Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Miscommunication
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Miscommunication

dcgoncalvesdcgoncalves Member
edited August 2017 in General

Before I start, I'd like to apologize for my bad English.

I would like to report something that happened yesterday with the support of this company, which for me was clear that they are not people who honor what they say.

This is the scenario:
I have 03 active services with this company, 02 "DeepNet Solutions VPS" and 01 "LowEndSpirit NAT VPS".
The "DeepNet Solutions VPS" are located in New Jersey and London, and the "LowEndSpirit NAT VPS" is located in New Jersey.

The VPS located in London was originally in Atlanta, I requested the migration and it was made.
I asked to migrate NAT VPS located in New Jersey to Canada because I had just hired a VPS with ipv4 in the same location and NAT VPS would no longer be needed at that location. I was informed that migrations to this type of service were not allowed. Only the migration of "DeepNet Solutions VPS" are allowed. Okay, I accepted the answer.

So, yesterday I requested the migration of my service "DeepNet Solutions VPS" located in New Jersey to Miami, as this is allowed.

Look what happened:

Daniel Goncalves 04/08/2017 06:56:52
Hello,
I would like to migrate my DNS-OVZ-128MB located in New Jersey to Miami.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Daniel Gonçalves

David Boisvert 04/08/2017 12:36:17
Rate my response
Hi,

There is only one migration free by service.
This help to keep our cost low. Additional migration are billed at $15 each.

Do you still want to proceed with the migration?

Kind regards / Cordialement,

===============================
David B. / Technical Director - Owner
Gestion DBI
www.gestiondbi.com

Daniel Goncalves 04/08/2017 12:43:17
Yes, I would like to proceed with the migration, as this is the first migration of this service.

Thank you very much.

David Boisvert 04/08/2017 12:47:49
Rate my response
Hi,

This is not the first migration in you account, it's will be the third one:

View ticket: 583038 and 380060.

So if you still want a migration, you will need to add $15 in account funds and then update the ticket so we can proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

David B. / Technical Director - Owner
Gestion DBI
www.gestiondbi.com

Daniel Goncalves 04/08/2017 12:56:50
380060 - Migration from VPS located in Atlanta to London. It has no relation with my service located in New Jersey
583038 - Read your own answer, no migration has been performed.

As you said, only one migration by service, and this is my first migration from my service located in New Jersey.

Abuse-Security User1 04/08/2017 13:06:25
Rate my response
Hi,

Even if you argue, we already specified twice that there is only one migration free by account.
You already get yours.

Abuse Team / Security Team
Gestion DBI
www.gestiondbi.com

Daniel Goncalves 04/08/2017 13:21:51
You do not read what you write. First said that it is one free migration by SERVICE and then says that it is only one free migration by ACCOUNT.
I'm a liar?
Be a man and do what you say.

After that I was ignored and the ticket closed.

He said a migration is free but he charged me $15. How?
First he said it was one free migration for service, then tried to fool me, saying it was one migration on account and he had said it was so. And yet he was arrogant and said that I had no reason to argue

I leave here the alert for who was to hire the service of this company, because they are people who show disrespect and do not honor their word. This is a arrogant kid's attitude, not an attitude of a professional adult man. My request was simple, imagine what could happen if it were a serious problem. They lost my confidence.

What I will do now is to request the cancellation of the 03 services, even if I lose my money.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

When he said service, he meant "Low End Spirit", and "DeepNet Solutions", not each specific VPS. This is likely a miscommunication due to the language barrier, but I understood what he stated. Being that he offered you a solution, and you tried to push into a third migration, I see no issue with him closing the ticket. It was your misunderstanding.. and you're not paying for their administrative time.

• dcgoncalvesdcgoncalves Member
    edited August 2017

@WSS said:
    When he said service, he meant "Low End Spirit", and "DeepNet Solutions", not each specific VPS. This is likely a miscommunication due to the language barrier, but I understood what he stated. Being that he offered you a solution, and you tried to push into a third migration, I see no issue with him closing the ticket. It was your misunderstanding.. and you're not paying for their administrative time.

If it was a misunderstanding, he should have at least tried to explain. He didn `t do. Even if it were so, as you say, it does not justify because later he insisted that it was not one free migration by "service", but by "account".
    When I contract a "service", I contract a VPS, a unit. When I go into "my services" in the account area of my account, it shows 03 "services", three VPS.

• I understand it the same way as @WSS. I also guess that this is a miscommunication due to the language barrier.

• imokimok Member

I think he made a mistake saying "service", and then clarified it. Why do you do some much problems?

Anyway, I wouldn't expect migrations for free. You shouldn't try to abuse a low cost service.

Kudos to GestionDBI

• WSSWSS Member

@dcgoncalves said:
    If it was a misunderstanding, he should have at least tried to explain. He didn `t do. Even if it were so, as you say, it does not justify because later he insisted that it was not a free migration by "service", but by "account".
    When I contract a "service", I contract a VPS, a unit. When I go into "my services" in the account area of my account, it shows 03 "services", three VPS.

You're still wrong- he did attempt to explain it to you, and you got pissy about the fee, and so he closed the ticket, knowing that you didn't want to pay for this service. Again, this due to YOUR misunderstanding.

I don't care for your bullshit argument because he used a word that can be used to describe several things and it happens to be used in the control panel. Go ahead and rage quit since that $15 was worth enough time to come on LET and whine and bitch because you wanted a free move which you didn't get.

• GestionDBI runs one of the stable nodes, that's all I care.

• @dcgoncalves Any reason the title is "Arrogant Child"? It makes no sense.

• @imok said:
    I think he made a mistake saying "service", and then clarified it. Why do you do some much problems?

Anyway, I wouldn't expect migrations for free. You shouldn't try to abuse a low cost service.

Kudos to GestionDBI

But "service" is one thing, "account" is another completely different. No one needs to be an expert in the language to understand this.
    If he does not do migrations for free then he should have said forever, it would be more honorable. I did not even have to migrate the data in fact, it would just disable in one location and activate in another.

• @tenpera said:
    GestionDBI runs one of the stable nodes, that's all I care.

But I'm not discussing stability.

• @imok said:

price nothing to do with what happed here.

btw why the support ticket answered by abuse team? someone forgot to change his username before replying?

• WSSWSS Member

@doghouch said:
    @dcgoncalves Any reason the title is "Arrogant Child"? It makes no sense.

It's just a free service he provides.

• @doghouch said:

Because he told me something, changed his mind, did not apologize, said I was wrong, and still closed the ticket. Attitude of an arrogant child.

• edited August 2017

I would suggest you change your title as calling GestionDBI an arrogant child makes you seem like one. You are not entitled to another free migration as their policy states you get only 1 FREE and any subsequent migration will cost you a $15 fee.

My best advice would be to learn how to carry yourself in a forum like this one because with that attitude no reputable host would want to deal with you. Besides, you already put out your full name out there, so other hosts know which name to blacklist.

Learn some proper business etiquette, and always be professional when you are talking to web hosting support, and never use any derogatory names to describe your web host. Be polite and courteous and the doors will open up for you. These are my 2 cents.

• How was he arrogant ?

• WSSWSS Member

Uh, you forgot you're on your parachute account, iABC..

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited August 2017

Oh come on... these plans are a few dollars for an entire year. Any administrative time at all on these plans is an immediate loss in profit. You're lucky the first migration was free to be honest. Talk about arrogant children...

Tldr; manage your expectations or pay a bit more

Thanked by 2mk1 FredQc
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I would suggest you change your title as calling GestionDBI an arrogant child makes you seem like one. You are not entitled to another free migration as their policy states you get only 1 FREE and any subsequent migration will cost you a $15 fee.

My best advice would be to learn how to carry yourself in a forum like this one because with that attitude no reputable host would want to deal with you. Besides, you already put out your full name out there, so other hosts know which name to blacklist.

Learn some proper business etiquette, and always be professional when you are talking to web hosting support, and never use any derogatory names to describe your web host. Be polite and courteous and the doors will open up for you. These are my 2 cents.

Nowhere in company policy is it written that I am entitled to a free migration. If they'd told me right away that it was not allowed, I'd take it.
    As I explained above, the attitude of the company was an arrogant child yes. He told me one thing, changed his mind, did not apologize to me, and still tried to make it sound like I was lying.

• @MasonR said:
    Oh come on... these plans are a few dollars for an entire year. Any administrative time at all on these plans is an immediate loss in profit. You're lucky the first migration was free to be honest. Talk about arrogant children...

only few dollar? people around here often said few dollar like nothing

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Changed the title to more accurately reflect the situation. Previous title was "GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Arrogant Child".

• zedzed Member

it looks like he misspoke then corrected himself without bothering to acknowledge it (i would have read it as you did). if one provider here annoys you, make a note not to use them again and move to another, not worth the hassle over a few dollars.

• @MasonR said:

Being cheap does not mean I'm not a customer. I do not want someone to do something for which I have not paid, what I want is the least clarity and respect as any client, just that.

I have vps in other cheap companies and I never had problem like this, they were always respectful and they never told me one thing and then another.

• imokimok Member

@sibaper said:

Of course it is:

@MasonR said:

• @trewq said:
    Changed the title to more accurately reflect the situation. Previous title was "GestionDBI / DeepNet Solution - Arrogant Child".

You should also add "Language Barrier" on it. However, kudos on the title change.

• @imok said:

@sibaper said:

Of course it is:

@MasonR said:

I still didn't get it. care to explain?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

I have nothing to hide, I have manliness to expose what I think.
    If a company puts me on the blacklist and does not accept me as a customer, great, it's a favor that makes me, as this only demonstrates that it is not a serious business.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@dcgoncalves said:

@doghouch said:

Because he told me something, changed his mind, did not apologize, said I was wrong, and still closed the ticket. Attitude of an arrogant child.

I still don't get why they're an "arrogant child." Why would you call them that? Do you even know what arrogant means?

Edit: there's no point in arguing. You seem to believe that calling a company names is the way to go.

That said, you're spamming their support desk on a service that costs less than 1/5th of my typical McDonald's order.

• @dcgoncalves said:
    I have nothing to hide, I have manliness to expose what I think.
    If a company puts me on the blacklist and does not accept me as a customer, great, it's a favor that makes me, as this only demonstrates that it is not a serious business.

"manliness" uh... So now this is about showing how "macho" you are for "exposing" your own personal opinion. This has nothing to do with "manliness", please stop there as you are exposing yourself as a sexist pig.

Serious businesses aren't going to accept customers based on how "manliness" they are, you have a really skewed view of how a successful "serious business" operates.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

If only clients could click a button and migrate their VPSs themselves... /shamelessplug :D

• @KuJoe said:
    If only clients could click a button and migrate their VPSs themselves... /shamelessplug :D

@jarland Prepare to feel a hell ton of pain.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

@doghouch said:

@KuJoe said:

@jarland Prepare to feel a hell ton of pain.

Worth it. :)