Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consolidation of services(Looking for providers/solutions).
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Consolidation of services(Looking for providers/solutions).

RivaComRivaCom Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

So after thinking about it for a while, I figured there had to be a better solution to what I'm doing. Currently I have different services running on different providers and I'm paying them all. I figured maybe there was a way to get them all in 1 solution. Currently I have

512MB Minecraft server $4 a month (Through a Minecraft host)
30 person Mumble server at $3.35 a month (Through a mumble host)
a KVM VPS with 1GB of Ram, Dual Core CPU, 10GB SSD, and 1000GB of Bandwidth running a Killing Floor Server at $6.00 a month.

So I'm curious is there something that would be better at $13.35 a month that would handle all 3 and leave room for growth?(More Servers, more players in MC/Mumble). Or am I getting a decent deal here and should just leave it?

I will most likely also be looking for something similar in Europe(Something that might be able to handle Minecraft/Mumble/and a Game server or 2. I had ordered the Kimi 2g but looks like that will be canceled.

Comments

• Those are good prices, just keep em.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited July 2013

Check out Waveride, they're located in Austria.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

The restriction to only-EU with OVH is just during the landrush of the new Kimsufi servers. If you can wait, they will open up again for people living outside the Continent later.

• xsetxset Member

@ska are you certain? they said theyll setup 10000 servers in 20 days, if. its opened outside eu it will be another gold rush

• TsumeTsume Member

Get yourself a dedicated server, that'd be the simplest solution. But I don't think you'd find one strong enough around that price, so just stay with what you have. That's are pretty good prices.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Those are good prices, just keep em.

That's are pretty good prices.

Since when some shitty mumble-only server at $3.35 a month is a "good price"?
    There are VPSes cheaper than that which will easily handle this function, and worlds more.
    Dunno about the game servers though, for example if they require 50-100% CPU 24x7, you'd be better of with a dedi. If not, then again, for $7 you can find a 2GB VPS which will run both (and your Mumble too).

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    ska are you certain?

Yes, it's been discussed in the one of the OVH-threads, see here ie.: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/301763/#Comment_301763

For US-citizens:

• @RivaCom said:
    So after thinking about it for a while, I figured there had to be a better solution to what I'm doing. Currently I have different services running on different providers and I'm paying them all. I figured maybe there was a way to get them all in 1 solution. Currently I have

512MB Minecraft server $4 a month (Through a Minecraft host)
    30 person Mumble server at $3.35 a month (Through a mumble host)
    a KVM VPS with 1GB of Ram, Dual Core CPU, 10GB SSD, and 1000GB of Bandwidth running a Killing Floor Server at $6.00 a month.

So I'm curious is there something that would be better at $13.35 a month that would handle all 3 and leave room for growth?(More Servers, more players in MC/Mumble). Or am I getting a decent deal here and should just leave it?

I will most likely also be looking for something similar in Europe(Something that might be able to handle Minecraft/Mumble/and a Game server or 2. I had ordered the Kimi 2g but looks like that will be canceled.

Just out of interest where did you obtain the 1gb SSD KVM?

• Just keep them.
    If you host all services on a single server everything is gone if something is happening to this server.
    And all services have to share the same bandwith.

• We can offer you a minecraft dedicated server or a minecraft server that will meet your requirements just PM me

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2013

DotVPS offer some good hosting that seems to stand up above other providers I have tried.

Not sure on what you can get for that pricing.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited August 2013

@wych said:
    DotVPS offer some good hosting that seems to stand up above other providers I have tried.

Not sure on what you can get for that pricing.

I thought this place was an affiliate free zone ???

Ulterior motives, should we read everything with a pinch of salt ?