Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Testing OVH - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Testing OVH

13»

Comments

• xsetxset Member
    edited July 2013

Someone said there are like 10 000 orders now for Kimsufi servers. They are still accepting orders and taking money but they are not even processing the orders since last Friday. They are pending manual check. Ovh said though that all will get their 3 machines max. It can take 10 days until they start processing orders again. My mini SPs havent been delivered either although there is stock available. What kind of company cant get their orders fixed in 4 business days without impacting deliveries of higher end servers? They're frozen.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    Someone said there are like 10 000 orders now for Kimsufi servers. They are still accepting orders and taking money but they are not even processing the orders since last Friday. They are pending manual check. Ovh said though that all will get their 3 machines max. It can take 10 days until they start processing orders again. My mini SPs havent been delivered either although there is stock available. What kind of company cant get their orders fixed in 4 business days without impacting deliveries of higher end servers? They're frozen.

They either have all the parts and racks for those, or ways to get them fast.

if they manage to pull 10k KS in a week/10 days, a big bravo to them.

If they don't, it will become just ridiculous.

However, I believe most of those orders are either cancelled already or do not qualify in the new conditions, many ppl order just in the hope it will pass somehow.

• iSkyiSky Member

@rm_ said:
    Who are you talking to right now?

i mean the OVH :D
    it was bad to only EU resident may order it
    wasting time now

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

i mean the OVH

I know. But it was kind of funny. There are no OVH representatives here, let alone anyone who makes decisions of that kind.

• xsetxset Member

@maounique 5000 this week and rest 5000 in 20 days, they can install 10,000 per month I think

• rds100rds100 Member

10K per month max? This means it would take whole 3 years to fill this entire datacenter (with capacity for 350k servers).

• lycidelycide Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    maounique 5000 this week and rest 5000 in 20 days, they can install 10,000 per month I think

Where'd you get 10k per month from? I doubt it's that low but if you have a source then that is interesting.

• skaska Member

@xset said:
    maounique 5000 this week and rest 5000 in 20 days, they can install 10,000 per month I think

@rds100 said:
    10K per month max? This means it would take whole 3 years to fill this entire datacenter (with capacity for 350k servers).

@lycide said:
    Where'd you get 10k per month from?

Ah, well. Popcorn-time.

• xsetxset Member

@lycide they installed 7000 servers in November 2012, I guess that was their busiest month so far. Oles has tweeted that they install 5000 KS servers this week and another 5000 in 20 days.
    I dont think a lot happens during weekends for server setups so its about 10,000 - 15,000 servers/month max at GRA location.

• lycidelycide Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    lycide they installed 7000 servers in November 2012, I guess that was their busiest month so far. Oles has tweeted that they install 5000 KS servers this week and another 5000 in 20 days.
    I dont think a lot happens during weekends for server setups so its about 10,000 - 15,000 servers/month max at GRA location.

It can't be that low, surely. 5000 over 20 days is 250 per day. Assuming a working day of 8 hours thats only 30 an hour. They say their techs can build new servers in 20 mins so that makes only ten staff building new servers. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that seem a bit low?

Unless they're out of stock on parts, of course.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2013

It isn't low. It's not just about assembling the servers. You have to rack them too. Then run cables. Perform some tests (hopefully). It all adds up.
    Until they invent some robots that can build / rack / connect servers automatically, it can be sped up only so much. Oh wait, i think these robots were already invented - it's called virtualization.

• xsetxset Member

@lycide each setup is tested for 5 hours before giving to customer

• lycidelycide Member

@xset said:
    lycide each setup is tested for 5 hours before giving to customer

Didn't know that applied to kimsufi too.

@rds100 said:
    It isn't low. It's not just about assembling the servers. You have to rack them too. Then run cables. Perform some tests (hopefully). It all adds up.
    Until they invent some robots that can build / rack / connect servers automatically, it can be sped up only so much. Oh wait, i think these robots were already invented - it's called virtualization.

The 10 staff building new servers surely wouldn't be the same ones installing them, right?

• xsetxset Member

@lycide it does apply, the hdd had power on time 5 hours for new installs on kimsufis

• xsetxset Member

so expect late orders to take 20 days instead of 1-10 they say

• lycidelycide Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    lycide it does apply, the hdd had power on time 5 hours for new installs on kimsufis

Ok.

You can imagine they are giving priority to more expensive orders, I did not say they install 10 k servers in total, i was referring to 10 k KS of the 3 Eur/mo kind, all in one dc.

And that is if we consider they have all the parts ready which I doubt very much.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

I think they should have done it the opposite way, ie, slowly drop the price from 10 Euro and slowly increase the sales, now they have a big backlog and all the tickets/phone calls/tweets/etc causing them grief.... I bet African children dying of hunger do not make this much fuss as some of the people have made in the other thread! It's ONLY a server, if you don't get it it WON'T kill you.

• my order cancelled .how to order ovh 2 euro server?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@ttsaon move to the EU.

Or wait for a while, they promissed (and some people seem to believe this is true) to open this offer to non-eu people too.

• skaska Member

@Maounique said:
    Or wait for a while, they promissed (and some people seem to believe this is true) to open this offer to non-eu people too.

Anything we don't know why OVH won't open up Kimsufi orders for non-EU?

• @ska they might decide to open it up, if/when they have more stock than orders.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I added yesterday a 22 Slots TF2 Jailbreak, 37.187.0.127:27021 atm 10 Players on it and get daily more so you can check this if you are interested.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Update: 22 slots are working well