Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's cool on Storage VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's cool on Storage VPS?

2»

Comments

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Your should checkout our Offers. HOT OFF THE PRESS !!!!!

• Hxxx said:

Normally the best route is to take on the dedicated servers specials ... but a VPS is much simpler to manage than messing with hardware directly, raids, verifying disks, etc.

There's not really any difference.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • A lot actually.

@willie said:

Hxxx said:

Normally the best route is to take on the dedicated servers specials ... but a VPS is much simpler to manage than messing with hardware directly, raids, verifying disks, etc.

There's not really any difference.

• Hxxx said:

A lot actually.

I haven't found that with dedis, and I have 6 of them at the moment. You never actually touch the hardware. If something goes wrong with it, open a ticket and the host fixes it, not much different than a vps. Colocation where you actually physically deal with the boxes and parts is a whole nother story of course.

• You have to monitor your hard disks for errors and shit. I don't know why you are saying otherwise unless... you don't have any idea at all, which I highly doubt it.

@willie said:

Hxxx said:

A lot actually.

I haven't found that with dedis, and I have 6 of them at the moment. You never actually touch the hardware. If something goes wrong with it, open a ticket and the host fixes it, not much different than a vps. Colocation where you actually physically deal with the boxes and parts is a whole nother story of course.