Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs expoit patch - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs expoit patch

13»

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

@fileMEDIA yep, the same here.
    A workaround can be adding this in configuration.php:

function db_escaoe_string($strtoesc) {
      return db_escape_string($strtoesc);
    }

Of course this is temporary solution until WHMCS bothers to release a patch. I opened a ticket with them about this, still haven't got a reply.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited July 2013

A thanks, i got a reply. No upgrade without any problems..

Hi Johannes,

I've been able to replicate this issue on my end as well, and do find this to be an issue within the software. I've opened case #2949 with our developers in order to have this resolved for future releases. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

http://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

If you notice any bugs in future, please use our new bug reporting tool at http://bugs.whmcs.com

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@rds100 said:

> function db_escaoe_string($strtoesc) {
    >   return db_escape_string($strtoesc);
    > }
    > 

Fail..

• OxideOxide Member

@qps said:
    Just received this response from WHMCS:

Have they released an update to fix the addon problem yet?

Chris

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@Oxide said:
    Have they released an update to fix the addon problem yet?

I asked for an update but didn't receive a response yet.

• johnjohn Member
    edited July 2013

Has a fix been released for the addon bug?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Hello,

>

The case has been investigated and code has been merged for release 5.2.7. We expect this build to publish within the next hour. Please watch our blog: blog.whmcs.com for the release notes and then apply the patch.

>

Have a great day,

>

Nate C

Just received this from WHMCS.

Thanked by 1Oxide
  • OxideOxide Member

Yep looks like it's released: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=76514

• OxideOxide Member

I just finished upgrading and can confirm that creating an addon for an existing product/service now works.

• Are you able to process upgrades/downgrades from the admin side without issue? Seems to be an issue published.

• pylodepylode Member
    edited July 2013

LOL? http://puu.sh/3N7br/c30a09bec6.png

Update: Nevermind, loads now..

• smansman Member

Anyone using SolusVM WHMCS module having problems creating new clients since these updates? I get "cannot create client" error and it tries to make the username the same as the hostname which is really strange. Communication with Solus master is fine and all other module functions seem to work ok. Can also create new products for existing clients. It's only when creating new clients.

• GallusGallus Member

Do I understand correctly that you aplly these updates in your live systems? That sounds risky to me for an application that handles all your orders. It would make more sense to update a test installation, run a standard test that covers most of your daily proces and when succesfull update the live system.

Thanked by 1ska
  • @sman said:
    Anyone using SolusVM WHMCS module having problems creating new clients since these updates? I get "cannot create client" error and it tries to make the username the same as the hostname which is really strange. Communication with Solus master is fine and all other module functions seem to work ok. Can also create new products for existing clients. It's only when creating new clients.

I haven't been having issues with this

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

There must be something else going on if nobody else is having that problem. I tried creating a new sign up user and it worked. I think maybe it didn't like the password the customer chose. That would be a first so still not convinced that's it. It was definitely complicated enough. Are there any illegal symbols or combination that whmcs will reject in a password?

• @Gallus said:
    Do I understand correctly that you aplly these updates in your live systems? That sounds risky to me for an application that handles all your orders. It would make more sense to update a test installation, run a standard test that covers most of your daily proces and when succesfull update the live system.

Since we buy from WHMCS direct we do have a DEV license to run a test instance. It does get updated on there 1st. Sometimes you can't test every scenario though.