Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NIXStats vs NodeQuery. What do you prefer? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NIXStats vs NodeQuery. What do you prefer?

Comments

• @vfuse i love it. nixstats very good. Hope it will free for LET members later at least for monitoring few server.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mexyul said:
    @vfuse i love it. nixstats very good. Hope it will free for LET members later at least for monitoring few server.

Doubt it. It will be cheap tho. Note that Vincent has been providing us this amazing service for free for... Quite a long time already.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • I'm removing NewRelic from all my servers, since it will no longer be free (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/119039/new-relic-server-monitoring-will-be-no-longer-after-november-14-2017/)

So now using NIXStats and NodeQuery in different servers to test both systems. I really don't like to have the 2 monitoring the same server.. it just seems a overkill.

Like the simplicity of NodeQuery.. but the lack of updates turns me off. NIXStats really seems a rock solid and full featured service.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@mexyul said:
    @vfuse i love it. nixstats very good. Hope it will free for LET members later at least for monitoring few server.

Doubt it. It will be cheap tho. Note that Vincent has been providing us this amazing service for free for... Quite a long time already.

Indeed, I will happily pay for it :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@mexyul said:

Yes, but maybe full trial 1-3 servers will attract more paid users :)

@pbgben said:

@MikePT said:

@mexyul said:

Indeed, I will happily pay for it :)

Same here!

• What's the average CPU usage of nixstat for you? It uses around 0.38 on mines

• @jetchirag said:
    What's the average CPU usage of nixstat for you? It uses around 0.38 on mines

On a new server i'm testing it uses a constant 0.6 CPU (E3-1230). It seems a little bit high when comparing with other monitoring solutions.

When server is idle the NIXStats is the thing that uses most CPU resources... at least on NIXStats dashboard it's the Process that is in first place / on top.

• HxxxHxxx Member

well there goes your core :)

• WSSWSS Member

Two fingers up the ass. I know what's going on at all times.

Thanked by 2Hxxx MikeA
  • @vfuse Make some nixstats stickers pls :)

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ZweiTiger said:
    Hetrixtools much more better.. try it :) Uptime,blacklist and linux server monitor

@vld said:
    https://hetrixtools.com/ - really good.

Thanks for mentioning HetrixTools.
    I'm really glad you're enjoying the platform and our services.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited August 2017

nqservices said: On a new server i'm testing it uses a constant 0.6 CPU (E3-1230). It seems a little bit high when comparing with other monitoring solutions.

You're reading that incorrectly, it's 0.6% not 0.6 cpu load ;)

I am using nixstats, nodequery, nginx amplify, newrelic and netdata - sometimes more than one on same server without issues.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @doghouch said:
    @vfuse Make some nixstats stickers pls :)

And some tee shirts

• @HBAndrei said:

@ZweiTiger said:
    Hetrixtools much more better.. try it :) Uptime,blacklist and linux server monitor

@vld said:
    https://hetrixtools.com/ - really good.

Thanks for mentioning HetrixTools.
    I'm really glad you're enjoying the platform and our services.

Sadly your prices are very expensive. Consider to make a LET plan like everybody there :)

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

ZweiTiger said: Sadly your prices are very expensive. Consider to make a LET plan like everybody there :)

Anything would seem very expensive, when compared to free services such as Nixstats and NodeQuery. But I do get your point about the prices not being too LET friendly, and I'll have to get some LET specific promos going in the near future. Thanks for the feedback.
    Cheers.

Thanked by 2alown eva2000
  • nodequery, uptimerobot and telegram bot

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Note that the process level cpu usage is not 0 till 100% but 0 till (100*amount of cores)% so if your nixstatsagent cpu usage shows as 0.6% and you have 8 threads the usage is 0.075%

@colbert @doghouch I'll see what I can do about some free swag :)

Also just added a subuser feature, you can give someone with a nixstats account read access to all servers/monitors or to a specific tag(s). You can find the subusers feature on the settings page.

Up next the dashboard will be overhauled to support users with > 100 servers since it's taking a lot of resources to render those graphs.

Thanked by 2doghouch eva2000
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well seems like, NIXStats is not free anymore, need to "upgrade" to use my Monitors.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:
    Well seems like, NIXStats is not free anymore, need to "upgrade" to use my Monitors.

That was not suppose to show up yet, should be gone now sorry about the shock ;)

Thanked by 1jaden
  • @Neoon said:

Was there any mention of pricing? I think the day is near

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jetchirag said:

@Neoon said:

Was there any mention of pricing? I think the day is near

vfuse said: Up next the dashboard will be overhauled to support users with > 100 servers since it's taking a lot of resources to render those graphs.

Glad to know that... Finally. :P

• WSSWSS Member

...and the rats suddenly swim away from NIXstats like a sinking ship.

• Is there any estimate on what plans are going to be provided for NixStats? I wanted to replace my Observium install since I cba maintaining it but not have to switch back if the cost is too high.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I'd like to see more accurate pricing information also. I'd love to use Nixstats but wouldn't want to add a bunch of servers then see it'll cost $1500/year+ to use.

• I am using both. Both are great.

• @rocket said:
    Is there any estimate on what plans are going to be provided for NixStats? I wanted to replace my Observium install since I cba maintaining it but not have to switch back if the cost is too high.

@MikeA said:
    I'd like to see more accurate pricing information also. I'd love to use Nixstats but wouldn't want to add a bunch of servers then see it'll cost $1500/year+ to use.

I asked on the livechat about the pricing,

"It will be about $1 per server per month for beta testers"
    "Yes web monitors will be around $1 per 5 monitors"

Pricing is pretty good imo

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@rocket said:

@rocket said:
    Is there any estimate on what plans are going to be provided for NixStats? I wanted to replace my Observium install since I cba maintaining it but not have to switch back if the cost is too high.

@MikeA said:

I'm more interested in the non-beta tester prices.

• @MikeA said:

@rocket said:

@rocket said:

@MikeA said:

I'm more interested in the non-beta tester prices.

Pricing will be same for future servers as well or current only