Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Sven said:
    My server has been suspended. What a shame. Not even a notfication.

EDIT: Suspended for "Monero Mining". Interesting, I just ran a Monero Node without mining. Seems like a misstake. Have to wait for the support.

Well a Monero or Bitcoin node, still needs shit ton of cpu at the beginning.

Still a reason to suspend for CPU abuse.

• im8a said: I am wondering do they even reply your ticket? I have a ticket sitting there for more than a week without any respond.

Yep. He did. Server has been unsuspended. But I removed the Monero Node.

it doesn't matter what exactly Monero does. We do not allow anything related to crypto currencies on VPS-HDD.
    Your server has been unsuspended now. further abusive usage will lead to a termination according to our terms of service.

On the next ticket he says:

You understand that torrents, miners and any other application that may affect other users on the node are not allowed at all.

But a Monero Node is a complete different thing as Mining in my opinion. But for this price I can not complain.

• SvenSven Member
    edited October 2017

Neoon said: Well a Monero or Bitcoin node, still needs shit ton of cpu at the beginning.

Still a reason to suspend for CPU abuse.

Monero was running since the bginning and was up to date along time. The CPU usage and load was nearly zero all the time.

• Sven said: Monero

You have to understand that this is a storage node. Normally, storage nodes (especially the dirty cheap ones) will not be allowed to run scripts, websites or anything else that software to backup files and keep storing your archives. That's why they called storage nodes.
    If you want to run scripts, you should buy normal vps or, better, dedicated services, especially when it is about mining or similar scripts.

• jvnadr said: You have to understand that this is a storage node. Normally, storage nodes (especially the dirty cheap ones) will not be allowed to run scripts, websites or anything else that software to backup files and keep storing your archives. That's why they called storage nodes.

If you want to run scripts, you should buy normal vps or, better, dedicated services, especially when it is about mining or similar scripts.

A Monero Node needs "alot" of HDD. So why not. I get the point of your point of view. And I am fine with it. For this price there is nothing wrong with it.

I just accept it.

• better run borg or some daily deduplication processes then. this also will have a higher impact on IO and CPU but should be perfectly fine on a storage VM...

• Im such a hoarder... Still havent done shit with mine yet. So much to do.. So little time..

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • Is the treudler special offer fo 10 eur / quarter is still available?

• @marson said:
    Is the treudler special offer fo 10 eur / quarter is still available?

No

• Again my server has been suspended. This time the reason is: "abusive usage; illegal content, high resource usage"
    Interesting. There is no load on this server. Load was at no time over 1.0. 90% not even over 0.5. Maybe because I use 91% of the 1TB.

Too early to call Treudler.net scam? Chat is waste of time. They can not do anything. I have to wait for a ticket response. After nearly 24h I got no response.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Sven said:
    Interesting. There is no load on this server. Load was at no time over 1.0. 90% not even over 0.5. Maybe because I use 91% of the 1TB.

Maybe somewhere in small print is stated that you are not allowed to used 90% or 100% of your 1TB of disk space? It’s mean it’s your own fault for not reading the terms and conditions.

• @WebProject said:

@Sven said:

Maybe somewhere in small print is stated that you are not allowed to used 90% or 100% of your 1TB of disk space? It’s mean it’s your own fault for not reading the terms and conditions.

lol what. I bought a 1TB VPS but I am only allowed to use <90% of it? :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2017

@Sven said:
    Again my server has been suspended. This time the reason is: "abusive usage; illegal content, high resource usage"

Too early to call Treudler.net scam? Chat is waste of time. They can not do anything. I have to wait for a ticket response. After nearly 24h I got no response.

What you got stored in there, hot stuff?

• No not really. Its just used as a part of a distributed file system.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@Sven said:

@WebProject said:

@Sven said:

lol what. I bought a 1TB VPS but I am only allowed to use <90% of it? :D

In order be profitable at such price, I will be not surprised about it.

• @Nekki said:

@Sven said:
    Again my server has been suspended. This time the reason is: "abusive usage; illegal content, high resource usage"

Yes. I had 2 of my VM's suspended by these guys because they said I was putting too much usage on their disks. These guys are scammers. I don't ever recommend anyone go with them.

• I was considering buying from them. What do you think shall I buy ??

• @DoubleDouble said:
    I was considering buying from them. What do you think shall I buy ??

Nothing from Treudler.

• Still have my €9/quarter storage box and it’s been fine. Recently got IPv6 on it too.

• DoubleDouble said: I was considering buying from them. What do you think shall I buy ??

Don't buy from them. They will suspend your account if you push little load. And don't even think about torrenting.

• @samm said:

DoubleDouble said: I was considering buying from them. What do you think shall I buy ??

Don't buy from them. They will suspend your account if you push little load. And don't even think about torrenting.

It’s a €3 1TB storage box, to throw things onto and keep still. If you want to torrent, grab their normal products and they wont care.

• mikewazar said: If you want to torrent, grab their normal products and they wont care.

I am not specifically talking about torrenting. You can't use disk more than 90% so technically its not 1TB box and if you put a little load on disk they will immideatly suspend your services. If is okay only for cold storage box. Support ticket normally takes 1 week to respond. so if anyone is good with that then go for it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@samm said:

Its for backup only, worked fine, never got suspended.

I got like 7 active services, never run into that kind of issues.

• @samm said:

mikewazar said: If you want to torrent, grab their normal products and they wont care.

I am not specifically talking about torrenting. You can't use disk more than 90% so technically its not 1TB box and if you put a little load on disk they will immideatly suspend your services. If is okay only for cold storage box. Support ticket normally takes 1 week to respond. so if anyone is good with that then go for it.
    @samm said:

mikewazar said: If you want to torrent, grab their normal products and they wont care.

I have my disk full, so our experiences differ.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • I can absolutely confirm they will suspend you immediately after just pushing the cpu load. Got suspended twice, ridiculous... But I mean its 10 euros for 3m so you can't expect too much.

• What are people doing on these VPS's that's pushing CPU load?

I just use mine as a rsync slave so no issues so far

• caracal said: What are people doing on these VPS's that's pushing CPU load?

If I had to guess, heavy torrenting and media transcoding.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • My service has been great, support replies are slow but it’s a one man show from what I can tell and I pay next to fuckall so I can’t complain.

Will be renewing

• @caracal said:
    What are people doing on these VPS's that's pushing CPU load?

I just use mine as a rsync slave so no issues so far

what about encryption and or deduplication things? ever used encfs or borg? I think a storage vm should be allowed to handle my archives properly...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Neoon said:

@samm said:

Its for backup only, worked fine, never got suspended.

I got like 7 active services, never run into that kind of issues.

You never run into issues with them if you don't use any of their resources such as bandwidth, disk-usage, cpu-usage. The second you put any load on their servers, they will suspend your account and then cancel it.

Thanked by 1WebProject