Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch has just introduced NVMe dedicated CPU KVM servers

12346»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2018

@Clouvider said:
    Applications are goods.

VPS are services. The moment the service is rendered; I.e. the work has started on handing it over to you, you have zero rights to a refund under this particular procedure.

Same as you can’t half way trough the haircut decide you want a refund simply because of the 14 days return procedure under EU law

Same as you can’t half way through your car being washed decide you want a refund under the same procedure.

Same as you can’t claim a refund under the same procedure when painter paints your walls, finished half of them and you decided you simply want to return this service under the EU directive.

World doesn’t Turn only around yourself. It doesn’t work like that.

Now whether someone gives you money back, bans you and lists you on Fraudrecord right after, to avoid the headache of dealing with your completely unreasonable demands for a $2.5 Service , it’s yet another story.

Exactly. EU law protects customers a lot but that doesn't mean that customers can do whatever they want.

We had a guy that got to our livechat and asked us if we would refund him during the first 14 days and we told him that we would not refund under any circumstances. He told us that refunds were mandatory as per EU laws and said that he could signup for a 100k emails plan, use the full quota, and get a refund.

I obviously told him that he was not welcome to signup for our services and his order would be cancelled right away.

Some people are just damn abusive by nature.

• @MikePT said:
    Some people are just damn abusive entitled by nature.

Thanked by 3Aidan MikePT FHR
  • sinsin Member

@emgh said:
    Does anyone know if I can get the smallest KVM SSD and upgrade it later on? Will all resources get upgraded? How am I doing this? For how long would it be down?

There's an upgrade button in their panel but I've never tried it

• AleksioAleksio Member
    edited March 2018

@Clouvider said:
    Applications are goods.

VPS are services. The moment the service is rendered; I.e. the work has started on handing it over to you, you have zero rights to a refund under this particular procedure.

Same as you can’t half way trough the haircut decide you want a refund simply because of the 14 days return procedure under EU law

Actually, with (digital) services ordered online, there is a 14 day cooling off period. Afaik law states that services should be delivered after 14 days, or immediately when the customer requests so.
    If you deliver services immediately (before the 14 days ran out) without explicit approval of the customer, they're entitled to their 14 days cooling off period...

This is only for services/goods ordered online, so the comparison with haircuts and autowashes is incorrect.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Aleksio said:

@Clouvider said:
    Applications are goods.

Actually, with (digital) services ordered online, there is a 14 day cooling off period. Afaik law states that services should be delivered after 14 days, or immediately when the customer requests so. If you deliver services immediately (before the 14 days ran out) without explicit approval of the customer, they're entitled to their 14 days cooling off period... This is only for services/goods ordered online, so the comparison with haircuts and autowashes is incorrect.

That’s as far as I know correct. However, if you have spesificly told a client that he is not allowed to order and that he is not welcome and he continues ro abuse your services I wouln’t be suprised if you had the right to not refund, since he probably wouln’t go to court if he was mail-abusing comsistantly and then requesting a refund.

• AleksioAleksio Member
    edited March 2018

I doubt any consumer would go to court anyways (as the ordered value is mostly too low to go to court over), and I thought it didn't apply to businesses as customer, but correct me if I'm wrong.

You can also easily fix it by simply adding a checkbox to your orderform where the customer approves the immediate/asap delivery of services and that they acknowledge their right of cooling off period is waived.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@avirahost_com said:
    Have any promo now?

Nothing at the moment. We'll have a few in the beginning of the next week.

@emgh said:
    Does anyone know if I can get the smallest KVM SSD and upgrade it later on? Will all resources get upgraded? How am I doing this? For how long would it be down?

The upgrades are instant, you will need to reboot and resize the disk manually.

Thanked by 2bersy sin
  • bersybersy Member

sin said: Sooo does anyone by chance have a recent benchmark (or some network speeds) of their Netherlands location?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2899.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 4.9 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 1000 MB (905 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 63 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 1 hour 15 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.01, 0.05
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 8
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.16.0-4-amd64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 551 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 583 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 695 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 609.7 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         137MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          9.18MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            11.0MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           162MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           193MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             7.81MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           14.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          8.15MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            84.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           10.5MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          7.47MB/s

Thanked by 3uptime sin hosthatch
  • sinsin Member

Abdullah said: We'll have a few in the beginning of the next week.

I'm def waiting on this :) I'm enjoying my Hosthatch LA VPS right now and looking to pick up more

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @sin said:
    I'm def waiting on this :) I'm enjoying my Hosthatch LA VPS right now and looking to pick up more

I missed out on a sweet offer they had late last year. Hopefully, I can get in on what they have next.

Thanked by 1hosthatch