Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a 1-2GB VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a 1-2GB VPS

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited January 2012 in General

Eyaa

I'm looking for a vps

Specs i'm looking for:
Min 1GB Ram, 2GB Max
15GB Disk Space
1500GB Traffic

Budget $15 monthly

Me hopez someone knows one for me

P.S I prefer Europe, but usa is also great

Comments

• chicagovps has 2 GB ram for 7$/month

• Not anymore...

• Then maybe up2vps has the same plan, but they don't have a good reputation.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

You can look at our site in signature if Italy is ok for you.

• ZeroZero Member
    edited January 2012

@prometeus finally an italian provider here :D, but your VPSes are a bit expensive even with the 50% off :)
    I would be the first to buy a cheap italian VPS.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2012

I know :) , but @joodle mentioned a $15/m budget... (just for info at present we are doubling the unmetered bandwidth)

Thanked by 1Zero
  • http://urpad.net would fit perfectly here. I've had good experiences with them.

• Thanks all

Might go with YourVZ

• innyainnya Member
    edited January 2012

chicago vps still have some left for $7 2gig 50gig vps.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1179/chicagovps-2gb-sale

https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=14&promocode=2048

• i'm with YourVZ now :)
    Got 2 servers there now

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Joodle,

We still have stock, dont know why you said we didnt :-p

• oh, well on the order page i saw 24.95 haha

Anyway, i'm happy with YourVZ now, fast server

• @Christian said: Member

Then maybe up2vps has the same plan, but they don't have a good reputation.

Hi chistian
    the corruption happend with us or other people . but our old CEO won't deal with it as well. whever Ralf is the new CEO now we can deal any issue if it found
    at this moment we don't have any issue
    Thanks You

• The old CEO and the new CEO type alike. Best way to brush off corruption rep is to say you got rid of the problem. Look at their http://my.up2vps.com/announcements.php

• @up2vps What's with your new restriction on using RAM? Advertising 1GB and not allowing us to use all of it. Isn't that the point of burst memory...

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited January 2012
  • @Naruto said: The old CEO and the new CEO type alike. Best way to brush off corruption rep is to say you got rid of the problem. Look at their http://my.up2vps.com/announcements.php

Hi naruto,
    I'm who wrote those announced . i would ask one question
    it is require write it by himself?

Thanks

• @Zetta said: What's with your new restriction on using RAM? Advertising 1GB and not allowing us to use all of it. Isn't that the point of burst memory...

You can't keep ush 100% of ram . if it done it can be made high load on our CPU so we set limit and it require accept it when order
    1Gb >> 750MB
    2GB >> 1.5GB can be up to 1.70GB
    3.5GB >> 3GB can be up to 3.20GB

• @up2vps said: You can't keep ush 100% of ram . if it done it can be made high load on our CPU so we set limit and it require accept it when order

So why not advertise 750mb, 1.7gb, 3.2gb plans then? I think you mean your box is going OOM due to major overselling?

• @Kairus said: So why not advertise 750mb, 1.7gb, 3.2gb plans then? I think you mean your box is going OOM due to major overselling?

True, CPU doesn't matter here

• @Kairus said: @up2vps said: You can't keep ush 100% of ram . if it done it can be made high load on our CPU so we set limit and it require accept it when order

So why not advertise 750mb, 1.7gb, 3.2gb plans then? I think you mean your box is going OOM due to major overselling?

Well . it same issue . As i said can't keep push 100% full ram if we advertise 750MBit still push 100%.
    Also it same good price 750Mb Memory to full use for 5$
    who can provide you 2GB and using 100% full? it willgoning to effect on CPU by high load

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited January 2012

Also look here . it's one of customer
    Memory:
    75%
    769.32 MB of 1 GB used / 254.68 MB free
    it's ok he can up to 75% ,80 or 90% or memory in case he won't effect on CPU . sometimes when using 100% of memory cased High load on CPU

• @up2vps said: Hi naruto,

I'm who wrote those announced . i would ask one question
    it is require write it by himself?

Thanks

"My name is Ralf the new UP2VPS CEO." seems like a lie if you're saying it. Not only that but if he said this for you to post for him, why not copy/paste what he said? Or at least word it differently like "The new CEO Ralf told me he apologizes for any inconvenience..." maybe. Thing is: The message said it was him but it was you and there's not a lot of reason for that to be.

• @Naruto said: "My name is Ralf the new UP2VPS CEO." seems like a lie if you're saying it. Not only that but if he said this for you to post for him, why not copy/paste what he said? Or at least word it differently like "The new CEO Ralf told me he apologizes for any inconvenience..." maybe. Thing is: The message said it was him but it was you and there's not a lot of reason for that to be.

>

if you are see was copy and past . nadeem get many reported about old CEO and his issue with customer so he decided made some changed CEO and some staff. nadeem explain Ralf about the issue and what is happend and fix it. this annouced copied by me and public by me too. i copy this from Ralf

• @up2vps

You say you have no issues yet people cannot use there full allocation of resources?

"What is guaranteed and burst memory (RAM)?
    Guaranteed memory is the amount of memory allocated to your VPS which you can use up to at any time. Burst allows your VPS to use more than your guaranteed memory as long as the memory is available to use up to the burst limit."

"To avoid Overusage of Ram and abuse on node Please make sure how much can be used of vps"

These to conflict imo

• Does that mean he's overselling and when people dip into their burst ram or even too much of their dedicated then bad things happen?

• @Naruto said: Does that mean he's overselling and when people dip into their burst ram or even too much of their dedicated then bad things happen?

Every provider is going to oversell at this price range, even just a little bit. People like to call it 'overcomitting', and let's face it, not everyone is going to use all the memory they purchase, so it makes sense to sell the spare resources (to a point).

Think about it though, a 1GB Up2VPS vps is $5.95, if they sold a 32gb node (reserve 2gb for the host), that's $178.50/mo (less considering the payment processing fees). You need at least RAID 1, and performance isn't going to be great unless you have RAID 10. Not many RAID 10, 32GB ram servers out there for $180 (and even then, you're making no profit)

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

As a customer I expect to get what advertised, no more, no less.
    If it says theres 1 gb burst I would expect to be able to use it without being threatend to be migrated to a larger plan.

I would not stay long with a provider like that (in fact it already happend, wasnt a ram issue then.)