Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a 1-2GB VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a 1-2GB VPS

2»

Comments

• @MikHo said: If it says theres 1 gb burst I would expect to be able to use it without being threatend to be migrated to a larger plan.

The burst is memory available to you if it's available. You get what's dedicated to you. I wouldn't buy a VPS knowing I'd be dependant on burst memory which may not always be available.

• BiG FAiL

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2012

@Naruto
    You are correct that I would not buy a vps that would rely on burst memory but I would think twice about a provider that disconnect my services for using it.

I edited this... This is also getting really off-topic, if Naruto still wants to discuss burst memory, please open a new thread and you can continue there.

• Nah here is fine. It's all in order. The OP found a new host and got what he wanted so we can continue the new discussion where it started. I don't know what to add though.

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited January 2012

@Taylor said: You say you have no issues yet people cannot use there full allocation of resources?

"What is guaranteed and burst memory (RAM)?

Guaranteed memory is the amount of memory allocated to your VPS which you can use up to at any time. Burst allows your VPS to use more than your guaranteed memory as long as the memory is available to use up to the burst limit."

"To avoid Overusage of Ram and abuse on node Please make sure how much can be used of vps"

These to conflict imo

Hi,
    As i said before

@up2vps said: 1Gb >> 750MB

2GB >> 1.5GB can be up to 1.70GB
    3.5GB >> 3GB can be up to 3.20GB

but he can up to 90 or 95% of ram in case won't cased high load on CPU.We don't overusage on our nodes we using around 55 to 60% of ram we never go to 80%

• Thats stupid when u write 2GB ram at the website
    Then people think they can use 2GB ram and then they get suspended for overusing ram

• @joodle said: Thats stupid when u write 2GB ram at the website

Then people think they can use 2GB ram and then they get suspended for overusing ram

You won't understand what i said . if running minecraft and set Java limit to 4Gb and vps have only 2GB it cased high load on CPU. we don't suspend for overusing ram . we suspended only for overusing CPU. We can't Monitor all vps to looking who overusing Ram.

• ZeroZero Member
    edited January 2012

High memory usage does not always means high CPU loads.
    However if I was one of your clients I would expect to be able to use all the allocated memory for my VPS, but I think this "limit" is in your ToS so clients should know about it.

• @Zero said: High memory usage does not always means high CPU loads.

However if I was one of your clients I would expect to be able to use all the allocated memory for my VPS, but I think this "limit" is in your ToS so clients should know about it.

Hi,
    We know this but 90% cause high load on CPU.We already add this limit in our tos if you are look in order forum it's require accept this limit

Thanks

• Yes, it's a bit lame, and yes, I don't like it. And if CPU is the problem, enforce limits on CPU usage. But it's certainly not the worst thing we've seen, remember all those shared hosts with unlimited everything?

• I still don't understand WTF has to do RAM with CPU...

• @vedran said: Yes, it's a bit lame, and yes, I don't like it. And if CPU is the problem, enforce limits on CPU usage. But it's certainly not the worst thing we've seen, remember all those shared hosts with unlimited everything?

>

We already limit CPU but it same problem when it gone overusing ram start loads on CPU