Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Miscommunication - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Miscommunication

2»

Comments

• @doghouch said:

@dcgoncalves said:

@doghouch said:
    @dcgoncalves Any reason the title is "Arrogant Child"? It makes no sense.

Because he told me something, changed his mind, did not apologize, said I was wrong, and still closed the ticket. Attitude of an arrogant child.

I still don't get why they're an "arrogant child." Why would you call them that? Do you even know what arrogant means?

Edit: there's no point in arguing. You seem to believe that calling a company names is the way to go.

That said, you're spamming their support desk on a service that costs less than 1/5th of my typical McDonald's order.

I do not want any more of this company, I have already canceled all my services.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@dcgoncalves said:

@doghouch said:

@dcgoncalves said:

@doghouch said:
    @dcgoncalves Any reason the title is "Arrogant Child"? It makes no sense.

Because he told me something, changed his mind, did not apologize, said I was wrong, and still closed the ticket. Attitude of an arrogant child.

I still don't get why they're an "arrogant child." Why would you call them that? Do you even know what arrogant means?

Edit: there's no point in arguing. You seem to believe that calling a company names is the way to go.

That said, you're spamming their support desk on a service that costs less than 1/5th of my typical McDonald's order.

I do not want any more of this company, I have already canceled all my services.

You brought this upon yourself.

I suggest you leave with the tiny dignity you have.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@dcgoncalves said:
    I have nothing to hide, I have manliness to expose what I think.
    If a company puts me on the blacklist and does not accept me as a customer, great, it's a favor that makes me, as this only demonstrates that it is not a serious business.

"manliness" uh... So now this is about showing how "macho" you are for "exposing" your own personal opinion. This has nothing to do with "manliness", please stop there as you are exposing yourself as a sexist pig.

Serious businesses aren't going to accept customers based on how "manliness" they are, you have a really skewed view of how a successful "serious business" operates.

Wow! He called me a sexist pig! I was worried. I will not be able to sleep tonight.

• Service is a pretty generic term, as with most legal mum-bo-jumbo it comes down to how you define it. If the agreement was something along the lines of "Every active server has one free mitigation" I believe you would have a pretty good reason to be annoyed.
    However 'service' is simply the act of supplying the product, supplying 100 virtual machines to a client is still only supplying the client with a singular service of hosting the machine's.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Umcookies said:
    Service is a pretty generic term, as with most legal mum-bo-jumbo it comes down to how you define it. If the agreement was something along the lines of "Every active server has one free mitigation" I believe you would have a pretty good reason to be annoyed.
    However 'service' is simply the act of supplying the product, supplying 100 virtual machines to a client is still only supplying the client with a singular service of hosting the machine's.

As I said earlier, the support didn’t attempt to explain and didn’t apologize for the error, it simply said that I was forcing and closed the ticket. Support didn’t try to understand what I was arguing about.

• Mark_O_PoloMark_O_Polo Member
    edited August 2017

Several things of note:

From the DeepNet Solutions website:

This is a self managed service without support.
    You are completely responsible for your own data and backups.
    This service doesn't have an SLA. It's not intend for production services.
    We do NOT tolerate any kind of Abuse, Spam, Torrent, etc. If you need more information about this rule, please open a ticket with us to discuss them further.

So you asked for migration support, got a migration for free, asked for another one and then got told a reasonable support fee for their trouble, came on LET complained, and then said the below.

@dcgoncalves said:
    If he does not do migrations for free then he should have said forever, it would be more honorable. I did not even have to migrate the data in fact, it would just disable in one location and activate in another.

SO it would appear your really didn't even need a migration. It was a matter of convenience? Geez. You obviously don't respect their time. Cancel the your vps service, and then spin up the new location.

Gestion DBI also indicated:

David Boisvert 04/08/2017 12:47:49 Rate my response Hi,

This is not the first migration in you account, it's will be the third one:

View ticket: 583038 and 380060.

So if you still want a migration, you will need to add $15 in account funds and then >update the ticket so we can proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In your original post you mentioned you received one free migration. But they referenced multiple tickets. Enuf said.... Sure LET is low cost, and we like free, but you gotta pay the piper as well.

• lionlion Member

And i thought discussions about 3$ at a flea market are useless.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

dcgoncalves said: As I said earlier, the support didn’t attempt to explain and didn’t apologize for the error, it simply said that I was forcing and closed the ticket. Support didn’t try to understand what I was arguing about.

I agree that they could have tried to clarify their use of service, but your final reply before the ticket was closed was needlessly aggressive.

At any rate, as others have already said, it's important to bear in mind that migrations require effort on the part of a provider, and so there's no reason to expect that even a single migration should be free.

• dcgoncalvesdcgoncalves Member
    edited August 2017

@Mark_O_Polo said:
    Several things of note:

From Gestion DBI website:

This is a self managed service without support.
    You are completely responsible for your own data and backups.
    This service doesn't have an SLA. It's not intend for production services.
    We do NOT tolerate any kind of Abuse, Spam, Torrent, etc. If you need more information about this rule, please open a ticket with us to discuss them further.

So you asked for migration support, got a migration for free, asked for another one and then got told a reasonable support fee for their trouble, came on LET complained, and then said the below.

@dcgoncalves said:
    If he does not do migrations for free then he should have said forever, it would be more honorable. I did not even have to migrate the data in fact, it would just disable in one location and activate in another.

SO it would appear your really didn't even need a migration. It was a matter of convenience? Geez. You obviously don't respect their time. Cancel the your vps service, and then spin up the new location.

Gestion DBI also indicated:

David Boisvert 04/08/2017 12:47:49 Rate my response Hi,

So if you still want a migration, you will need to add $15 in account funds and then >update the ticket so we can proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

In your original post you mentioned you received one free migration. But they referenced multiple tickets. Enuf said.... Sure LET is low cost, and we like free, but you gotta pay the piper as well.

This service that I requested the migration is not a LES, but a regular service.

When the previous migration was done, also from a regular service, it was not said that I was only entitled to a free migration, and this is also not written on the company website.

When I requested the migration of the other service, they did not tell me that I could only do one free migration per "account", but one per "service". If it was a mistake, the support should at least apologize, and explain, not say that I was forcing the execution of a service.

• Why should they apologize?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Just tuck tail and hide for awhile.

• @Mark_O_Polo said:
    Why should they apologize?

This.

Why should they apologize? Is it to stroke your "manliness" ego?

• @dcgoncalves said:

I am so glad you did that. Now GestionDBI can allocate more time to people that actually need help not waste it on people like you, that got offended because they missunderstood word 'service' (that have many means, just ask for clarification if not given...), then spam the same thing over and over again and 'demand' something.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What an arrogant child, OP is.

• imokimok Member

@deank said:
    What an arrogant child, OP is.

Glad to see you didn't tagged @OP.

Wait...

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited August 2017

you just lucky got one migration for free

I have two service from their promo ( a 256mb ovz plan ), and i cannot migrate vps location to anywhere as they said , and i cannot transfered to other account either as i did not much need it anymore , so i just left it until expired and did not renew it

• You came to the wrong place man. This forum will just bash on you , because you clearly in the wrong side.