Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap storage for backup - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap storage for backup

2»

Comments

• @marson said:
    How long it usually take to deliver one?

I ordered one two weeks ago and it took about a day and a half to activate. That being said, I received it on a Saturday, so it's clear to me they're hard at work.

• Can anyone tell me what average speeds you have between online.net and ZXHost? I will be using ZXHost VPS mainly to transfer DirectAdmin backup tarballs of account that are hosted on my online.net dedicated server onto it so that is important. I checked looking glass site how ping will perform between their server and my dedicated in online, and it is look very promising but I am curious of yours day to day experience.

Some time ago my colleague had an storage VPS in https://hosthatch.com/ and he send daily about 50 GB and after about 2 weeks hosthatch told him that his activity degrades theirs array and they suspend his account despite the fact that bandwidtch limit was not exceeded. So I am doupt if something simikar will happen on ZXHost?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2017

Just did a rsync Online DC3 -> ZXHost:

sent 43 bytes received 2,148,008,033 bytes 15,288,313.71 bytes/sec

Speeds vary widely, from 2 to 30 MB/s, as the storage backend is struggling for life...

• @Shot2 said:
    Just did a rsync Online DC3 -> ZXHost:

sent 43 bytes received 2,148,008,033 bytes 15,288,313.71 bytes/sec

Thank you for your help it is look really good with such price vs storage ratio.

• Thank you for your help it is look really good with such price vs storage ratio.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited August 2017

Hello again I really don't know what to do. I paid for the VPS at 17/08/2017, till now I don't have a VPS so I opened a support ticket a day after without a respond and today my ticket was closed without any response or explanation. Then I get the e-mail to review support experience. here is entire ticket

https://i.imgur.com/oua605i.jpg
    sorry for such link but I cannot insert the image in any other way, it simply displays blank space instead of image when I use insert image button.

I really understand that I have to wait, especially for such price and I wouldn't like to open a PayPal dispute due to good opinion here, I am a webhoster amd linux administrator so I can unerstand that sometimes this can take a bit longer especially with low budget in mind but... when somebody telling about 24h activation then couple days later close the ticket without any response and the service is still not available that is confusing to put it mildly.
    Can anyone advice me what should I do? In addition when I ask some questions before buy the responses was very fast, in the mater of hours.

• ehabehab Member

did you try to pm him here? strange its taking too long! he should also compensation with time if this is the case.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited August 2017

@ehab said:
    did you try to pm him here? strange its taking too long! he should also compensation with time if this is the case.

Yes - I sent the PM to AshleyUK about a day after purchase, no reply. And now I sent second one. OK, I will wait to tomorrow and if I will still have no acces to the VPS then I will open a PayPal dispute. I think I am patient enough especially if my ticked was closed without any reply.

• August 17 was just a few days ago and it's been taking longer than that to set those vps up. Did you look in the thread? I think he said that there. If you don't want it any more I'd suggest ticketing that you want to cancel the order and get a refund, before opening a dispute. But I'd say just wait. Mine took almost a week.

• @marson i think the ticket was automatically closed by the server, it happened to me on multiple occasions.

• cezcez Member

Happened to me too yesterday. Reopened the ticket earlier today and had my addon sorted within 1h.

• @marson

To paste an Imgur link on LET, right click on the image on Imgur, click "Copy image address" and use that instead.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited August 2017

I just get a VPS a while ago ;)
    EDIT my happyness was too early :( I cannot do anything, the server is marked as stopped, I cannot power it on, I cannot connect to NoVNC console, I am also unable to mount any other ISO than debian 7, or change the boot order to boot from CD-ROM first nothing works. Of course I raise the ticked and waiting for the answer.

• Remember how it's provisionned manually. Takes some time to setup etc.

• Another vote for zxhost. They occasionally run some insane deals on here! I got 1Tb for £25 per year.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited August 2017

@michaels said:
    Another vote for zxhost. They occasionally run some insane deals on here! I got 1Tb for £25 > per year.

I bought server from them and it is still not operational, the last reply from yesterdau at about 7 pm was that the 1 TB storage is formatting and after that the server will be up and running, however today I am still unable to use the VPS - OK I am still waiting ;)

• @AshleyUK how are you doing over there?

Fwiw I got email a few days ago that my server was provisioned, but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I have another one from earlier in the year that's been working great. I do remember having to do some gyrations to mount the CD and install. It's running Debian 8 so it's weird if Debian 7 is the only image you can find.

• OK - to be honest, quick update...
    1. ZXhost's VPS panel is... weird, I wasn't able to power up the VPS on Firefox but on Internet Explorer it is working OK, the same goes for other operations like, start, stop or reboot the server, with firefox it fails, with Internet explorer works flawlessly.
    2. after running the server I am unable to login via SSH by root password I provided (password incorrect). Changing password via control panel didn't work either so now I am reinstalling the OS from scratch via mounted centos ISO.