Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Northhosts down and no reply - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Northhosts down and no reply

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

I forgot that I had something with them. I cancelled when people started calling him out and he had some magical hardware problem with PIOHost several months ago.

• @MikeA said:

@6ixth said:
    I sent two SFP to RJ45 adapters to NorthHosts, when I received my server back due to a dispute with them, both were missing and received excuse that he'd check and that he had definetely sent them. No reply since April 2017.

• removed, kind of harsh :(

Truth hurts yo.

• pemus

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

My dev VPS with them is still online, I wonder for how long.

• AnthonySmith said: I don't know why you are asking here to begin with.

I just saw the post and my Northhosts is down so I reply here. I have other VPS to use.

I just want to know what happened of the host .

• I had one of my VPSes at Northhosts, it kept auto shutting down even after reinstalling the OS, and although it always showed unavailable, I was able to turn it on from their panel, which used to take 15mins to log me in. Rebooting from control panel didnt work, only power on did. I eventually gave up, but maybe it could help you.

The difference between node 2 and node 4 is so huge, one of them is a total crap while the other is still working like a charm.

• Nope

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

Meme time

Thanked by 2CConner tarasis
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@AuroraZ gone ?

• @AuroraZ gone ?

He got himself a cooldown, courtesy of @jarland

Thanked by 2Clouvider lazyt
  • My VPS is down for two weeks, no reply at any ticket, no answer...
    This is my second VPS provider that do it in less than a year, definitely serious cloud (AWS, Azure) are best option due the lack of professionalism of these kind of people.
    VPS market is dying

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

My server is down for more than 2 weeks I think (I didn't use it for a while) and it was unconnected practically from solus. I opened a ticket but I did not get any answer. A week ago I got an invoice for renewing the service and several warnings, including first and second billing overdue.
    So anything has disappeared except their collecting money system, so, if anybody do have valid paypal subscription with them, they should cancelled it asap!

P.S. In the beginning (when I signed) and for over 1 1/2 year, their service was really top-notch...

@davidpalau Wow, you are member since 2014 and this is your first ever post?

• I recently got a renewal invoice from them too. After weeks of being down and disconnected in the panel. I submitted a cancellation request and got a 403 forbidden error, oh well.

• joereid said: cancellation request

Cancel? Well, no, mister! We maybe dead now, but you will stick with us!

Thanked by 2Aidan Rolter
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

NorthHost has been gone into Deadpool. PayPal's 180 Days restriction just ended before they took Down My VPS :3 PayPal can't help anymore. Anyways, I need new Yearly Deals, does anyone have ?? Possibly 50GB HDD (Min)/2 Cores/1 GB Ram/500GB-1TB BW between $10-$15/Yr ?

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited September 2017

Virtual6 would love to provide a new home for any UK VPS customer of North Hosts. Please reach out to us to discuss deals either via our usual contact us procedure or via PM, we will try our best to accommodate you. All accounts hosted on fully owned hardware in our Sheffield datacenter.

We look forward to welcoming you!

www.virtual6.uk

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Possibly 50GB HDD (Min)/2 Cores/1 GB Ram/500GB-1TB BW between $10-$15/Yr

Why not just set that budget for 6 months instead, then it will have a better chance of still being there in 6 months?

That's a pretty silly budget, especially for someone with a provider tag.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    NorthHost has been gone into Deadpool. PayPal's 180 Days restriction just ended before they took Down My VPS :3 PayPal can't help anymore. Anyways, I need new Yearly Deals, does anyone have ?? Possibly 50GB HDD (Min)/2 Cores/1 GB Ram/500GB-1TB BW between $10-$15/Yr ?

With this budget you will end again like this.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@WHT said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Thats pure fake news.

The risk is higher as cheaper it gets, but there are also some sane hosts, which offer 15$/y with 1GB OVZ and they have been around for years.

KVM with those specs for 15$/y is nearly impossible.

But you could also listen to @AnthonySmith and buy better stuff.

Imagine the time you waste on Tickets and Paypal chargebacks.

Neoon said: but there are also some sane hosts, which offer 15$/y with 1GB OVZ and they have been around for years.

Name 3.

It was $10 and 50GB Disk as well.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited September 2017

I bet all 3 are in colocrossing.

Thanked by 1WSS

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: but there are also some sane hosts, which offer 15$/y with 1GB OVZ and they have been around for years.

Name 3.

It was $10 and 50GB Disk as well.

10-15$/y

1. https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=201

16$/y, 768MB

1. https://portal.nfphosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

12$/y 1GB, it comes even with 40GB HDD

1. https://www.arubacloud.com/

12EUR/y even KVM

I can even find a ton more when I go deeper.

It does not match the specs to 100% but its close.

@ratherbak3d said:

I bet all 3 are in colocrossing.

Neoon said: It does not match the specs to 100% but its close.

So none then, the only one close is Aruba and that's €4.99 p/m in the UK.

Thanked by 1Aidan

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: It does not match the specs to 100% but its close.

So none then, the only one close is Aruba and that's €4.99 p/m in the UK.

Eh, he did not mentioned a location.

Italy is still 12EUR/y.

• I know I'm a glutton, but I'm half-tempted to try an NFP account just to see how long it lasts.

Neoon said: Eh, he did not mentioned a location.

Italy is still 12EUR/y.

Replacing North Hosts means UK, but fair one, he did not specifically say UK.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Neoon said:

@WHT said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Thats pure fake news.

The risk is higher as cheaper it gets, but there are also some sane hosts, which offer 15$/y with 1GB OVZ and they have been around for years.

KVM with those specs for 15$/y is nearly impossible.

But you could also listen to @AnthonySmith and buy better stuff.

Imagine the time you waste on Tickets and Paypal chargebacks.

What is Fake News ?? I need OVZ with that spec. I can hardly find one with 1 GB of Ram at that price range. I don't like ArubaCloud for some reasons. Any other offer available ? & This is good hosts :3

• Don't ever fall for this! It's not even about downtime or networking blips... A second VPS gone with the wind for the last few months, just vanished. No response whatsoever from the so-called "support". This time with some important data I was stupid enough to not back up...

You've been warned.
    Switched hosts but whatever...

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: What is Fake News ?? I need OVZ with that spec. I can hardly find one with 1 GB of Ram at that price range. I don't like ArubaCloud for some reasons. Any other offer available ? & This is good hosts :3

What reasons.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How many more threads you’ll dig up mate ?