Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPad Pro 12.9" as a laptop replacement? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPad Pro 12.9" as a laptop replacement?

13»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jarland said: I mean, I can plug in a damn mouse if I "really" want to.

This is it in a nut shell, I still run an ipad 2 but for work its a real pain in the ass due to the lack of a mouse.

If you plan to jailbreak it and install a mouse app then it will be fine I guess.

• jarland said: It's actually quite great in practice

Sure, CPU wise it is ok to use, but the 1 USB-C port without DP for the price... please...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2017

William said: Sure, CPU wise it is ok to use, but the 1 USB-C port without DP for the price... please...

I mean that comes down to your use case. Take me for example. That laptop is not a desktop replacement, it's the portable device carried around to get work done in a pinch. That's not the device you clear your desk for and plug a bunch of things into. Price is something I consider a matter of personal value. If you want it and you're willing to pay the tag, then the price is always right.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Has anyone tried any of the Android models that are similar?