Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who are other providers that can match buyshared quality and price? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

who are other providers that can match buyshared quality and price?

2»

Comments

• @mmunoz said:
    Hi:
    You recommend me mxshared.com? Where their servers are located?
    Regards

It says on their website.

Reseller web hosting in Dallas, TX

@jarland please confirm

Thanked by 1mmunoz
  • Mxshared has no public ticket system

• @Francisco What happened to R1Soft?

Thanked by 1ScienceOnline
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    @Francisco What happened to R1Soft?

Their support for CloudLinux 7 was extremely spotty. CL7 was turning out new kernels once a week due to the bugs people were reporting and R1Soft was always a few weeks behind, and in many cases never bothered releasing versions. Even when the kernel was supported it was spotty at best, many backups never running.

Since then there was a license agreement change where they weren't allowing people to resell licenses or something like that.

We never had the license volume to justify going direct. Even if we wanted to they refuse to reply to us (or anyone from what I've heard).

Francisco

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @doghouch said:

I believe updates and stuff have stopped. They are currently in coasting mode.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AuroraZ said:

@doghouch said:

I believe updates and stuff have stopped. They are currently in coasting mode.

They got passed around like a @Nekki for a while but yeah, they seem to be lifeless at this point.

Francisco

• What? Nekki is lifeless?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@mmunoz said:
    Mxshared has no public ticket system

Can probably hit up @jarland or @TheOnlyDK if you have a question

• WSSWSS Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    What? Nekki is lifeless?

Perhaps without a soul.. see how fucking mopey he is since he got a timeout?

• @Francisco said:
    Jet is good but it doesn't deal with 10 or 20 million inodes well. No fault on the software, just block based syncing has been a lot faster.

Francisco

Ahh, I run with about 5-7 million inodes per webserver, and the backup server itself seems to use about 100 million and it's still faster than r1soft in terms of backup times, and it uses a lot less disk space.

Oh and I don't have corrupt databases or files as I did with R1Soft :'D

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@doghouch said:

Their support for CloudLinux 7 was extremely spotty. CL7 was turning out new kernels once a week due to the bugs people were reporting and R1Soft was always a few weeks behind, and in many cases never bothered releasing versions. Even when the kernel was supported it was spotty at best, many backups never running.

Since then there was a license agreement change where they weren't allowing people to resell licenses or something like that.

We never had the license volume to justify going direct. Even if we wanted to they refuse to reply to us (or anyone from what I've heard).

Francisco

On top of everything, even when it ran properly, you must be very lucky to get it working and properly do a bare metal restore - volumes missing, etc. . Had my fair share bad luck with it and am phasing it out of everywhere.

• You are welcome to check our last promotion here: Misterhost.NET Promo

• FoulFoul Member

Nobody matches up to Buyshared, sorry.

Thanked by 2mexyul Francisco
  • I'm surprised no one ever mentions how you get a dedicated IP on the $5/y plans on these threads. IPv4 tends to be the reason you can't get these offers from other providers.

• gonduriyagonduriya Member
    edited August 2017

@ricardo said:
    I'm surprised no one ever mentions how you get a dedicated IP on the $5/y plans on these threads. IPv4 tends to be the reason you can't get these offers from other providers.

even if we don't consider dedicated ip, their reseller plans are pretty cool and reliable. i make some money out of it too :D hahahaha

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • I have an account with ImpactShared and BuyVM and both have been very stable and awesome at responding to tickets.