Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anybody look buyvm ddos protection review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anybody look buyvm ddos protection review?

I remember talk with buyvm(maybe he name Francisca Fransico? anyway.)

i wish look buyvm user ddos protection review(how many protect without server-restart)

because i have plan to use buyvm

Comments

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited August 2017

Edit: Maybe that was in poor taste, removing.

Thanked by 2Francisco dwtbf
  • ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@advarisk said:
    See http://franned.it/ ... And you won't ever forget the name.

Tag it NSFW at least .. Jesus Christ

Thanked by 3Francisco Aidan dwtbf
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Our filtering works well :)

Francisco

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

...says the provider himself.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • They use Voxility for their DDoS Protection, which is good in some ways and terrible in others. What's your specific use case?

• ...says the provider himself.

His filtering works well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FoulFoul Member

Never had a problem.. Happy customer since with the ddos protection (LV). 2014 ish?

@CConner said:
    ...says the provider himself.

I've been pretty honest/transparent when we rock and when we suck.

The filtering works well or we wouldn't have people using it.

Francisco

• It worked well for websites, used to randomly drop connection on Teamspeak however so I had to move.

@rocket said:
    It worked well for websites, used to randomly drop connection on Teamspeak however so I had to move.

The bane of Voxility ;(

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FoulFoul Member

rocket said: It worked well for websites, used to randomly drop connection on Teamspeak however so I had to move.

It works well for my tcp protocol that's on 24/7 (with the ocassional hiccup like once a week)

• WSSWSS Member

@Francisco said:

Which is this?

@WSS said:

@Francisco said:

Which is this?

Rock. Solid.

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member

@Francisco said:

@WSS said:

@Francisco said:

Which is this?

Rock. Solid.

Francisco

That six pack comes with a few free pints?

@WSS said:

That's not a beer gut, that's a McDonalds gut.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Hxxx Junkless
  • WSSWSS Member

@Francisco said:

@WSS said:

Francisco

I'd rather admit to being an alcoholic.

Thanked by 2quick netomx

@WSS said:

@Francisco said:

@WSS said:

Francisco

I'd rather admit to being an alcoholic.

I've never had a drink in my life, nor done any drugs or anything like that. I'm very boring :P

I was quite light when i was in my mid 20's but working non stop on the company has led to me eating poorly and hardly sleeping.

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@Francisco said:
    I've never had a drink in my life, nor done any drugs or anything like that. I'm very boring :P

I was quite light when i was in my mid 20's but working non stop on the company has led to me eating poorly and hardly sleeping.

Word. Being a business owner completely destroys your health.

You should have a beer. It'll help you sleep.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Francisco said: I've never had a drink in my life, nor done any drugs or anything like that. I'm very boring

See that, @WSS? I was more frequently drunk than your mother, went through all the drugs in the world and you call me boring?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@Amitz said:

Francisco said: I've never had a drink in my life, nor done any drugs or anything like that. I'm very boring

See that, @WSS? I was more frequently drunk than your mother, went through all the drugs in the world and you call me boring?

You're German. Germans are boring. It's a cultural thing.

E: I wasn't a FAS baby. I was a FAST baby.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

They use Voxility and we use Voxility.

If you're being attacked, it's definitely better than nothing. If you're not really being attacked that often, you might have more trouble with it than it's worth. I remember we used it for our website for a short while until we set up different layers of protection, and our website would sometimes go down for a short period of time or slow down to an extreme level. So for websites, if you have the money, there's definitely better solutions. For the price and what you're getting, you can't really complain.

I can also confirm that it's terrible for Teamspeak (UDP), and probably not the best for gameservers and some other things, especially if the provider's servers are in a different location than the filtering.

We have had our fair share of issues with them, and don't think we'll be expanding it past one location. But would I use it on my own personal projects for $2 per month? Yes.

Thanked by 2WSS MikePT
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

WSS said: You're German. Germans are boring. It's a cultural thing stereotype.

We shall overcome.

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:

WSS said: You're German. Germans are boring. It's a cultural thing stereotype.

We shall overcome.

Didn't you learn about 70 years ago?

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

rocket said: It worked well for websites, used to randomly drop connection on Teamspeak however so I had to move.

Yeah i noticed it with our voxility too, good for websites but games or teamspeak will result in most likely package loss and highping, so i moved to @Kabeldamagement Combahton Protection for all my game services.

WSS said: You're German. Germans are boring. It's a cultural thing.

I always hear germans work too much, good thing im only half german ... well ... they say filipinos are lazy ... so it's even .. i guess ?

VirMach said: I can also confirm that it's terrible for Teamspeak (UDP), and probably not the best for gameservers and some other things, especially if the provider's servers are in a different location than the filtering.

Had a lot of false positives for rust gameservers back then ... because rust is just spamming packages like crazy, if it's better now i can't tell.

VirMach said: We have had our fair share of issues with them, and don't think we'll be expanding it past one location. But would I use it on my own personal projects for $2 per month? Yes.

Voxility is quiet inexpensive if you pay for whole ip nets (under 80€ a month per /24), but i know some providers taking like 20€ for it on dedicated servers.

WSS said: Didn't you learn about 70 years ago?

?

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
  • uni13uni13 Member
    edited August 2017

@Francisco said:
    Our filtering works well :)

Francisco

my question: Now big samp (GTA sa multi game) server use to your service and good prevent ddos attack?

and.. buyvm is just 'ovh server'? or 'ovh game server'?

• WSSWSS Member

@Francisco When can we get a new picture? We want our McDeal.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited August 2017

Voxility protection? A big NO if you are in Asia specially East/South Asia because their sensor are completely blocking whole ISPs in this region when the filtering is activated during attacks or when you switch on the always filter mode of their protection.

Try OVH Game or Corero and add Cloudflare (with under attack mode) + Nginx in front if you also need to stop layer 7 attacks.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @WebGuru said:
    Voxility protection? A big NO if you are in Asia specially East/South Asia because their sensor are completely blocking whole ISPs in this region when the filtering is activated during attacks or when you switch on the always filter mode of their protection.

Try OVH Game or Corero and add Cloudflare (with under attack mode) + Nginx in front if you also need to stop layer 7 attacks.

Thank you forigner!

my server is asian server. that`s no problem??

um...i have question
    buyvm=ovh game server?
    or buyvm just ovh sevrer?
    because ovh 'game' server is game-server ddos protect very well..
    tell to me. :D

(little english sorry)

• @uni13 said:

@WebGuru said:

Thank you forigner!

um...i have question
    buyvm=ovh game server?

(little english sorry)

nope. BuyVM is NOT OVH (nor OVH reseller). And as far as i know Voxility's peering to asia is bad.

• @sanvit said:

@uni13 said:

@WebGuru said:

Thank you forigner!

um...i have question
    buyvm=ovh game server?

(little english sorry)

nope. BuyVM is NOT OVH (nor OVH reseller). And as far as i know Voxility's peering to asia is bad.

you know samp?

tell me recommand ovh game server reseller plz
    (i see soyoustart but they server in only france and canada that`s very high ping..)
    Thankyou sanvit!