Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launching our new cloud platform and hourly billed Xen servers, free credits to try
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Launching our new cloud platform and hourly billed Xen servers, free credits to try

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2017 in Offers

I'm excited to announce our new cloud platform brand and launch pricing!

The platform features in fully managing your VPS, Up/Down Scaling individual resources, SSH console and much more!

It's "plan free" and we've put up a pricing calculator on: https://cloudcone.com/cloud-servers/ to estimate your monthly pricing and get billed by the hour.

Plans start at 1.67/MO billed $0.00224/HR -- Strictly launch pricing, once signed up it stays under your machine for life.

Sign up and visit https://app.cloudcone.com/billing#cloud-credit add coupon code "LAUNCHFEVER" to get $1 of free credit.

All feature requests and issues are welcome (for support issues, it's preferred to contact us directly via the in-app chat messenger)

For any questions you have, post it below and i'll be happy to answer them. Looking forward to see you.

Datacenter Location: LA
Test IP: 173.82.2.222

Thanked by 2xddxdd kwedo

Comments

• kvm?

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

sibaper said: kvm?

We have plans for KVM, should be launched soon. I will be posting an offer for KVM when it's ready

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited July 2017

Interesting! how does your DDOS protection work? your test i.p does not appear to go through Voxility's network.

• add_iTadd_iT Member

how long for $5 free credit to use?

Any limitation?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I'm curious, is that a custom panel? It seems surprisingly polished given that you appear to be a relatively small provider, and developing a panel is no small feat.

JoeMerit said: Interesting! how does your DDOS protection work? your test i.p does not appear to go through Voxility's network.

We have a page for that: https://cloudcone.com/ddos-protection/ to test DDoS you can try the ip 173.82.152.2 for DDoS routes

edited July 2017

add_iT said: how long for $5 free credit to use?
    Any limitation?

Not really, it does't expire one you add it to your account and you can use it for multiple machines

Also, a few points of feedback:

• Your corporate website is down.
    • The "Name" field asks for "Your first name" in the initial signup form, but the field is called "Full Name" in the profile editing view.
    • The "Check your inbox for the confirmation e-mail" box should probably replace the page contents; there's no reason for the user to still interact with the signup form after that, and right now it seems like there's still something left to do on the page (which will confuse users).
    • The phone number field doesn't allow anything other than a US phone number, and the State field calls "Zuid-Holland" and "invalid state or province"; but it certainly is a valid one in the Netherlands. Some internationalization work left to be done here.
    • There's no indication on the VM creation page that billing still needs to be configured / credit still needs to be topped up.
    Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • The panel looks outstanding, great job.

The pricing looks pretty reasonable.

Haven't tested the server extensively but it looks promising :).

Some notes to consider

• No Ubuntu 16.04

• No Debian 9

• It would be better to add Bitcoin Payment

• More locations would be great, (at least one in Europe would be amazing)

• Please remove unsupported (End of Life) Fedora version, really, there is no need to have Fedora [18-21], instead please add Fedora 25-26.

• Please also remove Ubuntu 15.04, it's unsupported (End of Life), instead please add 17.04

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
    edited July 2017

@joepie91 said:

• The "Name" field asks for "Your first name" in the initial signup form, but the field is called "Full Name" in the profile editing view.
    • The "Check your inbox for the confirmation e-mail" box should probably replace the page contents; there's no reason for the user to still interact with the signup form after that, and right now it seems like there's still something left to do on the page (which will confuse users).
    • The phone number field doesn't allow anything other than a US phone number, and the State field calls "Zuid-Holland" and "invalid state or province"; but it certainly is a valid one in the Netherlands. Some internationalization work left to be done here.
    • There's no indication on the VM creation page that billing still needs to be configured / credit still needs to be topped up.

Noted i will have some one look into these tweaks, thanks for pointing out.

However our site http://cloudcone.com is up

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited July 2017

I miss either OpenStack or Amazon EC2 compatible API.

I also miss having the ability of taking snapshots and uploading custom images. Those two features are a must for my company.

williclarkam said: The panel looks outstanding, great job.

The pricing looks pretty reasonable.
    Haven't tested the server extensively but it looks promising :).
    Some notes to consider

We use Stripe for payments, bitcoin can be accepted soon since stripe supports it already. I have noted the templates. and thanks for the great feedback

albertdb said: I also miss having the ability of taking snapshots and uploading custom images. Those two features are a must for my company.

We are already working on a snapshot system, you are free to list out the features that matter to you the most here: http://cloudcone.helprace.com and our team can keep track of em.

• DT_DT_ Member

Looks promising! Will check out for sure!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Interesting,

PV or HVM or PVH?

@Quadcone said:

@joepie91 said:

Noted i will have some one look into these tweaks, thanks for pointing out.

However our site http://cloudcone.com is up

Yes, cloudcone.com is, but http://www.conecorporation.com/ is not. That's linked from the footer of the Quadcone site.

• xddxddxddxdd Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks for your free service!

A few problems though:

1. The country code of phone number is always +1 although I have chosen other countries.

2. IPv6 isn't working (at least for me).

• your ssl seem error on my end, dont know on others.
    west coast is always interesting for me, do you provide API on future, custom iso and snapshot too?

@xddxdd said:
    Thanks for your free service!

A few problems though:

1. The country code of phone number is always +1 although I have chosen other countries.

2. IPv6 isn't working (at least for me).

joepie91 said: The phone number field doesn't allow anything other than a US phone number

For country phone code to update you will need to select the country and then save your profile. After reloading your profile page you should see the relevant country code

@andiklive said:
    your ssl seem error on my end, dont know on others.

Their certificate chain is incomplete, so that's probably why.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone

joepie91 said: Yes, cloudcone.com is, but http://www.conecorporation.com/ is not. That's linked from the footer of the Quadcone site.

I'll have some one fix it. the site should be http://cone.us

• @Quadcone said:

JoeMerit said: Interesting! how does your DDOS protection work? your test i.p does not appear to go through Voxility's network.

We have a page for that: https://cloudcone.com/ddos-protection/ to test DDoS you can try the ip 173.82.152.2 for DDoS routes

So if someone does not pay the extra $2 per month for a filtered IP, how much time will they be down in between when your system null routes them and you put them on the filtered network?

JoeMerit said: So if someone does not pay the extra $2 per month for a filtered IP

Filtered IPs are 24/7 on Vox and there is no downtime on a filtered IP.

Always on mode ensures your routing from our datacenter to your location is 100% DDoS protected up to layer 7. Always on mode requires you to purchase a DDoS protected IP in addition or add DDoS protection to your existing IP address.

Unlike on demand DDoS protection, your IP will not be null routed on DDoS attacks where you will stay online before, while and after the attack

Taken from our website: https://cloudcone.com/ddos-protection/ (always on mode)

• I'm asking about the free 'on demand' protection. Your ddos page says that in case of DDOS on the free 'on demand' protection that the customer will be null routed for a period of time. How long?

• kwedokwedo Member

I couldn't change the vm's hostname though...

• @joepie91 said:
    Their certificate chain is incomplete, so that's probably why.

oh i see, that the reason why.

• Signed up.. Looks great so far.. @quadcone any plan for debain9 template?

For > @JoeMerit said:

I'm asking about the free 'on demand' protection. Your ddos page says that in case of DDOS on the free 'on demand' protection that the customer will be null routed for a period of time. How long?

On the free on demand protection, the IP will be null routed for about 5 minutes.

@kwedo said:

Contact us through our support chat and we'll change it for you.

• sibapersibaper Member
    edited July 2017

@Quadcone said:

@kwedo said:

Contact us through our support chat and we'll change it for you.

for real?

your order page, untrusted on mobile phone, fix your chain

• CPU single core too weak:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3496219

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU Cores       : 3
    Frequency       : 2000.032 MHz
    Memory          : 996 MB
    Swap            : 1023 MB
    Uptime          : 34 min,