt.

To sum this idiotic but still fun thread up i guess - I drive now nothing, by lack of license, but own a 1999 Mercedes S500 i bought for 2500EUR some weeks ago to play around with until i acquire a new license. 306hp V8, 380000km, interior nice still and up to code still with no repairs needed for some years.

Once Croatian law changes and i can save a ton of money we'll either buy or lease a Tesla S on the company. Until then this will suffice fine as inspections are less strict than in Austria or the West generally anyway.

https://prnt.li/f/5f415291b286559530d72d81d53377c1-aicaabeu6j.html

Nice car, cheap as hell even with the age/km, no idea why anyone would buy a new one or a super car anyway with such used deals unless insanely rich, but hell i have no idea of cars overall, i'll add some A/V and some PCs and RGB and shit and it's a nice project on the side that drives.

jvnadr said: Update: I asked and it is an abandoned commercial building built in 1972. there is a big discussion at the moment if the municipality should destroy it and build something more eco-friendly in this place

It could be, by space and design (high rise on sea is good for cooling, but not for salt content, but air filtration is cheaper than AC), a nice datacenter but with transit availability and cost of both that and power in Greece...

William said: we'll either buy or lease a Tesla S

If one can afford a Tesla, I have no idea why they would want anything else. It is quite simply the best car around and the best value for money.

The only issue is range, but not so big a deal if where you drive is near a supercharger (sadly no super chargers in Lithuania).

The Model S is objectively the best car in many areas.

• Huge cargo capacity. About 900 litres in the frunk and trunk, and almost 1,800 litres if you put the back seats down.

• Super Safe. With no engine, you have a gigantic crumple zone, and all the sensors and autopilot features actually help you avoid accidents in the first place.

• Economical. If you pay for your own electricity, it cost about 2EUR per 100KM. Superchargers are free, many public chargers are free, and off-peak power can mean half the price if you charge at home.

• Faster than a super car! Insane performance. Even the old S 60 can still do 0-100km/h in about 5s, and P100D in 2.7s

Plenty more. If you can afford it, why would you buy any thing else?

• randvegeta said: If one can afford a Tesla, I have no idea why they would want anything else. It is quite simply the best car around and the best value for money.

Keep in mind you also do not pay the base you pay on other cars for the CO2 it will produce on lifetime average and other taxes/fees, so the price for this luxury car - the S competes with BMWs 7 and Mercedes S in interior and speed/HP - is extremely low in certain EU(/EEA) countries already. Basically pay the price for a new 3/5 BMW for a nice 7.

Now once we get the VAT back at least partial - which most EU countries only do for work related cars but this has sometimes pretty idiotic sides, eg. a Land Rover does qualify in Austria while a larger VW Golf does not, yet the Sharan and larger do again - and with more tax discounts that re-finance the higher insurance cost (as insurance price is based on HP and "class" system, where the Tesla ends up near supercars/7 BMW etc.) it would be dumb to buy anything else other than another E car, which does at this time not exist at reasonable price.

Sure, i would drive an i8, but it does cost a LOT more while the e-Golf is marginally cheaper for less overall power and capability. Friend owns a Renault Zoe which seems a sweet spot in between but is too small for my liking, especially now with getting used to the spacious S500.

Tesla has a good overall offer, good service and good price with insane safety scores/ratings in both US and EU, both S and X (probably also 3) are damn nice cars.

randvegeta said: If one can afford a Tesla, I have no idea why they would want anything else.

Is it really that hard to come up with 10 reasons why someone wouldn't want a Tesla?

Let's go!

1. Doesn't want to give Elon Musk money. This is a very valid reason. You're talking about the asshole who started PayPal. I really don't need any reason other than this.

2. Doesn't like the style for whatever reason. Personally I think they're ugly.

3. Doesn't want to be an arrogant Tesla owner, as many of them seem to be.

4. Overpriced vs. value. If all someone needs is a Honda Civic, buying a Tesla is a mistake regardless if you're a billionaire.

5. Lives in Kuwait where gasoline is cheaper than electricity.

The only issue is range, but not so big a deal if where you drive is near a supercharger (sadly no super chargers in Lithuania).

1. Lives in Lithuania.

Huge cargo capacity. About 900 litres in the frunk and trunk, and almost 1,800 litres if you put the back seats down.

1. Not enough cargo space. Not exactly a minivan is it?

Super Safe. With no engine, you have a gigantic crumple zone, and all the sensors and autopilot features actually help you avoid accidents in the first place.

1. Wants a better safety record. There are better, safer cars than the Tesla.

Faster than a super car! Insane performance. Even the old S 60 can still do 0-100km/h in about 5s, and P100D in 2.7s

1. Has a teenager and doesn't want that kind of performance at their disposal.

2. Did we already say they're ugly? I think we did. Let's add stupid logo as well.

Plenty more.

Or just has a large family, doesn't want to buy new tech until it's proven, doesn't find the ride the way the buyer wants, doesn't like being 1/2" off the ground and would rather drive a taller car, doesn't like the seats, doesn't like the stereo, doesn't like the brand's stupid name, finds it hard to find a mechanic, doesn't live near a Tesla dealer, is related to Edison and still is bitter towards Tesla, etc.

If you can afford it, why would you buy any thing else?

That's just dumb. There is no car that is perfect for everyone.

Thanked by 2nice switsys
  • @raindog308 This thread is seriously off-kilter. Be careful or you might get told to take it to the Cest Pit.

• raindog308 said: Overpriced vs. value. If all someone needs is a Honda Civic, buying a Tesla is a mistake regardless if you're a billionaire.

It is not. It is EXTREMELY good value especially if you get tax discounts. Cars cost a LOT more in EU as base by such things than over in the US. Up to 25% VAT are a LOT alone, then NOVA and all this crap.

This is a middle class and up car clearly, not what someone drives than can barely afford a 15 year old Toyota.

raindog308 said: doesn't want to buy new tech until it's proven

It is by now proven. Tesla beats out nearly any other car in safety features as well...

On the other side you have eg. Diesel engines which have been "proven" to be clean until they... were not. So... yea, not a good example.

raindog308 said: Lives in Kuwait where gasoline is cheaper than electricity.

Nice example in theory, but no: electricity is practically free in most arab states (or rather was until oil price decrease), gasoline was (and still is) extremely cheap but both have been gov subsidised.

In fact, at least one arab country did not bill private electricity usage at all until 2012-2013, there was simply no need for the money and the work required around it. LY also had free (or near free) power for a long time (well, until the gov fell).

Sure driving an eCar there is for tax reasons and the availability of cheap used gasoline based cars not very bright as idea, but nowhere near dumb either. Charging stations are built in this part of the world also nowadays.

You also entirely forget the pollution aspect here, Dubai and similar like to have non-polluted air, and China has to go this steps by now to clean up at least some as well.

raindog308 said: Doesn't want to give Elon Musk money. This is a very valid reason. You're talking about the asshole who started PayPal. I really don't need any reason other than this.

That's a strange reason. It's not like Musk is responsible for the issues with Paypal. He was even fired from Paypal as CEO by the board.

raindog308 said: Overpriced vs. value. If all someone needs is a Honda Civic, buying a Tesla is a mistake regardless if you're a billionaire.

Honda Civic cost about $20,000 in the US. Model 3 cost $30,000 after incentives. Over the lifetime of the car, probably the Model 3 will cost less given the fuel savings.

Now of course if you can't afford it that's another issue. But over the lifetime of the car, the savings are clear. Unless you don't drive much, in which case buying any new car would be a complete waste of money.

The Model 3 offers the most range for it's price. Other cars like the Renault Zoe, Nissan Leaf cost similar and have about 100-200km less range. The Chevy Bolt has similar range, but all cars cost about the same. BMW i3 cost more than a Model 3.

Yes the Model S is expensive but why anyone would buy a gas guzzling behemoth when they could go for an all electric car, is beyond me.

raindog308 said: Lives in Kuwait where gasoline is cheaper than electricity.

Perhaps in oil rich countries this is true, but in my mind, if you can afford a more sustainable option and choose not to, that makes you more of an arrogant blow hard than any Tesla owner I know.

raindog308 said: Lives in Lithuania.

Don't know what you mean by that.

raindog308 said: Not enough cargo space. Not exactly a minivan is it?

1,750 litres is not enough? No it's not a Minivan, and if you NEED a minivan, then obviously a Tesla, or any Sedan/Saloon or hatchback is not for you. But the cargo space of a Model S, X or 3 is larger than any other vehicle in it's class.

raindog308 said: Has a teenager and doesn't want that kind of performance at their disposal.

You know can turn down the power and password protect the car to prevent your kid from having access to that power? You can limit the power to about 130HP. But with all the safety features, again.. I'd rather my kid be behind the wheel of Tesla than some old ICE car.

raindog308 said: Or just has a large family, doesn't want to buy new tech until it's proven, doesn't find the ride the way the buyer wants, doesn't like being 1/2" off the ground and would rather drive a taller car, doesn't like the seats, doesn't like the stereo, doesn't like the brand's stupid name, finds it hard to find a mechanic, doesn't live near a Tesla dealer, is related to Edison and still is bitter towards Tesla, etc.

I don't think any of those are real reasons are they? Considering the car isn't that low. The Model X is actually pretty high up. There are many sound options to choose from. You would never really need a mechanic. I mean it's all well and good if you just don't like the car/brand/design/looks. The subjective things I can understand. The styling is not everyone's cup of tea, but there are a lot of objective reasons why electric is better and why Tesla's are currently the best EVs.

Obviously you cannot compare a sedan or SUV to a minivan or a pickup truck, and if you need one then you obviously cannot go electric since those cars don't exist yet.

• raindog308 said: Doesn't want to give Elon Musk money. This is a very valid reason.

You lost me right about here.

This is a purely subjective statement, and as such not valid for any discussion.

William said: It is not. It is EXTREMELY good value especially if you get tax discounts.

I disagree. If a $10,000 car meets all my needs, spending $50,000 on one is wasted money because I could do other/better things with the $40K. The point is that I would never spend $10 on an electric can opener if a $1 manual one meets my needs. It doesn't matter how much nicer the $10 one is.

I recently (about 40 days ago) bought a new car. I didn't buy a Tesla. There were good reasons and ignorance wasn't one of them.

I'm not saying Tesla is a bad car - but the statement that there is no reason why anyone would ever want anything else is silly.

raindog308 said: Wants a better safety record. There are better, safer cars than the Tesla.

Name 1 production car that has a better safety record?

raindog308 said: doesn't want to buy new tech until it's proven

As @William said, it is proven. But how much more proven do you want than an electric motor? An electric motor is one of the oldest and most reliable things in electronics. It's way more reliable than an engine with thousands of moving parts. And if you're referring to all the other stuff, that must mean you rule out all other vehicles with advance saftey features too? So you would only consider less safe cars?

raindog308 said: I'm not saying Tesla is a bad car - but the statement that there is no reason why anyone would ever want anything else is silly.

Presumably you dind't buy a Sedan or SUV? And if you did, presumably it wasn't $70k + and presumably it is reasonably economical to run?

Perhaps I should rephrase. If you plan to spend similar amounts of money on a similar class car, why would it be anything but a Tesla if not for silly subjective reasons?

The economics are more pronounced in Europe and Hong Kong to be fair. In Lithuania, petrol cost about $1.50 /litre, or about $5.7 per US gallon.

Even if you take a relatively small car like a VW Golf, with a 1.2litre engine, it would still cost on average about $10 - $15 per 100km driven. The Tesla cost about $2 per 100KM (in Europe) and that's assuming you PAY for your power.

Even if you assume that a car is completely free, and you have a relatively fuel efficient car that cost $10 /100KM to drive, it would only need 375,000 KM before it's cheaper to buy and drive a Model 3 than it is to get a FREE CAR and drive with petrol. If you consider the cost of servicing, oil changes and the like, then it would be much sooner. Tesla's require little to no servicing as the motor and battery are sealed. There are no oil changes and such.

Even over the medium term, if you take comparable CLASS car, an electric car beats a petrol/diesel on the economics. UNLESS you don't drive much. Which of course begs the question, why buy a new car?

randvegeta said: As @William said, it is proven. But how much more proven do you want than an electric motor?

There's just more variables with Tesla tech: new company, new technology, not been on the road long (compared to, say, a Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord), etc. Some people (me included) won't buy the first year of a production model refresh until bugs are worked out, etc.

randvegeta said: Presumably you dind't buy a Sedan or SUV? And if you did, presumably it wasn't $70k + and presumably it is reasonably economical to run?

Correct. It wasn't anywhere close to $70K.

I can't imagine every spending that kind of money (in 2017 dollars) for a car.

• TLDR; This thread went completely off-topic, from vpn to cars, LOL.

Thanked by 2Makenai vimalware
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2017

raindog308 said: I disagree. If a $10,000 car meets all my needs, spending $50,000 on one is wasted money because I could do other/better things with the $40K.

The gasoline car, regardless if Smart or Lambo, WILL have at this time 20% more tax than any E car in next to any EU country (yea yea weird Italian laws again, as example), which also reflects in the used prices... at one point (see below).

Any new gasoline car is higher taxed than a pure E one in any EU country by our exhaust laws in EU alone that somewhat base prices on the CO2 output which a Tesla simply does not have at all.

A used Tesla also has taxes paid already, just far less, and can be had very cheap if not for demand surpassing availability thus by free market increasing prices - this is also a quality sign as rarely one wants to sell at all.

Thus, your example only works currently as there is no real supply of used E only cars at this time, because by initial purchase price discounts (be it Gov local, EU or just insurance) the E one has the better value over time.

Lastly i assume you rely on US gasoline prices in your mind to run through this - but you cannot:

• US gal == 3,78L - US gov pricing source here
    • 1 Gal avg. in US costs somewhere around 2.5$, which are a base of
    • 3.78L = 2.5$ || 1L = .66c
    • Adding sales tax and such we can for now assume 1L = .80$ for this calculation (thus 1 gal = ~3.1$ post tax)

There is not one, not a single, EU country with post-VAT gasoline prices below 1.20$ per l. Not one.

The cheapest you find, and this is state subsidised to some extent, is Romania and like Latvia at slightly over 1EUR (thus 1.2$), this goes up to 1.7EUR (2$!) in Italy (due to special tax system there) or the Netherlands (because expensive).

At up to more than double the price for fuel but at least 25% more the E car sounds even more attractive to Europeans, especially city based ones and in smaller countries which is simply not comparable to the US - even the distance from Varna on the Bulgarian coast all the way to Porto in Portugal is less than NY-LAX and an extremely uncommon route while US (car based) travel this far is not rare, now compare this to me in Rijeka; with a 400km range i can get to 6 (!) different countries and any city/town in Croatia which is far more than most will ever need.

Thanked by 1switsys
    edited September 2017

@William, you can get a used Tesla from private sellers for about 40 - 50k EUR for an older 2013/2014 model. Still better than any ICE or new non-Tesla electric. Really if the battery and motor are in good shape, the mileage done is irrelevant compared to ICE.

• JackcoolJackcool Member
    edited September 2017

原来做vpn服务,就做中国区都能做到200K的收入,一年是20万美元
    也就是170万人民币
    在中国做vpn现在是违法的,只不过人在国外是没有问题的

要是认识几个中国人,可以帮你推广,宣传,可能还有生意

因为,以后防火墙封锁的越来越严格

一个不会英文的中国人留.

本人肉身在中国,不能说太多,对不起各位老外了.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Not cool, Jack. Not cool.