Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10Gbps Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10Gbps Server

2»

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2017

graphic said: 30TB traffic outgoing. No one can beat that price.

Sure. Because this port is also shared; unlike on Gbit hetzner does not guarantee it.

It is however likely still one of the most reasonable options to get 10G on a useful server for cheap.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

graphic said: @CConner said:

graphic said: @127001 We're using Hetzner EX41-SSD Raid0 (39$) + Flexipack (12,61$) + 10gbps port (39$) = 90,61$

30TB traffic outgoing. No one can beat that price.

Are you getting 10 Gbps consistently? Looking to get a 10 Gbit port on our server too.

In germany yes. We're hitting always the max ssd raid0 speed. Don't know how it performs to other countries. Would you like me to test something?

You have to keep in mind that they got seperate 10gbps racks. There're to options:

Moving the server to this rack (costs about 90€ incl. vat)

Ordering a new server and filling out the comment field

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Did not know this was an option, it's very affordable too.

Can you test this test file from 10Gbps.io? http://ams.download.10gbps.io/10000mb.bin

• @CConner said:

graphic said: @CConner said:

graphic said: @127001 We're using Hetzner EX41-SSD Raid0 (39$) + Flexipack (12,61$) + 10gbps port (39$) = 90,61$

30TB traffic outgoing. No one can beat that price.

Are you getting 10 Gbps consistently? Looking to get a 10 Gbit port on our server too.

In germany yes. We're hitting always the max ssd raid0 speed. Don't know how it performs to other countries. Would you like me to test something?

You have to keep in mind that they got seperate 10gbps racks. There're to options:

Moving the server to this rack (costs about 90€ incl. vat)

Ordering a new server and filling out the comment field

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Did not know this was an option, it's very affordable too.

Can you test this test file from 10Gbps.io? http://ams.download.10gbps.io/10000mb.bin

It only accepts one connection with for example aria2c, about 2gpbs average.
    I started it five times, then it hits 6gbps with an average of 5gbps.

The Raid0 ssd speed throttled.

You should order a server with two nvme's or with more than two ssd's

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

you can try downloading to >/dev/null to avoid I/O bottleneck.

• CConner said: Can you test this test file from 10Gbps.io? http://ams.download.10gbps.io/10000mb.bin

Inbound is good at any ISP. Outbound matters. 95% of servers will not use any relevant inbound.

Thus this test proves nothing at all.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@William said:

CConner said: Can you test this test file from 10Gbps.io? http://ams.download.10gbps.io/10000mb.bin

Inbound is good at any ISP. Outbound matters. 95% of servers will not use any relevant inbound.

Thus this test proves nothing at all.

How would you go about it?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@acidpuke said:
    Leaseweb has 10Gbps on their VPS line I just checked mine

https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

@Clouvider said:

@blackjack4494 said:

@acidpuke said:
    Leaseweb has 10Gbps on their VPS line I just checked mine

Wait what. I can only find those 1gbps :o

Link speed means nothing.

IIRc with VMware, for example, your VMs would all have 10G link speed, even if your dedi would be connected with 100M link only.

Correct. In this case its just the VirtIO drivers.

• Nope

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:
    Nope

I really wanted to take a picture for you today... it rained last night and I had given the Cawp Cawh a wash two days ago. It looked absolutely awesome- shiny and black (except where white). Then I got distracted by actual work and forgot all about it.

Sure is pretty!

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:m
    Nope

I really wanted to take a picture for you today... it rained last night and I had given the Cawp Cawh a wash two days ago. It looked absolutely awesome- shiny and black (except where white). Then I got distracted by actual work and forgot all about it.

Sure is pretty!

Yer killin me smallz!!!!!!

Find me a router ya yeti ass!!!

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:m
    Nope

Sure is pretty!

Yer killin me smallz!!!!!!

Find me a router ya yeti ass!!!

Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die; follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong.

I thought you were going to buy an MT, you hairless cat.

• I did but this router os sucks ass!

Can't even access security settings. Click the damned button it just looks at you stupidly, and does nothing.

• WSSWSS Member

What? The DD-WRTurd? You must have really screwed up the NVRAM.

• I did not do shit to this thing. It is stock and for awhile looks like it will always be stock.

Piece of advice DO NOT BUY an AC1750. The OS Sucks ass and works when it wants to work. Even the 5G sucks balls. 90 bucks for a useless Paperweight most of the time, at least for streaming anyways.

• WSSWSS Member

The only AC1750 worth a shit is the Arcer, not the Netgear.

If you want me to dredge up a 3700 or something I'll find one, but I thought we had this conversation already, you drunken bastard.