Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 1-2 Sponsors for FireFly - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 1-2 Sponsors for FireFly

2»

Comments

• JackHJackH Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    You need a reality check buddy.

First of all, get a domain because putting your "handcrafted" panel on your x8e.net is just plain unappealing. It doesn't matter if its free for the "community", or if it is an "early stage". Even totally free open source projects from github have their own website now a days.

Second of all, your panel needs major work, I wouldn't even consider it Alpha stage at this point.

Third of all, you are literally getting in a very saturated and competitive market, and you want to get in it for free by allowing other people to provide the costs for a simple banner that no one is going to care to click. It is 2017 and not a lot of people click on banners, especially gamers .So your offer is worthless in my honest freaking opinion.

On top of that, you sound pretty entitled and not willing to invest your own $ into up keeping your own servers. I really do not see any way possible a sponsor will get his or her money out of "sponsoring" you.

You are asking for maybe around $20 of resources per sponsor, and I can't believe you aren't able to scrap together $20*2 a month for this project of yours. Too me that just screams uncommitted, lazy and waiting for other people to come in and cover your costs for your own benefit.

Dude, this is a project likely developed to add to his portfolio and gain experience. It's being offered for free so that it can be tested properly whilst offering something back to the community. He is using his own servers at the moment and is simply asking for a couple of extra servers in alternative locations with only a fraction of the resources.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    You need a reality check buddy.

First of all, get a domain because putting your "handcrafted" panel on your x8e.net is just plain unappealing. It doesn't matter if its free for the "community", or if it is an "early stage". Even totally free open source projects from github have their own website now a days.

No, there is no reason, to get for everything a domain.

Second of all, your panel needs major work, I wouldn't even consider it Alpha stage at this point.

Did you ever played 7 Days to Die? You got down to your bunker, remove a celling lamp and your hole house collapses above your head. Thats alpha.

I am currently Working on that Project for a few weeks, everything has been Tested, multiple times, its minimalistic but that does not mean its Alpha.

Third of all, you are literally getting in a very saturated and competitive market, and you want to get in it for free by allowing other people to provide the costs for a simple banner that no one is going to care to click. It is 2017 and not a lot of people click on banners, especially gamers .So your offer is worthless in my honest freaking opinion.

Well, maybe I should update the sentence.

On top of that, you sound pretty entitled and not willing to invest your own $ into up keeping your own servers. I really do not see any way possible a sponsor will get his or her money out of "sponsoring" you.

>

Ok, you got me. Everything is running on CloutAtCost for 10$ once and the rest is at FreeVPS.

The E3 was fake news, its just a VPS, I got them also for free.

You are asking for maybe around $20 of resources per sponsor, and I can't believe you aren't able to scrap together $20*2 a month for this project of yours. Too me that just screams uncommitted, lazy and waiting for other people to come in and cover your costs for your own benefit.

>

Thanked by 2JackH vmhaus
  • @Neoon Good luck with your project, I have no doubt you will succeed and you will find tons of sponsors shoving money down your throat. The "community" will surely benefit from your Firefly project. Cheers!

• vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2017

I think you should change a bit you business plan, ads won't sustain the costs. I dont see why anyone would provide you a server without getting the same value in ads in return.

Users that go to your website, will mostly be kids that wanna play a game with friends, they are not looking to buy dedicated servers. Hence the ads won't bring revenue to the sponsors.

Create a members area. Allow 10 minute trials, without registration. Give 1 day for free, for registered , after that the server is reset (all progress in-game is lost). Ask for a small payment (paypal or CC) to keep the server running, or ask the user to complete x amount of surveys (since kids wont just take their parents CC most of the time) , according on the amount of used resources.
    Also, create a product separate from the others where they own an entire dedicated server and you configure it for them. if the dedi costs like 50$, charge them from $75 to $100 or more...

Have your own servers, pay for them, and run google adsense. Advertise on forums about your 1 day free servers. Make users register. Throw a follow-up email campaign for a week giving discounts higher and higher until they buy from you. Convert them from prospects to customers.

Try to charge the next month payment 7 days before the server expires, if the payment fails send an automatic email to them saying that the payment failed and to update their information. This will reduce churn.

Create some referring affiliate program, where you pay them to refer their friends, or give extra time for servers.

• edited July 2017

@vovler said:
    I think you should change a bit you business plan, ads won't sustain the costs. I dont see why anyone would provide you a server without getting the same value in ads in return.

Users that go to your website, will mostly be kids that wanna play a game with friends, they are not looking to buy dedicated servers. Hence the ads won't bring revenue to the sponsors.

Create a members area. Allow 10 minute trials, without registration. Give 1 day for free, for registered , after that the server is reset (all progress in-game is lost). Ask for a small payment (paypal or CC) to keep the server running, or ask the user to complete x amount of surveys (since kids wont just take their parents CC most of the time) , according on the amount of used resources.
    Also, create a product separate from the others where they own an entire dedicated server and you configure it for them. if the dedi costs like 50$, charge them from $75 to $100 or more...

Have your own servers, pay for them, and run google adsense. Advertise on forums about your 1 day free servers. Make users register. Throw a follow-up email campaign for a week giving discounts higher and higher until they buy from you. Convert them from prospects to customers.

Try to charge the next month payment 7 days before the server expires, if the payment fails send an automatic email to them saying that the payment failed and to update their information. This will reduce churn.

Create some referring affiliate program, where you pay them to refer their friends, or give extra time for servers.

@Neeon you need to understand that no providers gives a shit about you providing a free service to the "community". They are there to make money, and simply put, having banner ads for gamers on a free servers won't pay the bills for the free server they are sponsoring you. I mean most of those kids don't even own a CC, do you really think they can buy a server from the sponsor that is providing you with a server?

You lack the will and ambition to support your own project. Literally, you are asking people to pay for your own costs, because you can't even market your own project right and start charging your users so you can provide a better service to the "community".

Instead, you are begging for servers, and think sponsors will line up and give you free servers because you rightfully think your doing a great service to the "community". Nobody cares what you do for the "community" especially on a nobody-know-domain-name you have Firefly on.

You are just a bleep on the internet, yet you are asking for free shit and not even trying a single ounce of energy trying to finance your own project through selling subscription/services. That alone is why most providers won't even fuck with you, because that server would go to waste since they will not be getting a good ROI.

Several people have told you that you should be charging for your panel, yet you over here talking some dumb ass shit about "community" work, and that it should be free because you are offering free but you need ACTUAL providers to pay the bill.

• vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding Dont be an ass, yes you are right. The business model is not sustainable, even 'community' work must be able to play it's own bills at the end of the day.

But give him ideas of how to improve his service instead of just saying that the current one sucks.

@Neeon Accept what he is saying, as most of it is true.
    Also to add to my previous post.
    To facilitate the change from prospects to customers create a $1 first month trial plan, everyone loves $1 trial plans

• @vovler said:

But give him ideas of how to improve his service instead of just saying that the current one sucks.

I told him earlier to get a freaking domain, as the first step he should do. Yet he told me "No, there is no reason, to get for everything a domain." Why can't he just start out with one of those cheap .88 cents domains that are not the most common TLD?

Not even willing to invest a single dollar for a cheap domain to host his free panel, is just pure lazyness, stupidity. It puts your project death on arrival. His main website, x8e.net is not even a company/entity site. He is just doing some subdomain hack for every single one of his project.

In other words, he lacks complete professionalism on the front-end of his project. He doesn't want to keep improving his service with just 2 servers, literally a server in NA and another one in Europe. What else do you want? He already has 2 servers that he can keep using to improve his service, and add/fix any bugs his panel might have.

Instead he wants to expand globally without having a single business plan on how to finance his expansion. Like really? All successful free projects have some sort of funding, that is just a fact. They have bills to pay, and they aren't sure begging on open forums, hoping to get free shit on a project that has no community support.

He should be literally marketing in every single gaming forum known, getting his servers in Canada and France filled 24/7 and get all the feedback he can. Instead, he is begging for more servers without having a plan on how he is going to bring in money to support his servers.

What other ideas besides yours and I can we give him? None, because he is not trying to monetize his shit, he wants people to pay for it from the start. So if it fails, no big deal because he didn't pay for the servers. So... the project has no real leadership, no roadmap, and no clear direction of where is it going, but it is already asking for free shit for the "community". What "community" ? Because I'm damn sure I have never heard of no "Firefly community" before. So I have no freaking idea what "community" he is talking about.

• WinneWinne Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@vovler said:

I told him earlier to get a freaking domain, as the first step he should do. Yet he told me "No, there is no reason, to get for everything a domain." Why can't he just start out with one of those cheap .88 cents domains that are not the most common TLD?

Not even willing to invest a single dollar for a cheap domain to host his free panel, is just pure lazyness, stupidity. It puts your project death on arrival. His main website, x8e.net is not even a company/entity site. He is just doing some subdomain hack for every single one of his project.

In other words, he lacks complete professionalism on the front-end of his project. He doesn't want to keep improving his service with just 2 servers, literally a server in NA and another one in Europe. What else do you want? He already has 2 servers that he can keep using to improve his service, and add/fix any bugs his panel might have.

Instead he wants to expand globally without having a single business plan on how to finance his expansion. Like really? All successful free projects have some sort of funding, that is just a fact. They have bills to pay, and they aren't sure begging on open forums, hoping to get free shit on a project that has no community support.

He should be literally marketing in every single gaming forum known, getting his servers in Canada and France filled 24/7 and get all the feedback he can. Instead, he is begging for more servers without having a plan on how he is going to bring in money to support his servers.

What other ideas besides yours and I can we give him? None, because he is not trying to monetize his shit, he wants people to pay for it from the start. So if it fails, no big deal because he didn't pay for the servers. So... the project has no real leadership, no roadmap, and no clear direction of where is it going, but it is already asking for free shit for the "community". What "community" ? Because I'm damn sure I have never heard of no "Firefly community" before. So I have no freaking idea what "community" he is talking about.

So much salt.

• What a shame, I could have seen the "Firefly" panel being a good asset to the gaming community.

I got very very good ideas into this thread.

@Neoon he is a tremendous person, when he listens to me.People always ask me about game servers, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about game servers. I do very well with game servers. I love game servers. No one loves game servers more than me, BELIEVE ME. game servers loves me. If only @Neoon listen to me then we could have so many game servers you are going to get sick of game servers. The game servers on Firefly would be 10 times better. I have the best game servers knowledge.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    snip

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • No, I wouldn't say LET has a toxic community. Why?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I have the best game servers knowledge.

Come clean, are you really Donald Trump??

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@IAlwaysBeCoding well the issue is, half of your stuff is just shit posting. Like

"Not even willing to invest a single dollar for a cheap domain to host his free panel, "

"Instead he wants to expand globally"

But there is some quality content, I will keep that in mind.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Closed at OPs request.

Thanked by 1JackH
This discussion has been closed.