Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10Gbps Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10Gbps Server

The only requirements are a 10Gbps+ link and an SSD or very fast RAID HDD. VPS or dedicated. Very low hardware and bandwidth requirements. Will use significantly less than 1TB transfer per month.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Budget ? Location ?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Require 10Gbps but will use significantly less than 1TB/month? With a 10Gbps port you can transfer 1TB in like 10-20 minutes.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Pwner
  • 127001127001 Member
    edited August 2017

Any location. I don't know what a decently low price is for this. I'd probably go with the lowest price offer. This is for a "for fun" type project so I'm not willing to spend much.
    EDIT: It will be long term, most likely.

Clouvider said:

Budget ? Location ?

• For US, Catalyst Host has some 10Gbps servers in Seattle. SpeedyKVM has 10Gbps in Seattle and NYC. Both providers are on Incero network.

Thanked by 2Aidan SpeedyKVM
  • https://contabo.com/
    you can buy dedicated server from contabo , cheap prices

• https://contabo.com/ you can buy dedicated server from contabo , cheap prices

Did you read his post at all? The servers you are linking come with 100mbps/1gbps

• @Aidan said:

https://contabo.com/ you can buy dedicated server from contabo , cheap prices

Did you read his post at all? The servers you are linking come with 100mbps/1gbps

He needs 1tb bandwidth at months . why someone needs 10gbps port if he doesn't use so much bandwidth . dedicated servers with 10gbps are expensive . A2hosting come 10 Gb/s Redundant Network .

• emghemgh Member

Since it's for a fun project, why not use Hosthatch? Surely you won't get 10gbps our of it, but you do get a 10gbps port for fairly cheap. Take a look!

• https://kms-hosting.com/rootserver

10Gbit/s Network (shared)
    Fast RAID10 Storage

Less than 5 Euro/month

• emgh said: won't get 10gbps

I need to get 10Gbps reliably at any given time or there's no point in my getting the server. I don't need a complete shit-tier server.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@127001 said:

emgh said: won't get 10gbps

I need to get 10Gbps reliably at any given time or there's no point in my getting the server. I don't need a complete shit-tier server.

You're on LowEndTalk though.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Wants a god-tier server for a shit-tier price... not gonna happen unless you pay the big bucks.

• MasonR said: Wants a god-tier server for a shit-tier price... not gonna happen unless you pay the big bucks.

I didn't say I wanted some $5 server. I want reliable 10Gbps, fast hard drive, and only 1TB transfer for the lowest price offered. I'll pay 10s of dollars USD, not 100s.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@127001 said:

MasonR said: Wants a god-tier server for a shit-tier price... not gonna happen unless you pay the big bucks.

I didn't say I wanted some $5 server. I want reliable 10Gbps, fast hard drive, and only 1TB transfer for the lowest price offered. I'll pay 10s of dollars USD, not 100s.

Right. But you say you want to be able to reach 10 Gbps at any point in time, which isn't a possibility to be garunteed at this pricepoint.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @127001 said:

MasonR said: Wants a god-tier server for a shit-tier price... not gonna happen unless you pay the big bucks.

$10/m is a lot money for 10 gbps right?

Thanked by 2Aidan inklight
  • You might check out tier.net, definitely not $7/month but I have a 10gb port on a &110/month machine in Dallas. Been very happy with them.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Rent a Vultr 10Gbps (shared) VPS for 1hour and download that 1TB.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2017

Leaseweb has 10Gbps on their VPS line I just checked mine

https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

• 127001 said: I didn't say I wanted some $5 server. I want reliable 10Gbps, fast hard drive, and only 1TB transfer for the lowest price offered. I'll pay 10s of dollars USD, not 100s.

You fail to understand how transit works.

The ISP gets 95% billing or flatrate ports, at 95% you get depending on region up to avg. x10 burst - thus for your 10Gbps that you want available nearly/entirely unshared the ISP has to commit 1G transit. You however only use 1TB/mo which are barely 3Mbit.

Sure, peering does reduce this cost as well (you can assume half+), but 10G ports with no high contention are not available for 25$ or something like that.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
  • I believe HostUS does 10Gbit nodes But no one is going to give you a dedicated 10Gbit/sec for 1 Tb/month

This doesnt make any sense

IF you could tell more about your FUN project the forum members would help you out

other than that

Not possible

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited August 2017

@127001 We're using Hetzner EX41-SSD Raid0 (39$) + Flexipack (12,61$) + 10gbps port (39$) = 90,61$

30TB traffic outgoing. No one can beat that price.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

graphic said: @127001 We're using Hetzner EX41-SSD Raid0 (39$) + Flexipack (12,61$) + 10gbps port (39$) = 90,61$

Are you getting 10 Gbps consistently? Looking to get a 10 Gbit port on our server too.

• Vultr has 10Gbps

• @acidpuke said:

Wait what. I can only find those 1gbps :o

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@blackjack4494 said:

@acidpuke said:

Link speed means nothing.

IIRc with VMware, for example, your VMs would all have 10G link speed, even if your dedi would be connected with 100M link only.

Thanked by 4vpsGOD nice J1021 MikePT
  • @Clouvider said:

@blackjack4494 said:

@acidpuke said:

Link speed means nothing.

IIRc with VMware, for example, your VMs would all have 10G link speed, even if your dedi would be connected with 100M link only.

Yeah okay. I just thought acidpuke even tested it

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Nobody will be able to provide you a dedicated 10Gbps port without a bigger bandwidth commitment.

A provider offering shared/contended? Maybe. But for a dedicated 10Gbps port, it's a big risk to the provider and their requirement to maintain capacity of that port size would be much greater... min 1Gbps.

If you only need to transfer 1TB/mo.. just go 1Gbps like everyone else.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @CConner said:

graphic said: @127001 We're using Hetzner EX41-SSD Raid0 (39$) + Flexipack (12,61$) + 10gbps port (39$) = 90,61$

Are you getting 10 Gbps consistently? Looking to get a 10 Gbit port on our server too.

In germany yes. We're hitting always the max ssd raid0 speed.
    Don't know how it performs to other countries. Would you like me to test something?

You have to keep in mind that they got seperate 10gbps racks.
    There're to options:

1. Moving the server to this rack (costs about 90€ incl. vat)
    2. Ordering a new server and filling out the comment field
  • Just grab a Vultr or Linode